RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

RITA's Rolling

1 hour ago, eastern whipbird said:

Is John Allen the CEO of RITA? McKenzies letter seems to suggest same.

Yes , he is the current CEO of RITA. If he is not feeling v nervous about the new board and its capacity to remove waste and stupidity then he is in for a hell of a shock IMHO

Greg

17 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes , he is the current CEO of RITA. If he is not feeling v nervous about the new board and its capacity to remove waste and stupidity then he is in for a hell of a shock IMHO

Greg

Hmm , I doubt he is feeling nervous about anything , the board must have approved his appointment or at least someone above his paygrade , they are obviously happy with him .

'''A working group, to be chaired by RITA CEO, John Allen and comprising DIA and RITA representatives has been formed to progress as a matter of priority for the industry, the regulations required to give effect to the new revenue streams established under the Racing Reform Act ''

What is a concern is NO STAKE increases next season 

26 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Hmm , I doubt he is feeling nervous about anything , the board must have approved his appointment or at least someone above his paygrade , they are obviously happy with him .

'''A working group, to be chaired by RITA CEO, John Allen and comprising DIA and RITA representatives has been formed to progress as a matter of priority for the industry, the regulations required to give effect to the new revenue streams established under the Racing Reform Act ''

And that's a surprise....??? You need to get out more.

6 minutes ago, eastern whipbird said:

McKenzie and his cohorts in RITA clearly are as clueless as their predecessors. Allen has been a walking disaster since the day he arrived. Why on earth didn't RITA get rid of him from day one?

Perhaps they have to find something for him to do until his contract runs out???

2 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Where in the bejesus could you expect to find the funding for that?    Seriously?

17 minutes ago, Huey said:

Perhaps they have to find something for him to do until his contract runs out???

Well you can't ignore the obvious , ''''  A working group, to be chaired by RITA CEO, John Allen and comprising DIA and RITA representatives ''' . If they thought he wasn't up to it he wouldn't be chair of this lot , would he .

And face it the huge financial success of the punting on the world cricket cup is largely down to Allen .

1.$2 million t/o on the game

2. $1 million GBR ( lucky England won )

3. 30,000 customers had a bet ( double a typical All Black game )

4. 400 bets taken per minute at one stage 

5. 80,000 bets placed in total

6. 22,000 individual bets on the Black Caps

7. Four bets on the Black Caps of $10,000

8. Cricket World Cup is now in the TAB top 5 events of all time 

9. Total t/o on the event, $26 million.

12 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

Where in the bejesus could you expect to find the funding for that?    Seriously?

Race fields was almost here , Winston delayed it for at least 18 months , that's where the money is coming from . Winston wants it to succeed just before the next election , anytime before wouldn't help his re election . At least it's here now .

15 may 2018 , '' Racing Minister Winston Peters has hinted that the long awaited race fields legislation is not likely to be passed any time soon. In his address, Peters hinted the Racing Amendment Bill - known in racing circles as the race fields legislation - may not make its way through Parliament and be made law. '''

New Zealand Racing Board chief executive John Allen recently said the lack of race fields legislation was costing the industry $1 million each month.

1 hour ago, eastern whipbird said:

McKenzie and his cohorts in RITA clearly are as clueless as their predecessors. Allen has been a walking disaster since the day he arrived. Why on earth didn't RITA get rid of him from day one?

Perhaps for sake of continuity in early stages of RITA ... i expect he will be gone in the next 6-12 months

It would cost a lot to pay JA out.

The RITA Mob are very clued up . I think they will manage JA until the end of term.

Remember JA was/is a civil servant and would be used to being directed. I believe the CVs of RITA board show they have the competencies to do that.

This is the Last Chance Saloon imo.

51 minutes ago, Nerula said:

It would cost a lot to pay JA out.

The RITA Mob are very clued up . I think they will manage JA until the end of term.

Remember JA was/is a civil servant and would be used to being directed. I believe the CVs of RITA board show they have the competencies to do that.

This is the Last Chance Saloon imo.

A very factual synopsis of the situation. 

The Muppet Eastern whip obviously has no.idea about NZ employment law. Sacking him would cost the industry a fortune

Greg

Iam still not sure what overseas operators will pay more than a few bucks to bet on NZ racing , the times are all wrong . I've been in a big TAB next to a big track on big day in Australia and not much punting going onto NZ racing in mornings . Do they all sit at home punting early . Up north I doubt many punt on NZ racing through the night . So who's paying the big bucks . They will just run cartoon races if they have to pay through nose  and not bother surely . Not exactly bargaining with the big operators from a position of strength .

Is RITA really rolling? Wasn't all of this stuff mooted before they even took over?

So whom ever was left was going to kick it into a workable order anyway and isn't it just happening because WP has given the go ahead cause its his crew?

31 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I've been in a big TAB next to a big track on big day in Australia and not much punting going onto NZ racing in mornings .

Did they have the sound on?  I asked if they could put it on in a Brisbane TAB one morning and they looked at me like I was from outer space.

18 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Did they have the sound on?  I asked if they could put it on in a Brisbane TAB one morning and they looked at me like I was from outer space.

Last year I was in a tab in central Melb using up some time , they canned a NZ meeting about 10 mins before race 2 . I was the only one who noticed and I think i was only one in there with buck on it .They were punting on dogs from outback and quality cartoon races .

7 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

New Zealand Racing Board chief executive John Allen recently said the lack of race fields legislation was costing the industry $1 million each month.

Is that the same John Allen as this one talking about his new website in January this year?

"We estimate this initiative alone will increase returns to the industry by $17 million to $19m in annualised profit, rising to approximately a $30m increase in net betting profit as a result of the change from 2021/22," he said in a statement. 

22 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Is that the same John Allen as this one talking about his new website in January this year?

"We estimate this initiative alone will increase returns to the industry by $17 million to $19m in annualised profit, rising to approximately a $30m increase in net betting profit as a result of the change from 2021/22," he said in a statement. 

So by 2021/22 racing will be 52 mill per year better off , 30 million plus the 1 million per month racefields . That's 807692 bucks per week more money . Stakes will more than double . Is he sure about his figures , has anyone drilled him on them.

He's dreaming .

5 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

So by 2021/22 racing will be 52 mill per year better off , 30 million plus the 1 million per month racefields . That's 807692 bucks per week more money . Stakes will more than double . Is he sure about his figures , has anyone drilled him on them.

He's dreaming .

He's in charge.

3 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

He's in charge.

It's madness , someone must have said " John mate , explain these figures and your research " . Maybe he has , he must have come to think of it , no one's that mad to say things such as that and expect to not be grilled .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

It's madness , someone must have said " John mate , explain these figures and your research " . Maybe he has , he must have come to think of it , no one's that mad to say things such as that and expect to not be grilled .

Some guy said he was going to build 10,000 houses a year.  Found out he couldn't.  Still has a job.  We're still paying him the same.

Another guy was going to plant 100 million trees a year.  Hasn't.

Just say what you like.  Nobody cares.  You have to use big numbers though.  Nobody would be impressed if you said racefields was only worth about $75,000 per month.

7 hours ago, Leggy said:

Anyone seen the MAC final report or has Winnie buried it?

Possibly not realeasing it Leggy as may have sensitive info in it such as asset sales etc. Be interesting to see though.