RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

The only horse you need this Saturday.....

11 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

whereas Mandela is yet to live up to the declared 'potential superstar' label. Certainly didnt look special yesterday over the last 200m

That’s why I backed Libertini yesterday weasel. 

Mandela was is in a hot field and I thought it was a big test for him but the Snowden’s obviously think something of him to have lined him up. 

How good was Libertini?! B)

How did you go on the punt yesterday?

9 hours ago, CT"s said:

That’s why I backed Libertini yesterday weasel. 

Mandela was is in a hot field and I thought it was a big test for him but the Snowden’s obviously think something of him to have lined him up. 

How good was Libertini?! B)

How did you go on the punt yesterday?

couldnt get excited enuf to put much at all... Libertini super impressive but I was underwhelmed by the WFA field yesterday. Too early really - where are the exciting sprinter-milers?  Is it to be all about Happy Clapper and Hartnell now that Winx is done? Mebbe September will unveil some more up and comers in Aus, incl the best of the Kiwis ...

11 hours ago, weasel57 said:

couldnt get excited enuf to put much at all... Libertini super impressive but I was underwhelmed by the WFA field yesterday. Too early really - where are the exciting sprinter-milers?  Is it to be all about Happy Clapper and Hartnell now that Winx is done? Mebbe September will unveil some more up and comers in Aus, incl the best of the Kiwis ...

I think the 3 year olds are an exciting group of sprinter-milers and the Golden Rose is shaping up as an absolute beauty with horses like Bivouac, Exceedance & Microphone entered.

Might have to go up to Sydney for that one. 

On 8/24/2019 at 9:31 PM, Red Rum said:

Very exciting , your right there , hosed home .

Mandela didn't do a lot today but Dabiyr covered me and had run  for me money with Harrison at big odds .Got enough back for Ebor , Raymond Tusk ew.

Liked the run of Casadian on OZ debut , last brought wide and ran on nice,  only one little flick with whip , wait till it gets to a mile .

Hope you had a few bucks on Mustajeer in the Ebor RR.....strong effort, they might know what they are doing with this one...

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Hope you had a few bucks on Mustajeer in the Ebor RR.....strong effort, they might know what they are doing with this one...

Got myself into profit with Raymond Tusk 4th via UK bet at 20s  , have a look at his run if you get a chance . Touch of class that horse . Typical Spencer ride , dropped out , no choice from 21 , progress on bridle no gap,  then went for gap and it  closed on him then switched and flew home for forth . I think it wins with a gap. Doubt it will head out from Hannon stable though. Knew they would fan out but had that sinking feeling that comes with backing horse with double handful and just knew it weren't gonna open up in time .

Worry for me formwise  was closeness of Red Galileo , bit of an odd horse that one .For me at moment Cross Counter turns up healthy it wins even with weight rise.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Well done Ohoka,the all over hood seems to be working!The race was set up for the mid division/rear horses as they went a fair gallop.He is quirky so with travelling down under and a new trainer,as stated earlier he's still not for me in the cups.

All the best

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Stop it FFS !!

It’s a jumper ...bought at the horses out of training sale ...the trainer didn’t even bother going to the races...it’ll get lapped in everything it runs in in Australia 

Trainer trusted his daughter to sort it all out on course .

Very good profit turned for a Shadwell cast off at 50k . Some really top class horses come out the big HIT sale drafts as you know .He would run on well off a fast run Cup , he wont be stopping , handled the quick going OK.  Not overkeen on him but will be a fair few behind him in both CC and MC imo.

10 hours ago, CT"s said:

I think the 3 year olds are an exciting group of sprinter-milers and the Golden Rose is shaping up as an absolute beauty with horses like Bivouac, Exceedance & Microphone entered.

Might have to go up to Sydney for that one. 

Spanish Point was in at Sandown Wednesday but been pulled out  ,iam keeping eye out for him next race   ran decent race off lay off on OZ debut  . Howley got two others in race . Anyway Ozzie no doubt bit down after the pom/kiwi all star team did them last night , I noticed an entrant in race with cricket connection . "The Gatting  Ball " by Hard Spun . Well named .

11 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I thought we agreed the ideal UK horse for the MC was one who’d run in the classic trials but hasn’t quite been up to the required standards to win or place in a classic, and so beat the handicapper off a 112-115 mark......can’t see that Ebor winner meeting any of that criteria....he’s a jumper, send him to Cheltenham 

Personally don't see him winning , but top 10 could see that .

Iam sure any jumping yard would be happy to have him though.  Bit more to play out up north before cut off . Ebor is proven race to throw in the mix.

1 minute ago, Red Rum said:

Personally don't see him winning , but top 10 could see that .

Iam sure any jumping yard would be happy to have him though.  Bit more to play out up north before cut off . Ebor is proven race to throw in the mix.

Have you  taken the 80/1 available ante post on Raymondo?

47 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Have you  taken the 80/1 available ante post on Raymondo?

Not at this stage , reason being to my recollection Hannon or his father never travelled  horse out here although attack Breeders Cup a bit, Lester Piggott had a huge  crash on Mr Brooks  one of Richard Hannon seniors one year at BC . Haven't seen any reports saying it's in the plans . But at 80s might have a few bucks on for interest  as syndicate owners sell for right price . Ventura Storm was an example as one of theirs they moved on .

That Mums Tipple horse out of  Hannons yard looked good last week, only the sales race but Moore seemed to not realise how far ahead he was hence few unnecessary cracks and a ban . 

14 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I thought we agreed the ideal UK horse for the MC was one who’d run in the classic trials but hasn’t quite been up to the required standards to win or place in a classic, and so beat the handicapper off a 112-115 mark......can’t see that Ebor winner meeting any of that criteria....he’s a jumper, send him to Cheltenham 

He won a race at Naas last year by 6.5 lengths and had a Timeform rating then of 116+. Admittedly form has been patchy since then but after the win in The Ebor he now has a rating of 114.

Australian Bloodstock are pretty shrewd operators. They were involved in Protectionist who won the MC in 2014. They have won Group Ones with Brave Smash and Tosen Stardom, and have Danceteria and Shraaoh with Waller.

36 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Not really into translating Naas form to the Melbourne Cup myself.....

As for the Ebor....I’m still unconvinced that it’s a MC quality form race...and as for the winner and his rating, always deduct 10-15 points from UK ratings to account for their bizarre superiority complex, he’s a jumper, nothing more, he was useless as a youngster, cast aside by Shadwell at the HIT sale because he was no good, sold on to gullible Aussies because they’ll buy anything with a pulse out of the UK....and I might add he beat SFA in The Ebor....not sure why you think Australian Bloodstock sprinters etc..somehow validate this acquisition but do explain if you wish.

Not suggesting he can win either, but as I say Aus Bloodstock have a good record with their imports, both sprinters and stayers so have some credibility there and clearly know type what is required.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Not really into translating Naas form to the Melbourne Cup myself.....

As for the Ebor....I’m still unconvinced that it’s a MC quality form race...and as for the winner and his rating, always deduct 10-15 points from UK ratings to account for their bizarre superiority complex, he’s a jumper, nothing more, he was useless as a youngster, cast aside by Shadwell at the HIT sale because he was no good, sold on to gullible Aussies because they’ll buy anything with a pulse out of the UK....and I might add he beat SFA in The Ebor....not sure why you think Australian Bloodstock sprinters etc..somehow validate this acquisition but do explain if you wish.

Aust bloodstock pick up some good horses from lower level   than Mustajeer and get big results .Shraaoh from predominantly jumps yard , in fact a top young jumps trainer with very few on flat  , Big Duke raced at Wetherby a big jumps track recent addition back to flat racing but off top tier racing on level. Both not near Mustajeer class in UK. Both have done the biz in OZ. They must have very good talent scouts imho  .Sprinters and stayers . 

SFA behind  him ,well   a few ex Cup placegetters behind him, Max Dynamite and Prince of Aaron .

I think they might have done their dough on Torcedor though. 

AUS bloodstock got Our Candidate  for 80k guineas at HIT last October . Penultimate outing in UK in average Leicester race .was well beaten into 6th as second fav, left UK on 78. Winner of that race was given a stone by Red Galileo and left 20 lengths behind him at Newmarket in June . Our Candidate has raced a handful times in OZ , 3 wins , placings and over 160k in prizemoney with more to come  no doubt , only young horse .

That's good talent identification or good connections or both . 

12 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’m up for a bet ... not money...just humiliation of some description ....I’ll be there for the Cup so happy to wager something outrageous if he wins ( God forbid, because it’ll be the worst edition of the Cup since Regan Josh if he does ).

Any takers ?   

I'd keep it simple just for interests sake ,   if Mustajeer gets to post and don't finish in top half field I'd be happy to rattle my tin and bung fifty bucks into an account for you to bung on horse on Emirates Day , any collect to a racing welfare charity . 

9 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Half the field !!! You know he’ll get the trip so that’s a dud bet for me 

Let’s make it first 6 and I’ll match your fifty 

I’m there for the last day too if you’re going along 

Top 10 , my best offer , said before iam not overkeen on him winning but think off decent pace he will run on well with chunk of horses behind , happy to put up the 50 to nothing in return just for   interest  as I rate Ebor , it gets lapped and with decent punt from you on Emirates Day some good will come of it .

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

I’m up for a bet ... not money...just humiliation of some description ....I’ll be there for the Cup so happy to wager something outrageous if he wins ( God forbid, because it’ll be the worst edition of the Cup since Regan Josh if he does ).

Any takers ?   

By way,  agree about that  Rogan Josh Cup, Central Park came out as Kayf Tara's lead horse , stepped  in as  sub when Kayf Tara got injured and Frankie got him to within  half length of winner giving away over a stone .

One thing is most likely and that is an “Import” will most likely win. With 8 of the last 10 Melb Cups won by Euro/Uk bred horses and 1 each to NZ and Aust, it will be interesting to see if a kiwi or Aussie bred comes to the fore. 

On 8/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, Trump said:

One thing is most likely and that is an “Import” will most likely win. With 8 of the last 10 Melb Cups won by Euro/Uk bred horses and 1 each to NZ and Aust, it will be interesting to see if a kiwi or Aussie bred comes to the fore. 

Only NZ trained BLUE BREEZE (NZ) / GLORY DAYS (NZ) at this stage? Maybe THE GOOD FIGHT (NZ) & THE CHOSEN ONE (NZ) are lightweight longshots ? Others....

VERRY ELLEEGANT (NZ)
SURPRISE BABY (NZ)
SIR CHARLES ROAD (AUS)
HUMIDOR (NZ)
PATRICK ERIN (NZ)
VERNANME (NZ)

Could Te Akau Shark run out a strong 3200m (in time)?

ZACADA (NZ)  5000-1 :rcf-monkey:

7 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Only NZ trained BLUE BREEZE (NZ) / GLORY DAYS (NZ) at this stage? Maybe THE GOOD FIGHT (NZ) & THE CHOSEN ONE (NZ) are lightweight longshots ? Others....

VERRY ELLEEGANT (NZ)
SURPRISE BABY (NZ)
SIR CHARLES ROAD (AUS)
HUMIDOR (NZ)
PATRICK ERIN (NZ)
VERNANME (NZ)

Could Te Akau Shark run out a strong 3200m (in time)?

ZACADA (NZ)  5000-1 :rcf-monkey:

Only one out that list I could have as a half  sneak is Surprise Baby , got upside but chances compromised as will have to race hard in lead up to get in somehow . That nose second in Andrew Ramsden costly then in cash and now in planning .

Best two horses mentioned VE and TAS imho would be on oxygen at the clock tower . 

For those planning on punting Rosehill tomorrow, a friendly word of advice, tread carefully. Track will be an absolute bog and subsequent slog for the horses. 

Dismal weather in Sydney today. :ph34r: