RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

The only horse you need this Saturday.....

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

Sit and steer job there from J Mac in the first at Canterbury. B)

Gallen is going to make an absolute mess of Hall tonight. What was he thinking? :o

F9663032-6EA8-45B8-959A-CE20AF4A1DCF.jpeg

All-up affair to remember CT :rcfe-like:

On 10/5/2019 at 11:41 AM, poundforpound said:
14 hours ago, CT"s said:

Sit and steer job there from J Mac in the first at Canterbury. B)

Gallen is going to make an absolute mess of Hall tonight. What was he thinking? :o

F9663032-6EA8-45B8-959A-CE20AF4A1DCF.jpeg

Trust the master ... this is the day of the tangerine dream 

$1.26!!!...you must be fooking kidding.The other 2 tickets showing...wallpaper?

Presume the weight of 53kg is why Matt Cameron riding Felaar today rather than Leith Innes ? ( who only has 2 rides all day ?! )

That 5kg drop from last week will be a big help, although the main dangers Dee and Gee ( -5kg) and Duplicity ( -3.5kg) are also better off.

Best of luck to the camp.

9 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Presume the weight of 53kg is why Matt Cameron riding Felaar today rather than Leith Innes ? ( who only has 2 rides all day ?! )

That 5kg drop from last week will be a big help, although the main dangers Dee and Gee ( -5kg) and Duplicity ( -3.5kg) are also better off.

Best of luck to the camp.

I thought the run last week had the look of''next start''' written all over it.

26 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

not suggesting it wasn't trying...last start I hope.:rcf-shocked-6:

Certainly not.

Comments based on how it took a while to get going in the straight (race already over) and how it ran on when it did get going.More ground today so imo if it can get motivated a smidgen earlier it will be home and hosed.Obviously others will be trying the same tactics.

6 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Hall was probably a bit unlucky in that fight with Gallen last night. If there is a rematch I'd be on Big Bad Bazza for sure 

Hall boxed a lot better than I expected. I think the shorter 2 min rounds definitely helped him. Would like to see how he goes with 3 min rounds in the rematch. 

Bookies the winners on the day with another dubious draw. :wacko:

16 hours ago, CT"s said:

Not sure about ATR Gruffy. Perhaps wait til the last with Setting Sail. Good luck ;)

so how did you go on the punt over the carnival C.T?Some of your favs were very disappointing.

Mystic Journey found out at the top level and Libertini just a tad inferior to the  colts.

Anyone from the Felaar Fan Club (probaly about to go into recess) prepared to admit that this horse can now be officially re-rated as an Over-Hyped Donkey. Or will we be hearing more excuses for anpther underwhelming two-mile performance??

All credit to the winner, extremely brave and tenacious stayer.

Just now, Blue said:

Plus old Kaharau getting a major share too. Is it that he just never gives up or is it an indication of the quality of our stayers today? No disrespect but I suspect the latter.

It was a poor Cup field and the smallest I can remember, but I could easily be wrong there. But at the same time a very deserving winner, The first Cup winner I can recall from Timaru - pity that centre is to be closed down. It is just a sign that we have no established or up and coming stayers in the country. I don't think a very wet Spring helped the preparation of many potential contenders either. Also the southern candidates get very harshly weighted for winning $12,000 open races at Gore.

Seem to recall he was hyped quite a lot after placing in the NZ Cup last Spring and winning the HB Cup in April; went to Victoria where he was disappointing despite a placing at Caulfield. Still, the horse is lightly raced and relatively young, so mebbe he will harden up with age - and race more like a Dee and Gee or Kaharau! somehow I think that's unlikely - perhaps he's just got a weak attitude, and perhaps he's just not at his best over the extreme trip...2000-2400m more his go?

18 hours ago, CT"s said:

Hall boxed a lot better than I expected. I think the shorter 2 min rounds definitely helped him. Would like to see how he goes with 3 min rounds in the rematch. 

Bookies the winners on the day with another dubious draw. :wacko:

Hall is a boxer and Gallen is a slugger. Hall must have done a mountain of work to get himself fit. 

Next time he will be as fit as a buck rat. And Gallon will have slowed up. 

Should be a good show. 

1 hour ago, Memphis2 said:

Hall is a boxer and Gallen is a slugger. Hall must have done a mountain of work to get himself fit. 

Next time he will be as fit as a buck rat. And Gallon will have slowed up. 

Should be a good show. 

They would both be well served not getting dragged into a fight with Lucas Browne assuming Browne recovered from the beating Whyte served up to him and is not still registering 10 on the discombulation scale . Fit and very hard men with gloves on in boxing terms , no more no less. 

3 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

It was a poor Cup field and the smallest I can remember, but I could easily be wrong there. But at the same time a very deserving winner, The first Cup winner I can recall from Timaru - pity that centre is to be closed down. It is just a sign that we have no established or up and coming stayers in the country. I don't think a very wet Spring helped the preparation of many potential contenders either. Also the southern candidates get very harshly weighted for winning $12,000 open races at Gore.

Great to see Terrill Charles and Peter Corbett win the big prize after all the health issues they have both had. Given 4 months to live over 4 years ago, Terrill has refused to give up and kept on going so a more deserving winner you would not find. Bravo both.....:rcf-happy-7:

IMG_4218.JPG

5 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Remember in 1965......Fieldmaster  ,trained at Washdyke by BT Jones .Jockey Noel Eastwood.

Other Washdyke trainers around that time from memory.......MR Jones ,EP Corboy , J Daly

5 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Remember in 1965......Fieldmaster  ,trained at Washdyke by BT Jones .Jockey Noel Eastwood.

Other Washdyke trainers around that time from memory.......MR Jones ,EP Corboy , J Daly

Yes Barry Jones Leo's old boss!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/2679442/All-in-the-family-for-Barry-Jones