RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

The only horse you need this Saturday.....

8 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

To be clear,I did not have a bet on Sargents horse.(4th)My point was the poor value for  Mandela(5th),and your irrational over exuberance 'potential superstar'.

I actually  had a multi all up with the 2nd horse to PLACE.

You’ve missed the point. 

My point is you stated your opinion BEFORE the race. Regardless of the result I’ll always respect that rather than potting people’s selections like weasel57 has in this thread.

9 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Sylvia's Mother Race 7 Flemington

Is a much better winning hope.

I had $1,000 to win on her fresh up when she ran 5th after missing the jump and getting too far back. Today I was heading to the bookies out back to bet on her again but was distracted on the way and ended up backing the unbeaten Battle Storm in Perth instead. Alas Sylvia’s Mother bolts in and the red hot Pike runner finished unplaced. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, CT"s said:

You’ve missed the point. 

My point is you stated your opinion BEFORE the race. Regardless of the result I’ll always respect that rather than potting people’s selections like weasel57 has in this thread.

so allowing for any mitigating circumstances re Mandela in that race,do you still regard him as potentially a 'superstar'?

Killavalley was another false fav...won on the synthetic and paying 2.50 against that bunch of seasoned campaigners.

You can find them alright.

An interesting race to watch again, is R8 at Taranaki won by Hard to be Humble. The jockey was really pushing it along in the straight the first time around, at the back of the field. It looked like she might have pull it up at one stage, it was going so poorly but in the end it comes through on the inside in the home straight and wins quite well

https://loveracing.nz/RaceInfo/47442/8/Race-Detail.aspx

1 hour ago, flockofewes2 said:

so allowing for any mitigating circumstances re Mandela in that race,do you still regard him as potentially a 'superstar'?

Killavalley was another false fav...won on the synthetic and paying 2.50 against that bunch of seasoned campaigners.

You can find them alright.

I think Mandela is a nice horse but after they bleed I never find they’re never the same. 

Killavally was always a risk as horses rarely convert synthetic form to turf but I backed him on type from the parade ring.

No mention of Lord Belvedere flock? You’re a hard marker. I made a tidy $760 profit off him. ;)

How did you go on the punt yesterday? I ended up down $1600 overall.

Looking forward to Sydney this week. B)

29 minutes ago, Breeder said:

An interesting race to watch again, is R8 at Taranaki won by Hard to be Humble. The jockey was really pushing it along in the straight the first time around, at the back of the field. It looked like she might have pull it up at one stage, it was going so poorly but in the end it comes through on the inside in the home straight and wins quite well

Was under the kane 100m after they jumped. Amazing run. Would’ve been 200/1 in the run on Betfair.

15 hours ago, CT"s said:

You’ve missed the point. 

Did I 'pot' his selection?  Simply didn't agree with CT's choice and analysis  and supreme confidence in an immature 2yo ...said so before the race, explained my reasons ...and was vindicated ... Mandela should never have been odds-on and was always a poor value bet in my opinion. . 

23 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Bled in the float on the way home.....no suggestion it occurred during the race ( not that I heard when it was reported anyway )

Hey "insert name here" - show me the evidence of Mandela bleeding? I try not to engage with people who know nothing about Australian racing.

2 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Did I 'pot' his selection?  Simply didn't agree with CT's choice and analysis  and supreme confidence in an immature 2yo ...said so before the race, explained my reasons ...and was vindicated ... Mandela should never have been odds-on and was always a poor value bet in my opinion. . 

You’ve missed the point weasel.

Anyone can play it safe and say a horse is going to lose. In a 10 horse race 9 will lose (unless there’s a dead heat) and 1 will win. That means you have a 90% chance of being right. Flock had a crack and selected a horse in the race and I respect him for that. You didn’t. You played it safe. That’s the difference.

Glen also had a crack in his thread selecting 2 horses that both didn’t win but I respect him for taking a risk. 

If you had selected a horse to beat Mandela then maybe I would respect you more as instead of playing it safe and saying Mandela is not going to win you could’ve actually put your balls on the line but you didn’t. You chose to play it safe. Your choice but I’d much prefer to take a risk as I like participating in life rather than observing it. 

6 hours ago, CT"s said:

I think Mandela is a nice horse but after they bleed I never find they’re never the same. 

Killavally was always a risk as horses rarely convert synthetic form to turf but I backed him on type from the parade ring.

No mention of Lord Belvedere flock? You’re a hard marker. I made a tidy $760 profit off him. ;)

How did you go on the punt yesterday? I ended up down $1600 overall.

Looking forward to Sydney this week. B)

We got the wrong horse CT so apologies for that....wasn't Mandela that bled. Still pretty disappointing from all accounts.

2 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

We got the wrong horse CT so apologies for that....wasn't Mandela that bled. Still pretty disappointing from all accounts.

All good Dave. I finally saw the replay today. He definitely didn’t look comfortable in the straight. Will certainly be put away now for a spell to strengthen up you would think.

7 hours ago, Breeder said:

Kiwi Mk11. Not quite, but certainly an impressive winner that had to be ridden hard most of the distance just to keep the others in site. 

On 7/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, CT"s said:

There’s 2 types of people in life weasel57. People like me who take a risk labelling my thoughts prior to the race on the court. Then  there’s people like you who like taking pot shots before & after the race has been run at a person’s tip without selecting a horse themself. I know which one I’d rather be. 

At least flockofewes2 was prepared to label a horse before the race (which unfinished unplaced). Respect to him for that. You’d never do that, it’s much easier to just pot the selection of someone else rather than have a crack. 

And yes, it’s only $ weasel57. Plenty more where that came from. ;)

i'm sorry, didn't realise it was a requirement here that one has to 'label a horse yourself' in order to have a valid opinion. Fact is, CT, you got carried away labelling an over-rated 'superstar' that didn't meet your lofty expectations....and just for the record, here' a previous post of mine prior to post-time!

Posted May 15

Bet of the Day

Ruakaka 

R8 #4 Memories Only

Dropping back in grade to R72 after  3 recent runs in R82. Gets a 3kg claim from apprentice Goindasamy. Handy enough draw (5 of 12), prefers Good-Dead tracks (should be a Dead4, weather fine), and has been placed twice at Ruakaka. Just needs to settle as MO can be a fierce 'puller'. Two starts ago finished 2nd behind Marzemino at Ellerslie in a R82 - good form for this. 

FF $8.50 and $2.80 is great value in an ordinary field.

7 hours ago, weasel57 said:

i'm sorry, didn't realise it was a requirement here that one has to 'label a horse yourself' in order to have a valid opinion. Fact is, CT, you got carried away labelling an over-rated 'superstar' that didn't meet your lofty expectations....and just for the record, here' a previous post of mine prior to post-time!

Posted May 15

Bet of the Day

Ruakaka 

R8 #4 Memories Only

Dropping back in grade to R72 after  3 recent runs in R82. Gets a 3kg claim from apprentice Goindasamy. Handy enough draw (5 of 12), prefers Good-Dead tracks (should be a Dead4, weather fine), and has been placed twice at Ruakaka. Just needs to settle as MO can be a fierce 'puller'. Two starts ago finished 2nd behind Marzemino at Ellerslie in a R82 - good form for this. 

They only count Weasel if they are even money champions :ph34r:

8 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Posted May 15

Bet of the Day

Ruakaka 

R8 #4 Memories Only

Good example weasel.

Its good banter to have people tipping and giving their reasons for their tips.

I note you do not include the unnecessary chest beating...I'm putting X hundred/thousand on it...blah ,blah,blah.

Some insecure people want to be 'winners' so much ,they literally crave attention,selfies with 'winners' and grandstanding ,bignoting the order of the day.

Quite a sad disposition really.

2 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

Good example weasel.

Its good banter to have people tipping and giving their reasons for their tips.

I note you do not include the unnecessary chest beating...I'm putting X hundred/thousand on it...blah ,blah,blah.

Some insecure people want to be 'winners' so much ,they literally crave attention,selfies with 'winners' and grandstanding ,bignoting the order of the day.

Quite a sad disposition really.

Are you jealous you’re just not as popular as me flock?

Seems to be more than few people interested in my thoughts with 2000+ views including yourself so thanks for that.

Good to see you participating so consistently in my thread too.

Grandstanding would be using “I told you so weasel type behaviour” AFTER the event. You’ll never see me do that win lose or draw. :ph34r:

Can’t wait to lose this winter Melbourne weather! Sunny 18 degrees forecast for Thursday. B)

3 hours ago, CT"s said:

Are you jealous you’re just not as popular as me flock?

Seems to be more than few people interested in my thoughts with 2000+ views including yourself so thanks for that.

Good to see you participating so consistently in my thread too.

Grandstanding would be using “I told you so weasel type behaviour” AFTER the event. You’ll never see me do that win lose or draw. :ph34r:

Can’t wait to lose this winter Melbourne weather! Sunny 18 degrees forecast for Thursday. B)

Well Mr Popular, here are some more observations..'in a 10 horse race 9 will lose (unless there’s a dead heat) and 1 will win. That means you have a 90% chance of being right. '

When you select an evens chance ,assuming you do understand betting/odds this is clearly wrong.

You selected Mandela and Killavalley  before the race=both lost.You selected Lord Belvedere after the race=it won.

Wonder what kind of a judge you really are...Mandela a potential superstar...and selected LB and Killavalley on how they presented in the yard! :(

You must have a lot of money,is about all I can say.

6 minutes ago, Trump said:

IMHO, Killavalley was the « Lay of the day », simply because his easy win first start was on the synthetic. I’m sure he’ll win more but in that field on Sat, he was huge “unders”. 

I knew he was always going to be a risk Ernie as horses rarely convert synthetic form to turf (only 1 in 13 now this year) but after seeing him parade (he’s a big brute) and I’d just won $760 off Lord Belvedere I thought he was worth a shot. 

What I should’ve done was stuck to my original plan and bet the winnings of Lord Belvedere on Sylvia’s Mother. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, just ask weasel. :P

55 minutes ago, CT"s said:

I knew he was always going to be a risk Ernie as horses rarely convert synthetic form to turf (only 1 in 13 now this year) but after seeing him parade (he’s a big brute) and I’d just won $760 off Lord Belvedere I thought he was worth a shot. 

What I should’ve done was stuck to my original plan and bet the winnings of Lord Belvedere on Sylvia’s Mother. 

Well now you know Mandela did not bleed you can line up again!

As it was  the 'only horse you need this Saturday' you wacked $600 on it.

Putting $500 on Killavalley after seeing him parade (a big brute)is a pretty good guide to your form analysis ability.Original plans...do me a..favour!

On 7/21/2019 at 10:13 AM, Breeder said:

Looked 100-1 down the back

On 7/22/2019 at 8:02 PM, CT"s said:

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, or as my mate likes to say, "From behind, it is easy to look a cow in the arse",

And I hope you have learned, CT, not to get too carried away with 'potential superstar' two-year-olds, and keep your hard-earned for good value risk/reward opportunities.

Methinks you are the type who gets easily carried away by one good performance, or the recommendation from a friend/insider that so-and-so is 'unbeatable'/champion bla bla bla...and you just have to tell us all about it so you can bask in the glory of your own tipping brilliance. And when things don't work out for you, you attack/denigrate other posters in whatever way suits you at the time...(eg 'hindsight is a wonderful thing, just ask weasel).

Here's a FREE TIP from me, mate. Next time you want to recommend a nag to us here, just tone down the language. Replace, eg,  'the  only horse you need this saturday" with something like:

"My best bet / value bet of the day for Saturday is"...and tell us why you rate it.. !  Try to stay humble, even though you find it hard ...