RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nelli

TAB account

My husband has got so annoyed with TAB he's withdrawn most of his money from his account and will stick to betting at the track from now on. Our Skype camera on our pc wasn't ok for pictures and he could find no way to load image files. This am he went to the local pub TAB outlet but though they could let him withdraw his funds with his drivers licence as id, they didn't have the means validate his account. He understands the TAB wants to have everyone with photo ID but thinks it shouldn't be so hard to do. My offer to do it on my phone went down like a lead balloon - he thinks this is typical "Wellington think" and they are just disinfranchising the older punter.

No local races till  next season - the TAB has lost an online punter. Mind you, he' s lost a lot of enthusism for betting with the horses going, when he was a regular a couple of years ago. He says anything that looks exciting gets sold or saved for the group races next season.

I also had a ring from TAB last Friday about 6pm. Wanted to know if i had email from TAB in recent days,regarding the new system from August 1st.

Said i had one several weeks ago, and went to the TAB to fill in form and was waiting for a reply. "Oh it will take around 9-10 days" (like govt depts).

Then i asked her, was she from TAB or a call centre,and she said call centre, working on behalf of them.

Next she asked to confirm my details of profile that they had of me and was there any changes .

Then she said we have not got your email address, I said WHAT,  how then am I getting the junk mail on FRI/SAT from the so called  Tipsters and the free bets.

Oh sorry cannot answer that.So in the end, told her to get TAB to do there homework first, before giving you these tasks to do

Was not having a go at her,but she agreed with me the way it has been handled....:rcfe-clown:

Yep got the same call. I had previously tried to validate my account using my iPhone which the tab app said they couldnt access my phones camera. Which is rubbish as the settings allow access. I told the woman this on the phone and she said it was a problem and try the website. I did this and get a blank screen when you go to validate. Ok use my wife’s Samsung and go through the rigmarole with the holding up the note and date and submit. Next day get  an email saying validation was unsuccessful. Think I’ll forget about the tab