RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Parliamentary Handicap

Tomorrow the time honoured Parliamentary Handicap is to be run at Trentham for a stake of $40,000. Ten years ago in 2009 the stake was $45,000. It was won by the aptly named Strapped For Cash. The wheel is still turning but the hamster is dead.

4 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Tomorrow the time honoured Parliamentary Handicap is to be run at Trentham for a stake of $40,000. Ten years ago in 2009 the stake was $45,000. It was won by the aptly named Strapped For Cash. The wheel is still turning but the hamster is dead.

And look at who it’s attracted:rcf-sad-13: Where’s the project ?

10 hours ago, gubellini said:

Gubes - have a look at the stake 31 years ago = 1988

WD and vS yes the 1988 Parliamentary stake was $50,000. Laceration and Kim Clapperton and trainer Wendy Lewin won it again the next year. The stake was $40,000 the same stake as today’s! Laceration won by 5.5 lengths from Mr Spock. What planet are our administrators on today? Hopefully RITA will bring them back down to earth!

4 minutes ago, gubellini said:

WD and vS yes the 1988 Parliamentary stake was $50,000. Laceration and Kim Clapperton and trainer Wendy Lewin won it again the next year. The stake was $40,000 the same stake as today’s! Laceration won by 5.5 lengths from Mr Spock. What planet are our administrators on today? Hopefully RITA will bring them back down to earth!

Anyone know the following 1) Price of gas in 1988 and 2) ballpark training fees per month in 1988. That would be truly scary the difference . Anyone riding out the storm in NZ  at moment truly does deserve every reward when/if  the industry does bounce back 

Yes once upon a time there was. All changed and how the hell Owners make money us beyond me

Tony Pike must be thinking seriously thinking about relocating after the last 8 weeks, and once a leading trainer goes the outflow will be massive

25 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Yes once upon a time there was. All changed and how the hell Owners make money us beyond me

Tony Pike must be thinking seriously thinking about relocating after the last 8 weeks, and once a leading trainer goes the outflow will be massive

Busuttin / Young yard got a nice little 20 minute across card double yesterday too, about 135k Aussie in win stakes for mid winter not too bad.

I am quite surprised that the likes of Pike, Marsh etc haven’t made the move. It can get to be too late if you don’t do it at a young stage. Paul Shailer is doing great running Waller’s Qld Stable. Bussutin/Young are in a good spot building their credentials, Bjorn Baker is now well established. Mike Maroney, John Sargent are two others - albeit a little older. The tick is ticking on Marsh, Pike and co. Winning $1m in stakes in NZ won’t make them much with 10% cut. I would set up in one of the rural training precincts if there are boxes available. In NSW or Victoria. Ballarat, Cranbourne, Pakenham etc or in NSW country. Availability may be a problem. A Syndicate I am in, we won a maiden at Ipswich on Friday at our 3rd start, first up from a spell after she finished 5th at her first two starts. We got $11,600 prizemoney, plus we get a QTIS bonus of $8000, making a total of $19600. Not bad for a Friday meeting and the way she won there’s more to come! ( I should have been a poet :) ). My point is, you can leave the move too late and miss the bus. Call it timing - just ask Chris Waller! Thanks to Winx, his 10% is about $4m and counting this season! 

Certainly can't be easy to make a living training in nz, and many must be tempted to make the shift, having an interest in a horse more a passion for me, whether winning a 10k maiden or a 35k open handicap, I didn't go into it make a dollar, so any win along the way is a bonus, but the thrill of having one at the races a buzz for me.

We all know how bad stakes are in NZ , they have been poor for many many years so nothing new there , owners and trainers know what to expect but we still have plenty of horses going around .

I see Rachael Frost picked up a $136,000 race at Caulfield yesterday , the winners cut must be around $75K , well done .

We all have choices , life is self inflicted .

On 7/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, gubellini said:

It actually dropped to 25 k 4/5 years ago !