RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eclipsed

Taroona Bromac

Impressive handling by the trainer.

Turns it out when still green after a 2nd and win on grass tracks and returns to race at the Met.

Home and winning with a last quarter of 26.6 last week after going up to sit parked, and jogged it tonight in a 1.55 mile rate  - it’s winter?

You’d think the phones would be ringing......

Gone and well sold.

Currently, in Hong Kong and Singapore you race a thoroughbred and one win a year will pay your way.In NZ a good young one will be sold to either of these markets for money you’d never win here in a fit.

In the standardbred market the numbers are way lower however the comparisons are not dissimilar. A six figure offer when weighed up for stakes vs expenses over, say, two or three seasons of racing in the top grade in NZ says “take the money.”

There was a rule of thumb that said 2 or 3 wins here would pay your way for a year. It’s been many a year since that held true and as a result, when offered a decent offer, it becomes a no brainer as regards the choice you’d make.

Sadly It’s hard to see this scenario changing for the foreseeable future.....  

A Bettor Act has also been sold . Price was right up there  for a horse who would begin to struggle here off a 73 rating in summer months. You are not far off the big boys when you get in the 70s these days in NZ

Greg

Now hearing that a few of the USA sales are off. Reason for one in particular is not a good look if true but i  need the matter to be confirmed by owner or trainer before i say anything else. Anyone else hearing anything re failed sales etc

Greg

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, Eclipsed said:

Gone and well sold.

Currently, in Hong Kong and Singapore you race a thoroughbred and one win a year will pay your way.In NZ a good young one will be sold to either of these markets for money you’d never win here in a fit.

In the standardbred market the numbers are way lower however the comparisons are not dissimilar. A six figure offer when weighed up for stakes vs expenses over, say, two or three seasons of racing in the top grade in NZ says “take the money.”

There was a rule of thumb that said 2 or 3 wins here would pay your way for a year. It’s been many a year since that held true and as a result, when offered a decent offer, it becomes a no brainer as regards the choice you’d make.

Sadly It’s hard to see this scenario changing for the foreseeable future.....  

Yes I entirely agree, and until this is considerably reduced we are going to continue with masses of poorly performed race fields which are adding to the decline in turnover. A lot of fields you may as well back a number unless you have stable knowledge.

21 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Now hearing that a few of the USA sales are off. Reason for one in particular is not a good look if true but i  need the matter to be confirmed by owner or trainer before i say anything else. Anyone else hearing anything re failed sales etc

Greg

Nope - but waiting with interest