RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Macpac Whip

Not sure why the jockey thought the need to crack Macpac in the last today four big cracks  in about 6 strides on the bend  when tailed off .  Not much effort in the push along department but ton of effort in the crack the whip hard stakes giving horse no chance to respond .Maybe it's a good job some of these jocks are riding for peanuts I dread to think what the attitude would be for big bucks .

Watching the one race Rummy I would concur, watch a few of their previous runs together it all makes sense. She probably waited a little long with those cracks, the horse switched on and arguably would of been in the money otherwise . If Terry the Tenderiser was on that’s another matter :rcfe-cool-3:

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Watching the one race Rummy I would concur, watch a few of their previous runs together it all makes sense. She probably waited a little long with those cracks, the horse switched on and arguably would of been in the money otherwise . If Terry the Tenderiser was on that’s another matter :rcfe-cool-3:

Horse plodded on, was very poor race  . I see where you coming from Gruff  the horse needed a rev up however she sat at rear doing FA , no effort in the drive then went bang bang bang bang on the bend without giving it any chance to respond , its not Winx its never making that ground up in straight. Maybe bang drive it out gets same response, or bang drive it out a bit bang drive it out a bit .  Looked very  lazy to me . 

Agree, but if you watch the race a few back she sat there like a sack of spuds and the horse went from last to first in 200m , went to early but under the horses own steam ? Looks a tricky horse but one who will win one soon? JMHO :rcf-monkey-2:

Tania often reads races badly ,seems to be doing it on her own.She is also a very competent jockey and often rides very well. I think she should be seeking more guidance and training ,specially in using the whip and understanding what 's required of her.She needs a mentor but there seems to be in the south throw these jockeys on and see how you go.

2 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

She's a special case and doesn't listen.

That didn't come across very well....Tanya has ridden a winner for me, and I have always wished her well...but she has had difficulty settling in to the regime of a 'training' stable environment.

Her last place of employment gave her every opportunity,  put her on the stable's best,  but she struggled with the discipline required and left.  This 'situation' that was engineered to allow her to remain in the industry  [ otherwise,  she was going to be lost,  a stipe told me ]  has certainly worked well for her but she is lacking quality tuition and is strong-minded enough to be a challenge in that respect.

Fascinating insight. I'm sure most of us have no real idea how such things work. She has certainly improved out of sight in her riding style, used to look awful. She gets her share of winners so must be learning something.  She is very good on front runners so must be a reasonable judge of pace. Of course some of her better wins have come on horses coming from the tail of the field. Hopefully she opens herself up to good advice and improves her style and success rate even more.

I'm sure the jockey mentor will take her under their wing, or are they just there for a day's outing..I thought she was very average to say the least early on, but must  say how I think she is one of the most improved riders in the south, takes a good photo to.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

There is always experts...some never ridden in a are themselves ..many like to criticise rather than offer advice...everyone needs to learn she seems to be doing that so good on her....hope she keeps silencing the knockers.

Only been in the saddle a few times, albeit a very long time ago, did get asked an odd question once went like this, if your uncle Jack helped you get on a horse, would you help your uncle Jack off a horse.Sounded abit dodgy to me.

2 minutes ago, Shad said:

Only been in the saddle a few times, albeit a very long time ago, did get asked an odd question once went like this, if your uncle Jack helped you get on a horse, would you help your uncle Jack off a horse.Sounded abit dodgy to me.

People just need to give the girl a break she is learning...everyone needs to do that...right??

I agree, I actually like her as a rider, and have been impressed with her improvement, and if she can ride a winner for you, she's the best around, and as I said before she takes a great photo with a winner, with that beaming smile, good on her, I hope she keeps kicking them home.