RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Guptill

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I would not have picked Boult to bowl that golden over. He was not bowling well on the day.

Nor would I have picked Guptill to bat in the golden over. He was well out of form as a batsman .

It certainly wasn't Guptill's day. Wasted a challenge that would have saved Taylor. It was his throw that hit the bat ricocheting to the boundary and couldn't score two runs off the final ball.   

Nice one Harry!  You sound like the guy who tells us about the winners he tipped after they've raced and won - oh wait .....

and as for the throw that hit the bat and ricocheted to the boundary - WTF? - are you saying he should have anticipated that and thrown it differently?  Muppet!

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

I had England winning by a street. You want to pick at Guptill your crazy, fantastic effort by the team and one that we should all be proud of :rcf-in-love:

I don’t think anyone is decrying the Teams effort or achievement. What the comments have been about are the choices made by the Team for the Golden Over. England chose the best two batsmen of their innings and also their in form, economical bowler. NZ chose the opposite. It proved the difference.

Yes hard to hit a randomly moving bat at high speed from 30 metres. Poor ol Guppy unlucky to nail it. And at the perfect angle to send it to the boundary. Unbelievable bad luck. 

I wonder if poor old Smithy has pinked himself off the floor yet 

1 minute ago, Trump said:

I don’t think anyone is decrying the Teams effort or achievement. What the comments have been about are the choices made by the Team for the Golden Over. England chose the best two batsmen of their innings and also their in form, economical bowler. NZ chose the opposite. It proved the difference.

There was no difference however

it was decided by boundaries. 

29 minutes ago, Trump said:

What a failure at the World Cup. Reputation is worth zilch if you’re over the top or out of form and Guptill has been woeful for the entire World Cup! Poor Management imho by picking him on “Hope”! 

A team is just that , how many times have we seen a ‘Key’player go off or not even perform only to lift others within the side supposedly against the odds? Knowing you have a legend of the game amongst your ranks can be enough to lift others around them . Lighten up, everyone has something positive to offer :rcfe-money:

44 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

Nice one Harry!  You sound like the guy who tells us about the winners he tipped after they've raced and won - oh wait .....

and as for the throw that hit the bat and ricocheted to the boundary - WTF? - are you saying he should have anticipated that and thrown it differently?  Muppet!

You make a fair point Kloppy but then lose it at the end, sharpen up:rcfe-money:

1 hour ago, Kloppite said:

You continue to be a complete dickhead Kloppite yet again.  :rcf-tongue-1:  I said it wasn't his day. I didn't apportion blame to him. Things go right and things go wrong and it was a fluke situation the ball coming off the bat to hit the boundary, so it wasn't his day.  However his form in my opinion meant that I would never had put in him in as a player in that golden over.

Please read this again SLOWLY so you can take it in.  :rolleyes:

On 7/15/2019 at 5:53 PM, Memphis2 said:

Spot on Gaz I doubt there was any hesitation picking Boult. You can't begin to imagine the pressure these guys were under. I doubt I would be able to get it on the pitch. Be a bit like John Howard's famous attempt at bowling. Nearly hit him on the foot .

On the count back why didn't they go to 6s scored first instead of 4s. No one probably ever thought it would get that far. Unbelievable game regardless of the result. Proud of our boys. 

PS. The Sharks form is a concern !!

Any factor to give a result is quite arbitrary. Why not wickets taken or maiden overs,  as they are all equally relevant or equally irrelevant. Soccer's 'away goals' rule would suit us.

Headlining on MSN today'

Laura McGoldrick pays tribute to her Black Caps husband Martin Guptill

Thanking him for role modelling hard work and discipline to their young daughter.

Why is that neccessary.No body that i know of has ever questioned his ability as a father.

Is she feeling insecure or something?

On 7/17/2019 at 6:19 PM, crustyngrizzly said:

Headlining on MSN today'

Laura McGoldrick pays tribute to her Black Caps husband Martin Guptill

Thanking him for role modelling hard work and discipline to their young daughter.

Why is that neccessary.No body that i know of has ever questioned his ability as a father.

Is she feeling insecure or something?

He’s no good first thing in the Morning Crust , Laura gets the Breaky in bed and shifts the covers :rcf-rich-1: