RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nelli

TAB and virtual races

What do Racecafe patrons think about the TAB introducing virtual racing next year?  I thought 4 horse gallops races from USA was cheap chaff for betting addicts but this seems bottom of the bin. Yes it is easy money for the TAB, but also sets it up as a justified target for the antigambling lobby. I would rather see the TAB aiming at quality coverage and increasing turnover on NZ races, which clearly supports local industry, than 100s of virtual races 

6 hours ago, chelseacol said:

last year in England I went into a few betting shops - amazing how many people in the shops are betting on electronic roulette and virtual racing....... 

One must assume that they have researched this and results show its profitable.

My observation of the  'reality'races in Victoria TAB's is that they are rarely used.

I certainly don't agree with them .Surely we have enough races on now and I assume TAB retail shop visitors are on decline....plus so many have closed in recent years !

The virtual racing shown in TAB's (called Trackside) in Victoria is quite popular. God knows why. But 5 years ago it equated to about 5 percent of sales within the TAB and equated to about $5 million (for the year) in turnover between Victoria and New South Wales combined.