RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Who would have thought it...

We’re Doomed yes that was in 1992. Conan was beaten a nose by Gregory Lane in the Whyte Handicap on the first day. A week later he won the Parliamentary carrying the clear top weight of 57kg. Greg Caird rode him. Fiery Type and Brent Phillips second and Lord Zirito and Noel Harris third.

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

We’re Doomed yes that was in 1992. Conan was beaten a nose by Gregory Lane in the Whyte Handicap on the first day. A week later he won the Parliamentary carrying the clear top weight of 57kg. Greg Caird rode him. Fiery Type and Brent Phillips second and Lord Zirito and Noel Harris third.

Interesting type Fiery Type, I think he won a Parliamentary as well, and used to mix flat racing and jumping, something I really like, but hardly happens anymore. Lord Zirito could jump a bit as well of course.

Wellington in July ,plus a horse who went on to jump well ,and a neighbour of Eddie Low and his big family.......KUMAI .

Another big family on other side of town the Hansens.......Steve Hansen.

Then another grey from the town ,won a lesser race then went on to snare the Melbourne Cup......Baghdad Note

I just had a quick look at a list of previous winners. I honestly can't remember a single winner from the last 20 years, but can remember several from the 20 years prior to that. Admiral Blair; didn't he love the mud. Laceration won two, Gaimoss, Greek Meer, Tawhiti Road. Didn't it used to be a great race. Incidentally; it has been abandoned four times in the last 15 years, never abandoned before that.