THIS WEEK'S COMP TATTS TIARA DAY THANKS TO PONDEROSA STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS
Charlie Bukowski

Is this site shut down ?

Recommended Posts

Just a sign the dwindling numbers in the game, heading for supermarket type kennls who are slowy pushing out the little guy and passing on dogs getting close to their use by date to other trainers to try to scrap a living together with these type of dogs dont how they do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bus stop said:

Just a sign the dwindling numbers in the game, heading for supermarket type kennls who are slowy pushing out the little guy and passing on dogs getting close to their use by date to other trainers to try to scrap a living together with these type of dogs dont how they do it.

But worse still the greedy owners don’t gift these “lemons” to the trainers.....they still retain ownership and sucker these people into training them on deals!! Disgusting. If they insist on doing this they should be made to take them all back immediately after they have finished racing and be made to care for them until rehomed. Half the reason small trainers are on the out is because their kennels are clogged with these “hospital pass” dogs waiting to go to gap or similar, mostly because these small trainers actually care about the dogs in their kennels and don’t consider them just another number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, My Two Cents said:

But worse still the greedy owners don’t gift these “lemons” to the trainers.....they still retain ownership and sucker these people into training them on deals!! Disgusting. If they insist on doing this they should be made to take them all back immediately after they have finished racing and be made to care for them until rehomed. Half the reason small trainers are on the out is because their kennels are clogged with these “hospital pass” dogs waiting to go to gap or similar, mostly because these small trainers actually care about the dogs in their kennels and don’t consider them just another number.

I have heard about a trainer that insists on an agreement with the owner prior to training a dog to retain the first $1-2000 the dog makes (total stake) which is held for the entire racing career of each dog, this will be used in the case of serious injury (ie toe surgery, towards hock surgery or simply covers retirement fees with any remaining money split once the dog is happily in its forever home) If the owner is not agreeable - she doesn’t take their dog! this seems like basic commonsense that every trainer could very easily adopt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Betting man said:

I have heard about a trainer that insists on an agreement with the owner prior to training a dog to retain the first $1-2000 the dog makes (total stake) which is held for the entire racing career of each dog, this will be used in the case of serious injury (ie toe surgery, towards hock surgery or simply covers retirement fees with any remaining money split once the dog is happily in its forever home) If the owner is not agreeable - she doesn’t take their dog! this seems like basic commonsense that every trainer could very easily adopt.

Yes a very common sense approach would make life a little bit easier if  money had to be spent for the care of the dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.