RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

$200 K terminating PICK SIX

Terminating Pick Six

After years of lobbying  for this bet type  from myself and hundreds of others ...the pathetic NZ TAB finally have now adopted a  terminating pool option.

Great ! But wait there's more .

As of today  Friday 05 July 2019 at 7"55pm   the actual races races  for tomorrows  Terminating Pick 6 can not be shown .

On the TAB web site:

Te Rapa and Awapuni. ( So you can not take a Terminating pick 6 this evening) Because the new soft ware wont allow it )

I phoned the usual  0800 god help me Tab help line and a lovely bloke called David  told me the new soft ware can not handle two

concurrent Terminal Pick sixes ( Alex Park tonight ) etc 

The actual races for tomorrows Pick six are not available. I believe they  will be the last 3 race at Awapuni and same at Te Rapa.

A $67 million  Paddy Platform  can't handle two /five terminating pick six concurrent ongoing Pools ?

Try and take a terminating Pick Six tomorrow ( Te Rapa / Awapunui   )  if you have a syndicate tonight wanting to spend $30 each.

20 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Why do people want it to be termination pick 6? Only time I was ever interested in taking them was when they weren't struck and the pool gets up to a decent size. 

I agree. I imagine the TAB would lose money on a terminating pick 6 anyhow. I had no idea it was on, and it isn't big enough to excite any occasional punter. And honestly, who is going to spend heaps on a mid winter NZ mud meeting, or two, these days. I think most serious punters have got used to doing most of their betting in Oz. Not sure mixing two meetings is a great idea either.

1 hour ago, Black Kirrama said:

Terminating Pick Six

After years of lobbying  for this bet type  from myself and hundreds of others ...the pathetic NZ TAB finally have now adopted a  terminating pool option.

Great ! But wait there's more .

As of today  Friday 05 July 2019 at 7"55pm   the actual races races  for tomorrows  Terminating Pick 6 can not be shown .

On the TAB web site:

Te Rapa and Awapuni. ( So you can not take a Terminating pick 6 this evening) Because the new soft ware wont allow it )

I phoned the usual  0800 god help me Tab help line and a lovely bloke called David  told me the new soft ware can not handle two

concurrent Terminal Pick sixes ( Alex Park tonight ) etc 

The actual races for tomorrows Pick six are not available. I believe they  will be the last 3 race at Awapuni and same at Te Rapa.

A $67 million  Paddy Platform  can't handle two /five terminating pick six concurrent ongoing Pools ?

Try and take a terminating Pick Six tomorrow ( Te Rapa / Awapunui   )  if you have a syndicate tonight wanting to spend $30 each.

pick 6 is a tote product nothing to do with the paddy power/open bet platform......... you will have 6 or 7 hours tomorrow too get your pick 6 on whats the problem????

It's because the meeting code is 20 the same meeting code for tonights Pick 6.

It has always been the same, when you have a meeting code today and a meeting code with the same number the next day you cannot place a bet on tomorrow's meeting until the morning. 

22 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I agree. I imagine the TAB would lose money on a terminating pick 6 anyhow. I had no idea it was on, and it isn't big enough to excite any occasional punter. And honestly, who is going to spend heaps on a mid winter NZ mud meeting, or two, these days. I think most serious punters have got used to doing most of their betting in Oz. Not sure mixing two meetings is a great idea either.

A. It's worth $200k.

B. It is only over a an hour and half period.

C. You could win the total pool with only a small percentage ticket. eg a 5% ticket. Giving the smaller punter a chance for a small outlay.

Take note if you are using the NZTR website to do your form:

For some reason they are not showing the apprentice allowances and minimum riding weight for all apprentices at Te Rapa tomorrow. Awapuni is fine, they are showing them ok down there.  

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

It has always been the same, when you have a meeting code today and a meeting code with the same number the next day you cannot place a bet on tomorrow's meeting until the morning. 

Wow after long hours of research and reflection I've come up with an absolute fantastic solution. This has really been a mammoth exercise arriving at this ground breaking innovation. "How about the TAB have two separate codes".

On 7/6/2019 at 6:23 PM, puha said:

I love the terminating  pick 6 knowing it will be struck on the day and being a Turbo pick 6 only makes it better . 

So we now have this state of the art computer system.

It should be able to handle exchange type betting where we only fill in one form like so  No.1 20%, No2 35%, No3 0%, No4 5% No5 7% ....and so on.  The % amount being the amount of still live units. If the % amount gets too low then the computer will reject it.

Simple and straight forward. It could be on the race of one's choice so that if one misses out putting on the form then just moves on to another race. Just as long there are six races. Same could apply to quaddies.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:09 PM, Aaron Bidlake said:

Why do people want it to be termination pick 6? Only time I was ever interested in taking them was when they weren't struck and the pool gets up to a decent size. 

The real acid test for ANY bet type must surely be turnover based ,this pick 6 must therefore be rated a success,however there was 100 k of seed money going in the pool .What I would like to see is the pick 6 or any other bet terminate and stand or fall on its own terms,even if it only gets 20 or 30 k, if it terminates it is far more of an incentive to puntersthan the current system of partial payouts!!

Why would anyone with half a brain want to win less money?

On 7/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, rdytdy said:

That surprises me. If there’s a Brisbane race meeting on a Friday using the betting Code BR, eg, Race 1 being BR1, you can still place a bet for the Brisbane Sat meeting, Win, Quin, F4 even a Quaddie, in fact any Bet type, simply by marking the “Pre-Bet “ Box. 

It is not an that an unusual situation here where they have identical meeting numbers on respective days meaning you can't have a bet on the following day's meeting....and yes it is something that should be avoidable by the TAB.