RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

Glenda Hughes departing e-mail...

45 minutes ago, Stables said:

Triple Alliance, your comments reflect the attitude of too many trainers, times are tough, can't make enough money, can't get owners, lets put my fees up so that my remaining owners can maintain my standard of living. Down the road he finds that he has even less owners and can't understand why. Oh well time to put my fees up again

Training horses is one of the few areas of employment where you can expect a greater return if you don't do a good job for your client. If a horse isn't performing they put the horse out for a spell and then bring it back into work thereby costing the owner another small fortune bringing it back to its former standard of fitness, finds that it is still not performing to a sufficient level to race, so turn it out again and the cycle continues. Eventually the horse might get to the races but will never earn enough money for the owner to get his money back

Sounds like you should get your training licence Stables, that way you can push on with that horse your training is spelling.

13 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

They are still running for peanuts...that hasn't improved one bit.

12 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Ohokaman points out the peanuts , well that's true , it wasn't so bad when fields were small , most got something but competing in big fields for those same peanuts can't be much fun .

Drop INFLATED WAGES and SACK a few non performers Winston...UP STAKES...Problem solved.

At least do something to save the Industry!...I VOTED FOR YA MATE !

18 hours ago, gubellini said:

Glenda’s legacy is that under her stewardship the NZRB launched the financial equivalent of a full frontal red squad baton charge on racing participants. Many have departed overseas. Many trainers have had to down scale or seek employment with bigger trainers and many more have left the industry altogether. Thanks Glenda.

Lets see what sort of shape she and her fellow NZRB board members left the place is in when they report their final Financial accounts. I'm tipping their will be some serious balance sheet reductions for starters.

Greg

Lets see what sort of shape she and her fellow NZRB board members left the place is in when they report their final Financial accounts. I'm tipping their will be some serious balance sheet reductions for starters

In the Annual Accounts there will be that much juggling going on it will confirm the thoughts of many that the place is a bloody Circus. Clowns and monkeys included.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, LightsOut said:

On behalf of the Board and I, I wish you all the very best of success and I look forward to the TAB continuing to grow and prosper, enabling the long-term future of our industry.

I take it Glenda and her board will stand by the final set of RBNZ accounts that RITA inherits. Given the balance sheet destruction will those accounts be cleaner than clean - your guess is as good as mine

Greg

17 hours ago, LightsOut said:

In the Annual Accounts there will be that much juggling going on it will confirm the thoughts of many that the place is a bloody Circus. Clowns and monkeys included.

Surely a full audit would be carried out by RITA board to ascertain the exact situation they are inheriting

Greg