RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eclipsed

Significant change to the make-up and structure of HRNZ Board

The Chairman quoted as saying “this is a momentous day for the sport of Harness Racing in NZ”

The new structure of 8 will now include two independent directors.

There’s never an apples with apples scenario however in checking a couple of multi billion companies on the NZ Stock Exchange

EBOS - 5 Directors

Freightways - 5 Directors

This reduction from 11 is a step in the right direction however could somebody explain why 8 is the right number?

An old adage says that the more you have around the table the less that will be achieved......

As you say a definite step in the right direction re reduction but more importantly the introduction of 2 independent directors.

"The new board of eight (down from 11 currently) will include two independent directors to be appointed by a selection committee."

Its the last bit that's potentially scary in that the current mob appear to have little experience in terms of real governance skills. For instance , how many have done any IOD  courses let alone have external expertise at board level.

One only has to look at the shambles that occurred in TB code with the members council got involved in board appointment process

Greg

An interesting outcome although haven’t seen the results published online.

4 nominees made the cut from a list of 8 and the word is that the current Chair and Finance guru both held their ‘seats’ on the HRNZ Board.

To be fair I still struggle with a Board of 8 when multi million profit companies like Ebos and Freightways can run with a board of 5.These two corporations both have a strong m&a programme so they’ve plenty on their plate.

From an outsider looking in, HRNZ may have a few balls in the air, however does it really need 8 people around the table playing God?

no matter wether its a committee or board 5 years max then gone none of this bullshit progressing thru the ranks ,best person for the job,many clubs are held back by long term members who telephone conference before a meeting hijacking decisions and "will leave that to next month"..lose money your gone profit a $1 you get another year

On 9/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, Eclipsed said:

An interesting outcome although haven’t seen the results published online.

4 nominees made the cut from a list of 8 and the word is that the current Chair and Finance guru both held their ‘seats’ on the HRNZ Board.

To be fair I still struggle with a Board of 8 when multi million profit companies like Ebos and Freightways can run with a board of 5.These two corporations both have a strong m&a programme so they’ve plenty on their plate.

From an outsider looking in, HRNZ may have a few balls in the air, however does it really need 8 people around the table playing God?

reminds me of russian election "i would like to thank the public for re-electing me" prior to voting