RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

John Allen must be sued !!!

Not only must any severance pay be blocked but Allen must be sued for millions. 

Clearly if you accept a salary nearing $1million per annum and then don't do the basics demanded of the job there must be consequences. Allen wasn't employed to decide what detergent to use in the TAB tea room but was expected to do some work where decisions involving millions are concerned. He obviously didn't do a scrap of work or put in place those that could in deciding to go with the openbet platform. In fact I doubt John Allen knows even how to put on a racing bet. OK AirNZ CEO may not know how to fly a plane but when it comes to million dollar purchases then he would be expected to be totally on top of all the information.

How stupid can racing administrators be that they still condone Allen in the job.

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

John Allen will lie low for a while and wait until National get back in. They will offer him another sinecure and expect a different result from this proven failure. Heaven help the next organisation he is appointed to.

Fark he could be waiting for a while for Nats, they have zero idea how to get re-elected. I am a Nat member and paid supporter but fark mate they have zero idea about how MMP works. 

Do them good to reflect on the benches

53 minutes ago, barryb said:

Fark he could be waiting for a while for Nats, they have zero idea how to get re-elected. I am a Nat member and paid supporter but fark mate they have zero idea about how MMP works. 

Do them good to reflect on the benches

The problem the nats have at the moment is that they are spending too much effort trying to placate their die-hard supporters who will vote for them regardless, hence this bizarre idea of  possibly bringing this total outsider in who is supposedly better than anyone they totally have in-house. No idea how they think this will help them win the next election, unless they give someone on their list the boot. 

21 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

The problem the nats have at the moment is that they are spending too much effort trying to placate their die-hard supporters who will vote for them regardless, hence this bizarre idea of  possibly bringing this total outsider in who is supposedly better than anyone they totally have in-house. No idea how they think this will help them win the next election, unless they give someone on their list the boot. 

He probably is. Very few current MP's have a CV anything remotely like his. If he wants in, they will find a way. They need new blood with commercial experience to expose these Labour/Greens clowns. Has to be a better option than Bridges.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:47 AM, slam dunk said:

Not only must any severance pay be blocked but Allen must be sued for millions. 

Clearly if you accept a salary nearing $1million per annum and then don't do the basics demanded of the job there must be consequences. Allen wasn't employed to decide what detergent to use in the TAB tea room but was expected to do some work where decisions involving millions are concerned. He obviously didn't do a scrap of work or put in place those that could in deciding to go with the openbet platform. In fact I doubt John Allen knows even how to put on a racing bet. OK AirNZ CEO may not know how to fly a plane but when it comes to million dollar purchases then he would be expected to be totally on top of all the information.

How stupid can racing administrators be that they still condone Allen in the job.

Very fucking stupid indeed

4 hours ago, Huey said:

I don't know why everyone gets upset at Allen,  he accepted a high paying job that he was offered. Shouldn't the finger be pointed at the process and who or whom decided he was the right candidate?  

I always remember what JA said once appointed by Glenda.....”should be fun”....

Rrrright

Tui Ad.

We really need answers to questions. Hopefully some whistle blowers from those organisations involved.

I understand there have been a number of Indian programmers imported into Petone most probably at minimal salary whereas the American & UK owners of the OpenBet business sitting back have creamed all the loot. Those coming into Petone it would fair to say would not have the slightest knowledge of racing or wagering for that matter. The actual details is where the whistle blowers are needed.

The whole project as is normal should have been separated out. i.e. the race form completely separate to wagering as well as fixed odds separate to tote betting. Once all the units functioning then the everything could have been integrated. Handing everything over to one outfit a huge mistake. Many years of work i.e. work that had not become obsolete seems to have been discarded thats is an absolute disgrace.

Perhaps Glenda Hughes is the one to be sued bit like Jenny Shipley another National stalwart and now even John Key is shown up as ignorant. The real business innovator in the political ranks has been Jim Anderton who set up Kiwi Bank to the massive objection to the so called business orientated National Party.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:44 AM, Kingshill said:

Does John Allen still have a job come Monday? Surely RITA take the reins leaving John twiddling his thumbs...... 

Not so sure... Could be another bunch of "yes we know best" people come in.

If someone is going to be top dog lets hope  business logic is used deciding the salary. Anything over $200K unjustified at this stage.

First thing if an employment agency is involved they must be told this is a $400M business not a $2.5Billion business as they like to be told. We have been through this before on Racecafe and its now commonly accepted that a gambling business can't be judged by betting turnover.

Secondly if John Allen is lost like the other recent CEO's what a huge waste in that the time he has been there he obviously learned a few things. Rather an expensive tuition course.

Thirdly John Allen never brought into the organization experience and commercial secrets from other outfits in the gambling, racing or IT  industries. Lets hope the new person also has original ideas. Somehow I doubt it.

John Allen most certainly deserves to be sued.

But he must not be sued.  The costs of taking a legal action against him would be horrendous.  It would be another case of sending good money after bad money.  But the name of the recruitment firm who recommended this dickwit, at great expense, must be disclosed.  Punters, who are also in business, need to know the names of charlatans involved.

My sharebroker told me to avoid Fonterra when they dropped to $4.70.  I want to know the name of the recruitment form, so that business associates and me can avoid them.  They have proven themselves to be incompetent. 

38 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

My sharebroker told me to avoid Fonterra when they dropped to $4.70.  I want to know the name of the recruitment form, so that business associates and me can avoid them.  They have proven themselves to be incompetent. 

It was a political appointment by the National Party or should I say National Government. 

Either way both the Chair Glenda  Hughes and CEO John Allen were political appointments. 

Just now, Insider said:

It was a political appointment by the National Party or should I say National Government. 

Either way both the Chair Glenda  Hughes and CEO John Allen were political appointments. 

Wow. Talk about a clusterfuck. Thanks National. 

2 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.

John Key so hated the racing world that he gave the racing world Nathan Guy, Glenda Hughes and John Allen.

John Key; a real cruel bastard.

Well thats one way of looking at it.

However getting back to the "platform" I distinctly remember Michael Guerin giving us sneek preview of the website when it was about to be launched. In his words "looks like very good"  So even the savvy punters can be fooled initially. Its only when one gets right into using it that the multitude of errors, mistakes and anomalies become apparent, In some ways one can see how it was sold. OpenBet/Paddy Power knew how to sell it and the dupes bought into it.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Well thats one way of looking at it.

However getting back to the "platform" I distinctly remember Michael Guerin giving us sneek preview of the website when it was about to be launched. In his words "looks like very good"  So even the savvy punters can be fooled initially. Its only when one gets right into using it that the multitude of errors, mistakes and anomalies become apparent, In some ways one can see how it was sold. OpenBet/Paddy Power knew how to sell it and the dupes bought into it.

Guerin's on the payroll. Can't exactly come out and say it's a piece of shit.