RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
High Sparrow

Jockeys Challenges and why they should be banned or boycotted

If you stopped and actually listened you might learn something. Just because there is a quadruple dead heat in a JC it doesn't mean the TAB are winning more than if a single jockey won. Nor are punters being ripped off with the dead heat rules. The market percentage on JC could be considered a rip off though. Many racing bets don't give punters their money back. What next, you want each way bets banned, % betting banned? Rather than get your nose out of joint, learn from what has been said.

1 hour ago, SMD is rife said:

If you stopped and actually listened you might learn something. Just because there is a quadruple dead heat in a JC it doesn't mean the TAB are winning more than if a single jockey won. Nor are punters being ripped off with the dead heat rules. The market percentage on JC could be considered a rip off though. Many racing bets don't give punters their money back. What next, you want each way bets banned, % betting banned? Rather than get your nose out of joint, learn from what has been said.

And at what point did i say the TAB were winning more if there was a quadruple deadheat?  Others went off on that tangent about pools.  Individual punters are more likely to lose more often if they continue to bet on this JC option due to the increased likelihood of a deadheat and the stats reflect that. That's a fact. Personally I'd object to running the risk of getting a quarter of my money back on a "winner" but if you want to end up in the poor house faster than anyone else then be my guest. But while we may beg to differ on the relative value provided by this option perhaps we can celebrate some common ground at the same time - because I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding your market percentage comment. So what are these "many racing bets" that don't give punters their money back then SMD? I'd be genuinely interested to know.