RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Two

Two questions. What is that strange looking Monte thing at Alex park this weekend, and why does alex park run 11 races when five of them have 7 starters or less? Serious questions. I ask because the gallops like to run only 7 races even when it means balloting and eliminating dozens of horses each week.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Two questions. What is that strange looking Monte thing at Alex park this weekend, and why does alex park run 11 races when five of them have 7 starters or less? Serious questions. I ask because the gallops like to run only 7 races even when it means balloting and eliminating dozens of horses each week.

I assume to keep faith with those that want to race along with the fact that the races were programmed.

The much discussed Monte race is the saddle trot and it was advertised it would be a tote race [ for $6k] if 7 horses entered.So providing all start there will be 7 horses. I consider it similar to the two year old trots earlier in year .They were run for the advertised stake providing a minimum entry was received ,often there wasn't so they ran as a non-tote for $2k.

Its absolutely demoralising if races programmed then not run ,and unfair to merge with older horses.

The main trot had 9 entries but one stable been struck by virus so 3 x scratchings. It was going to be a good race even if very wide range so not like with like ,tho preferential draw .Also the main pace a very wide range ,so not like for like and highlights the lack of horses ......68 to 93 and 64 to 95 not ideal from mobile !I looked at nominations and feel they did all they could to put fields together.Unfair to advertise a non-winners Trot from mobile then merge with other horses !

Looking at the horses in recent weeks there has been an influx of South Horses [ including CD this week] so without those the meetings would be in jeopardy.

June/ July also a good time to have a holiday !

The calendar and programs need looking at IMO.

10 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Firstly, if the gallops do "it" that don't make it right.     Secondly, last time I looked the gallops ran all their races with little boys & girls sitting on their backs so does that mean gallops is "strange looking"   ??  :rcf-kiss-1: