RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Banning of cars.

Gummitt thinking of banning certain makes/models of car as they are deemed to be unsafe.

Cars don't cause accidents,dumb arses driving do.

Wouldn't matter how safe a car is if you have a lunatic coming towards you at 100k and youre doing 100k with only a 6 inch yellow line seperating you.

Can of worms to open if they do.

Most Modern cars are designed with offset collision technology, passenger safety cells, airbags, anti-lock braking systems, power steering, radial ply tyres, etc. Unfortunately, some also come with fuckwits behind the wheel. They should focus on younger drivers - where the problem is. Make it compulsory for new applicants to attend defensive driving schools - at their own cost. Anyone involved in an accident make it compulsory to attend a Defensive Driving School before being able to drive again. I got my licence at 15yo and I’ve yet to cause an accident and have avoided many due to “defensive driving”. It should be compulsory. Also, zero drug and alcohol readings for all drivers. Would you be prepared to board a flight from Auckland to London knowing the pilot was intoxicated? No? Govt focus is in the wrong place and car manufacturers advertising is focused on the “deal” and “finance options” rather than the safety features in their cars that are designed to minimise harm in the unfortunate incidence of a collision. 

Remarkable isn't it , the cars they want to ban are the cars the less well off tend to drive and the clampdown on WOFs and the people issuing them is a direct attack on the less well off .

The truth is we have come down from a record of around 800 deaths on the road in the late 60s ?? so given the fact car numbers have increased massively since that time the current accident rate is pretty acceptable , people will always make mistakes and today we have the added risk of dope and p .

This is just an attempt to take cars off the road , the greens agenda and cindy is allowing the less well to come under attack from these extremists .

Correct Triple A. People make mistakes - cars do not. Train the people by legislation. Speed doesn’t kill - that’s proven by very few deaths in Formula 1. Idiots who don’t drive to the conditions, who can’t anticipate what’s happening in traffic, who text, who DUI, who can’t think in an emergency etc etc. At a Defensive Driving School I attended, a former Bathurst 1000 Champion told me, “ the easiest way to get out of a skid is to not get in one in the first place”. The Govt have got an Agenda that won’t work. People won’t give up their freedom to go wherever they like whenever they choose and Public Transport won’t do that for them in NZ