RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pegasus 9

Royal Ascot

3 hours ago, Pegasus 9 said:

Huge Royal Ascot booking for James McDonald in Friday's G1 Coronation Stakes with the ride on second favourite Jubiloso. Immaculately-bred, by Shamardal out of Frankel's half-sister Joyeuse, and she looks to have immense talent too #horseracing

She did look good but that 2nd win looks in a poor race by Newbury standards , third home was 14 lengths behind winner next time out at Kempton in average race  , second looks OK won next up and ran ok in decent handicap after  but rest will have to go low grade  to get head in front  imho.  She really dealt to them though .J Macc done the biz for owner last year at RA. 

34 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

She did look good but that 2nd win looks in a poor race by Newbury standards , third home was 14 lengths behind winner next time out at Kempton in average race  , second looks OK won next up and ran ok in decent handicap after  but rest will have to go low grade  to get head in front  imho.  She really dealt to them though .J Macc done the biz for owner last year at RA. 

I hope he rides a winner there this year but he will have to be at his best I think.  Great racing though and will be watching.

It's inevitable some horses are going to go over hurdles/ steeples later in their careers regardless of how they are bred. I personally don't put a lot of store in breeding when assessing their ability on certain track conditions either. A number of good summer sprinters/gallopers have turned out good jumpers on wet tracks. The only rule is there are no rules. 

6 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I note that the world's most famous Jumpers' Flat, also known as the Ascot Stakes, run over 4000 metres, was won by a son of Frankel.  I was hoping Frankel's stock would be better than that.  He was such a wonderful racehorse.

I was impressed with how winner powered home looks a beautiful horse  , and shows imho Frankel to be even more versatile in the breeding game . He's had a few hurdle winners  so far .

Anyway how do you rate these stallions ,

Sadlers Wells has  sired Pridwell multiple wins in top staying hurdles , Synchronised Cheltenham Gold Cup winner , Istabraq the best hurdler there's ever been  a simply brilliant racehorse .I backed horse once when  at Cottenham PTP over 3 miles called Fire and Ice by Sadlers Wells , it stayed ok but very slowly .

Galileo has sired Supasundae  top line staying hurdler  won Aintree stayers this year, Celestial Halo a top staying hurdler for years and Annie Power has produced a foal by Galileo that you have to think was produced for the winter game .

Danehill sired Specular winner in Oz and went ok over sticks in UK for Jonjo O'NEIL  plus over low grade hurdlers .

Njinsky sired Play the Act multiple winning chaser plus others

Nureyev sired Prokoliev multiple winning hurdler plus others 

And so on.

I set the alarm. First Royal Ascot live footage   I've seen since SIR GK SANDERS bought a top hat and took Seachange over.

I intended to watch mighty Pitty's  Enzos Lad and eat a crumpet and cup of tea and go to bed. Fantastic coverage. Bloody amazing

Prince of Wales G1 at 2:40 am  tomorrow Thursday is a must see.

The comingled pools with HK and England had massive pools on the first night. WHY is this NOT THE norm ?

Sign of the Future: NO tote odds just Fixed Odds betting for the six races tonight.

Is this because The Platform has lost so many clients there is no interest in betting with the  NZ TAB ?

be it at Royal Ascot , Te Teko, Waipa or Eagle Farm.

32 minutes ago, Black Kirrama said:

I set the alarm. First Royal Ascot live footage   I've seen since SIR GK SANDERS bought a top hat and took Seachange over.

I intended to watch mighty Pitty's  Enzos Lad and eat a crumpet and cup of tea and go to bed. Fantastic coverage. Bloody amazing

Prince of Wales G1 at 2:40 am  tomorrow Thursday is a must see.

The comingled pools with HK and England had massive pools on the first night. WHY is this NOT THE norm ?

Sign of the Future: NO tote odds just Fixed Odds betting for the six races tonight.

Is this because The Platform has lost so many clients there is no interest in betting with the  NZ TAB ?

be it at Royal Ascot , Te Teko, Waipa or Eagle Farm.

be it at Royal Ascot , Te Teko (abandoned), Waipa (abandoned) or Eagle Farm. Couldn't bet here even if we wanted to! :rcf-laughing-2:

Comin Through ex Waller in Hunt Club , looks like his ability has gone for the moment . He's with a very good young trainer though . I think Chilean might go OK at decent ew odds in that.

The two Wesley Ward runners in first and two in last will blast out  as his runners always do just a matter if they last ,  Anna Fast and Kimari looked stylish winning maidens but those wins on dirt , Karak in last should go on turf looking at breeding .

RED RUM   said:  " Karak in last  ( Race 6 The Windsor Castle Stakes 1000m + metres) should go on turf looking at breeding ."

I always respect your views Red Rum:

I will watch her. I Don't like Karak's dam's name ."Down The Well".

Fantastic Ascot  racing..  but  racing for about  55% of what we race for in  Group Ones  in Aussie.

TAB has no Jockeys Market that I can see: for tonight.

James MK vs  Dettori vs Doyle etc

Was watching the leadup to the next race at Scotsville South Africa. OK it was only a maiden but seems the Trackside manager must have rung the night time TV operator at Trackside and got him to switch to Ascot where the NZ rep was about to run. Most annoying once Scotsville was being shown the coverage should have stayed there. Very disappointing.

12 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Was watching the leadup to the next race at Scotsville South Africa. OK it was only a maiden but seems the Trackside manager must have rung the night time TV operator at Trackside and got him to switch to Ascot where the NZ rep was about to run. Most annoying once Scotsville was being shown the coverage should have stayed there. Very disappointing.

You preferred to watch the go-rounds at Pietermaritzburg, rather than the King's Stand Stakes?  If I told you that I preferred to watch a dishlicker at Invercargill rather than a group one at Randwick you would question my intelligence.

31 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

was a great evening's entertainment - so well done to TAB for coverage and for taking fixed odds bets.

Had a crack at a few - 16/1 shot nosed out, and bet of the day not good enough and ran second as well. But I'll be back in tonight !

Never give up Col !

12 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Never give up Col !

I didn't mate. Turned over a reasonable amount overnight and ended up $7.40 down after a bit of a plunge on a $6 place shot who crept into third in the last :rcf-laughing-1:

Once again a great nights racing - not totally convinced on some of the jockeys over there, but as a few ex jocks on here would say I'm a typical punter. Having said that the strangest ride was James Doyle on Sinjaari in the King George. I didn't back it - but wtf ???

34 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I didn't mate. Turned over a reasonable amount overnight and ended up $7.40 down after a bit of a plunge on a $6 place shot who crept into third in the last :rcf-laughing-1:

Once again a great nights racing - not totally convinced on some of the jockeys over there, but as a few ex jocks on here would say I'm a typical punter. Having said that the strangest ride was James Doyle on Sinjaari in the King George. I didn't back it - but wtf ???

It's done a bit at Ascot when it gets softer , they go by the trees as they  shelter ground a bit and I suppose drawn wide connections thought give it a lash  . Trying to recall who did that in a big race and won , was either Carson or Dettori was a while back.It's a stiff track uphill a fair way out on round course so not easy to ride as go too early its a long way home.

I thought the Gold Cup was cracking , Lloyd Williams horse was good , I thought it had no chance , Cross Counter ran well .Stradivarius could get 75 kgs in Melb Cup and still win , ground against it today .