RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Mrs Cubes gets grumpy with the TAB

1 hour ago, Cubes said:

Because all good Hollywood stories have a Happy conclusion....

The Cubemeister got $143.00 credited to our Bank accountness on 21/8/2019

10 bucks each way....paying $10.30 the win / Three bucks eighty the place

The Stakes placed mare.....Hot Fuss.... Winning the First on NZ Cup day 2018 ....

Now retired and off to see Jon Snow.....

Overpaid as well......some have all the luck......:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, weasel57 said:

This must be the first instance of the TAB doing the right thing in ages. Hallelujah, well done Rdytdy...I agree the only reason they did the right thing is pressure put on by someone who knows the industry well, ahas good contacts/connections, and is unafraid to go public via various media outlets including this one. (No, I'm not saying Ted threatened anyone either...TAB people know who has the clout to hurt them.) If TAB had any nous they'd announce a change in their 'expired ticket' policy and use this example as a dose of much needed positive PR ...are you listening, Mr Allen?

I've heard the guy on talkback radio and I can tell you if I was on the Helpdesk and he called me, I'd pay out on the expired ticket immediately as well just to avoid having to listen to that incessant monotone dribble - fark me!

I have heard of two horses that I want to put on Favourites list for the TAB to text me when they are running.  I know that I have to pay for the text messages.

Would somebody, who knows how to do that, please tell me how to do that.

As a matter of interest they are Plushenko in N.Z. and Hurricane Fighter in Australia.

The woman at the TAB told me that I cannot add them as favourites until the day they race.  This seems to me to be ludicrous, so any help would be appreciated.  If I knew when they were running I wouldn't need that service.

Favourites (previously Race Tracker) will provide you notifications of when your favourite runner, trainer, jockey, driver or racetrack is in action.  

How does it work?

Add favourites from the race card (all options available) or from results and transaction history (only runner available).

You need to be a TAB account customer to enjoy using this service

You can add notes against runners 

Email notifications are free

Text notifications cost 20 cents per message.  

Unless you have previously backed these horses looks like you'll have to wait until they race next. If you have previously backed them, you might be able to add them as favourites from your betting history. 

6 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I have heard of two horses that I want to put on Favourites list for the TAB to text me when they are running.  I know that I have to pay for the text messages.

Would somebody, who knows how to do that, please tell me how to do that.

For Plushenko you can go to tab.co.nz/racing, near the top of the page where it says "Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow" etc click yesterday, go to the field for Race 1 at Matamata, scroll down to the field, click on the downwards-pointing arrow below the picture of the silks of Plushenko, then click the Bookmark icon to the right of the "Comment" section.

It appears you can no longer go back to look at fields older than yesterday, so going back to April for Hurricane Fighter's last start isn't an option. As Hacko mentioned, if you've backed him before you may be able to add him from your betting history.

Had same problem Tauhei Notts.  2 horses that haven't been to races and wanted to add them to my favourites so I wouldn't miss them but TAB advised can't be done.  Can only be done from fields when they are racing.  If I miss them too f....n late by then. So much for their improved system :rcf-rich:

1 hour ago, Insider said:

If they can’t fix the little things, how the hell can they fix the big things?

Looks like your friend finally seen the light re TAB website.

Certainly a mystery why so slow with the changes. If there still existed racing journalists they would delve into the whole process of procuring the terrible web site. My theory for the delay in changes is its got something to do with charging to different accounting periods so it doesn't look so bad for John Allen. Or could be OpenBet not releasing changes until paid.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, Cubes said:

So Mrs Cubes plonks 10 e/w on her horse on NZ Cup day Nov 17th 2018

Bet placed on-course at Riccarton

Horse wins

June 12th 2018 Mrs Cubes finds at the bottom of one of her countless handbags said ticket

Mrs Cubes goes to TAB outlet 

TAB sheila in a snarling voice goes " Six months past race....ticket expired"

Question : Where do TAB send staff for customer satisfaction training ?

I need to know your secret. How did she manage to find a winning ticket 5 months before the race?

Ticket found June 12, 2018. Race took place November 17, 2018? Ticket wasn't over six months old. It was five months premature :rcf-laughing-2: