RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Mrs Cubes gets grumpy with the TAB

So Mrs Cubes plonks 10 e/w on her horse on NZ Cup day Nov 17th 2018

Bet placed on-course at Riccarton

Horse wins

June 12th 2018 Mrs Cubes finds at the bottom of one of her countless handbags said ticket

Mrs Cubes goes to TAB outlet 

TAB sheila in a snarling voice goes " Six months past race....ticket expired"

Question : Where do TAB send staff for customer satisfaction training ?

I would query the legalities. I note the consumer watchdogs are coming down hard on retailers that don't honour their gift cards after say a year or two.

The fact the TAB has rules those rules may possibly not override the general trading law.

7 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

I would query the legalities. I note the consumer watchdogs are coming down hard on retailers that don't honour their gift cards after say a year or two.

The fact the TAB has rules those rules may possibly not override the general trading law.

Yes SD, I believe this to be the case plus it's the tech age, no problem with verification, barcodes etc.

3 hours ago, Cubes said:

So Mrs Cubes plonks 10 e/w on her horse on NZ Cup day Nov 17th 2018

Bet placed on-course at Riccarton

Horse wins

June 12th 2018 Mrs Cubes finds at the bottom of one of her countless handbags said ticket

Mrs Cubes goes to TAB outlet 

TAB sheila in a snarling voice goes " Six months past race....ticket expired"

Question : Where do TAB send staff for customer satisfaction training ?

Mrs vS too tight to ever have 10 e/w on her horse!

Had $2 place once when her horse won. Nor does Mrs. vS have many handbags but the ones she does have - got gorse in the bottom :rcf-tongue-2:

7 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

is there any rational reason for an expiry date on tickets for TAB ?

I appreciate it is a liability on balance sheet etc, but they took bet and factored it into tote odds/FO margins....

Pure bloody theft Col.....there is no reason for it. There must be thousands in that slush fund.

Would a bookmaker write off what you owe him after six months...?? Not bloody likely.

Took it to TAB Fitzgerald Ave

New Owners at pub there who were quite nice and polite said ticket had expired....any queries call TAB 0800 blah blah blah

TAB 0800 blah blah blah said stick your winning ticket into the trash can.....six months since race

Mrs Cubes not impressed

CCF_000027.pdf

Approach Fair Go, they seem to get results for people. Sometimes just the threat of Fair Go works. 

It would also be interesting to see how they got on for the sake of anyone else in the same boat as you, or the Mrs. 

5 hours ago, Hacko said:

Approach Fair Go, they seem to get results for people. Sometimes just the threat of Fair Go works. 

It would also be interesting to see how they got on for the sake of anyone else in the same boat as you, or the Mrs. 

I might go to Fair Go myself....seeing Cubes has kindly provided me with a full copy of the ticket.....  ha ha :rcfe-happy-2:

22 hours ago, Cubes said:

Took it to TAB Fitzgerald Ave

New Owners at pub there who were quite nice and polite said ticket had expired....any queries call TAB 0800 blah blah blah

TAB 0800 blah blah blah said stick your winning ticket into the trash can.....six months since race

Mrs Cubes not impressed

CCF_000027.pdf

Cubes. I have been able to sort this out for you. The TAB will pay out on Mrs Cubes bet. .

I have emailed the info to you. :rcfe-like:

13 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Cubes. I have been able to sort this out for you. The TAB will pay out on Mrs Cubes bet. .

I have emailed the info to you. :rcfe-like:

Maybe you can enlighten the rest of us Ted, and I'll see if my old ticket is still around......:rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Either they have a rule re payment or they don't. Many of us have been told "tough luck, ticket expired.."

Now apparently, if you know somebody, they pay up....if that's the case, why have the rule..?

Knowing Cubes and what he has done for the industry and other good causes  they should pay out his losing tickets too :-)

Way of the world of course Ohoka that the rules can be relaxed or bent or ignored depending on the customer etc etc etc. Nonetheless I agree with you that the 6 month rule is dumb.

5 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Knowing Cubes and what he has done for the industry and other good causes  they should pay out his losing tickets too :-)

Way of the world of course Ohoka that the rules can be relaxed or bent or ignored depending on the customer etc etc etc. Nonetheless I agree with you that the 6 month rule is dumb.

I don’t thinks it’s long enough, there’s plenty of people who only go to the races once or twice a year and don’t tend to visit tabs. Surely a year or even two years is a more reasonable time frame e.g bet on Wellington Cup day you have until the next Wellington Cup day to claim the ticket. Granted in most case we will be talking about smallish amounts but it’s still frustrating. 

Because all good Hollywood stories have a Happy conclusion....

The Cubemeister got $143.00 credited to our Bank accountness on 21/8/2019

10 bucks each way....paying $10.30 the win / Three bucks eighty the place

The Stakes placed mare.....Hot Fuss.... Winning the First on NZ Cup day 2018 ....

Now retired and off to see Jon Snow.....

This must be the first instance of the TAB doing the right thing in ages. Hallelujah, well done Rdytdy...I agree the only reason they did the right thing is pressure put on by someone who knows the industry well, ahas good contacts/connections, and is unafraid to go public via various media outlets including this one. (No, I'm not saying Ted threatened anyone either...TAB people know who has the clout to hurt them.) If TAB had any nous they'd announce a change in their 'expired ticket' policy and use this example as a dose of much needed positive PR ...are you listening, Mr Allen?