RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
High Sparrow

Results of Jockey Challenges

Anyone know how you find the dividends of the Jockeys' Challenges. Just out of curiosity I was wondering what Matthew Gillies paid at Awapuni yesterday but when I got the results up (Sports Results>Racing etc) there weren't any dividends in any of the meetings even though the winner's name was there.  Any ideas people?

Hi H S What you see is just who won on the good old web site ahhh those were the days used to give you progress dividend on the winner. Go to results of rugby or NRL click on game and there is everything even though its confusing except the score of the game .

Because the don't have pick the score anymore[ like the old site ] they don't think its needed fair dinkum. If you like J Challenges go to www.jockey-challenge.com brilliant to follow all meetings here and Aussie.Hope that helps

11 minutes ago, Hacko said:

Wouldn't the dividend change after each race so the dividend will be what odds you got when the bet was put on. 

Exactly Hacko  but the winning jockey used to have a breakdown of his or her odds as they progressed during the day.That is no longer there just the winning jockey .So if you backed J Parkes for $4 thats what you get if he wins .

Hey thanks Hacko and Boss Hogg. That answers my query perfectly. I think Jockeys' Challenges are an absolute waste of time and money because a good few end in dead-heats, triple dead-heats or on occasion I've seen four jockeys end up with the same points and you get a quarter of the price you took. I looked at the results over a period of six months one time and dead-heats (or a form thereof) happened about 30-33% of the time and given that the favoured jockey can often be at less than $2 then the TAB end up fleecing you by paying less than your money back and the points structure makes it even more likely. I have always avoided them like the plague. Imagine betting a $1 and "winning" and getting 25 cents in return. That's what happened in the bad old days with straight bets on some hot favourites - you could actually get less than your money back but then the rules were changed so that it was something like only when more than 60% of the pool was on the favourite that that could happen. It seems the TAB have found a way around it and are fleecing the poor, unsuspecting punters yet again with these rubbish exotics. Dark Ages stuff. Thanks for your comments.