RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Dodgy TAB?

In a state of boredom I had a look at the odds at York races for tomorrow morning.  I looked hard at race five.  The total of the place pool was $11.00.  Exactly.  There are fourteen runners, so three place dividends.  #13 is paying $6.20 for  a place.  If one deducts about 15.48% from the place pool that reduces it to $9.30; $3.10 per placed horse; so if a measly dollar was placed on that horse for a place it would be paying $3.10.  It would appear that fifty cents has been placed on the horse.  I always thought the minimum bet was a dollar.

In the win pool the total turnover is $12.00 and #3 is showing $20.40 to win as is #13.  That looks like 50 cents on each horse, but an unusual one is #4; it is showing $10.60 to win.  If a lazy dollar had been placed on #4 and it is showing $10.60 on a $12.00 turnover that suggests a take out of merely 11.67%.  These figures suggest to me some naughtiness going on.

Please tell me where I am wrong.

11 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

You can bet cents now.

Not on the tote, as it is a minimum $1 bet for a place/win bet (and multiples of $1). You can bet cents on final field or sports events however. 

Hey ,every now and then they make mistakes to right the wrong, be alert and get some back:rcfe-happy-2: ...although in saying that  I thought they had O’guy over the odds at Ruakaka yesterday at 17s that ended up drifting to 21 very quickly???? Then I watched Spratts ride:rcfe-surprise:I compared it to her other ‘efforts’ on the day and then to her placed run at Te Rapa last time she rode it. Didn’t compare....Nothing worse than following a horse butchered by Lammas at puke, beaten by bias at Rotorua ( benefit of doubt)then to go around for a run today. There are to many variables in this sport as it is without having to factor in bloody good riders producing sub par efforts. Next time again :rcf-sad-2::rcfe-laughing:

I see she copped a $500 fine for that fine effort Heds. Danis almost cleaned them up turning in and got a warning.Looked a strong positive ride for mine. Love those small outlay results :rcfe-money: always good to get some back every now and then :rcfe-happy-3:EBA6970C-8084-467A-83F7-312D3944FE6D.png

5 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Nice return... $1,603.50 for the $3 bet...

Always good to see these types of collects Pondy, keeps us in the game a little longer:rcfe-money: the funny thing about this particular ticket was I had 4 marked on the slip in the last and the machine never read the other 3 , only gave me Poker Face :rcfe-laughing: lap of the gods. Hope it’s your turn next:rcfe-money: