RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

More bull%$^% from the NZRB...

who is trying to justify their existence by making customers having to supply ID verification and saying its mandatory. I have had an account for 30 years and now I need to confirm that I am who I say I am. Every time I withdraw money from my TAB account I have to supply ID verification of who I am.  I supplied ID verification 30 years ago and any withdrawals I make confirms that I am still the same person..

The NZRB confuses's itself and in turn their customers.

Confirmation of online IDV completion

Once you reach the end of the online IDV process, you will be presented with a page that confirms that your ID documents have been accepted. They will then be checked by Jumio, our IDV provider, and TAB staff. This may take up to five working days. When these checks have been made, you will receive an email either denying or rejecting your identity verification attempt

5 days? It took 20 minutes once for me to get charged, finger printed and my mug shot taken and that was 20 years ago.

You will receive an email either denying or rejecting your identity verification attempt. 

Denying definition, to state that (something declared or believed to be true) is not true.

rejecting definition:  to refuse to accept, use, or believe something or someone.

John Allen said they would double customers with the new betting platform how the %$#% are they going to do that when after supplying your identity verification the checking process will deny or reject it. Why the ^%$% would I want to supply ID Verification when the NZRB is only going to deny or reject it after going through 3 checking stages.

In the photo of you with your hand written note, ensure your face and your note are clearly visible, otherwise we cannot complete the process.

If your going to deny or reject my identity verification attempt after your checks you not going to be able to complete the process are you.  So you can stick the photo but keep the hand written note.

ggg.jpeg

Taking an acceptable photo:

• No glare or red eye
  • In focus and centred in the viewer
  • Neutral expression
  • Your note is not obstructing your face

Neutral expression and the NZRB well matched.

A blank expression is a facial expression characterized by neutral positioning of the facial features, implying a lack of strong emotion. It may be caused by a lack of emotion, depression, boredom or slight confusion, such as when someone refers to something which the listener does not understand.

Hi LO its unbelievable same as you have had an account for 50 years got ihto screeming match with help desk ,dont loose my temper very often but they were so bloody condescending.So a grown man has to take a selfie with a sign saying PUT ME IN THE GAME how bloody childish it was easier to get a visa to USA begrudingly I went to local TAB and filled in the form.Remember these clowns are going to freeze your accounts after 30 days .How can you take this mob seriously when they cant even spell drivers licence in the form.Bloody hard getting a selfie with a box brownie .

Can some one who knows WHY  this has happened .

It's all very well jumping up and down , screaming and shouting but why not find out why this has happened first . I have a suspicion that this may be a new legal requirement , recently I  tried to get a will written , the lawyer wanted a minimum of $350 for something that was previously a cheapie ,  the government wants all sorts of info , all to do with crime , money laundering etc , I recon this will be similar but if anyone knows for sure please tell us .

Hi TA your right it is a goment requirement like everything they want every detail of our lives .Just the way the TAB has done it making it so difficult I have feeling it is more for us older customers even though we have been depositing and occasionally withdrawing for years

But Boss Hogg this is just incredibly bad "work" from the TAB. If they have to comply with new Government regs they should put out a note to all TAB account holders explaining what is about.

Simple customer service 101 stuff. 

1 minute ago, Breeder said:

But Boss Hogg this is just incredibly bad "work" from the TAB. If they have to comply with new Government regs they should put out a note to all TAB account holders explaining what is about.

Simple customer service 101 stuff. 

Absolutely correct only noticed a little icon on top right hand side of page .but on ringing help desk they were so dismissive about it .Telling me you have to do it or your account will be frozen until you have been verified so if you want to withdraw money without verified , good luck with that !

Do I gather from this that want to get every single current TAB account holder to supply an ID photo to them so you can continue to use your TAB account even though you went through this process of proving identity when you originally opened it up.

Firstly, have they contacted every account directly? I certainly haven't had anything from them.

If they fail to contact me and close my account they can get F*%#ed. It will stay closed.    

How many accounts will be lost through all this BS.... 

As my account was set up years ago so I thought I would ring the help desk just to check about this and they confirmed everything was fine and I don't have to do anything (so no wonder I haven't received anything).  

Perhaps this requirement is for new accounts?   

6 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

As my account was set up years ago so I thought I would ring the help desk just to check about this and they confirmed everything was fine and I don't have to do anything (so no wonder I haven't received anything).  

Had an account for 50 years but maybe my passed is catch up on me.

It’s all just political paranoia bull shit. Welcome to the world in 2019. 

I am going by bus from Buenos Aires to Rosario tomo and I had to show my passport to get a ticket. 

It will only get worse . Soon you will have to present your credentials to have a turd. 

Its all about money laundering and border protection. Gee I yearn for the 60-70s. You could go to Oz without a passport. Till some wanker in govt decided shit someone is going to sneak into NZ then come to Oz. ( and kill me). Welcome  to the world of paranoia. 

NB . My Spanish is non existent. Thought I ordered a midi of stout and I ended up with a litre. Thems the breaks. Hope the CIA aren’t watching 

Gee I’m being paranoid ha ha 

Don't know if anyone noticed and decided to have a bet in the last at Awapuni after seeing my note in the entry for Maria's comp yesterday.

Comp R10 : Sandown Lakeside R8 6.05pm :     3   Al Galayel  

Comp R11 : Ipswich R9 6.32pm (Bonus Race) :     6   Organza

Hope I'm a "GRINNER" today

Thanks Maria  and all involved...

So had a real nice collect from FF and was going to withdraw money from my account and then saw the issue highlighted above. But I too am a lucky one and my account was Verified already but don't ever remember doing anything for it so made a withdrawl via Internet.... Now just have to hope the money does appear in my account on Monday and doesn't disappear into the ozone..

You can blame the TAB for many things, but this isn't one of them . Its government bureaucracy being forced upon them , they are only doing what they have to to comply with the bureaucrats.

16 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I believe you'll have to do something if/when you have a decent collect, so either way they'll be getting you to do it depending on your betting activity.

You can blame the TAB for many things, but this isn't one of them

Very strange I have mates who have had TAB accounts for years and some have had to verify their accounts while others have done nothing and their accounts flagged as verified.

To be fair nothing would surprise me having seen the incompetence of the NZRB. You can certainly blame the NZRB for pitiful customer service including poorly worded information regarding this verification process. Who proof reads information releases to their customers? the bloody cleaners? 

2 minutes ago, LightsOut said:

Very strange I have mates who have had TAB accounts for years and some have had to verify their accounts while others have done nothing and their accounts flagged as verified.

To be fair nothing would surprise me having seen the incompetence of the NZRB. You can certainly blame the NZRB for pitiful customer service including poorly worded information regarding this verification process. Who proof reads information releases to their customers? the bloody cleaners? 

Probably no one does. You can't be surprised regarding your example , with the amount of changes over the years in terms of leadership is it any wonder there has been inconsistencies such as that?

I think before it was a nice to have , but giving the AML coming in that should bring some consistency to it because the government will be demanding it.

It seems that Goment new anti money laundering bill will take over by August 1st .Any account before 2000 will have to confirm ID. Its not having to verify ID thats the problem its the way TAB has gone about it bloody hopeless even if you have been verified you will most likely still have to go thru the process.As I said before go to local TAB and fill in form .Hope this helps its information the TAB should have told us.

A mate of mine went to the TAB with his passport!!!!  (To verify his identity)

The local branch did not know anything about this stuff so they rang somebody and they were told you have to fill in the form

No forms at this branch so you will have to get one off the website!!!!

WHEN IS THIS OUTFIT GOING TO WAKE UP????

I think before it was a nice to have , but giving the AML coming in that should bring some consistency to it because the government will be demanding it

Unfortunately the NZRB doesn't understand the meaning of the word consistency. 

Hope this helps its information the TAB should have told us.

It does help Boss Hogg but sad to see that you are doing unpaid customer service information on their behalf. Once upon a good time the TAB worked to service the NZ Racing Industry and now the NZ Racing Industry is working to service the incomes of overpaid management with near on zero wagering and racing industry knowledge and experience. They are running the arm of the Industry to drive revenue and income to Clubs. You wouldn't have them running your bath, they would turn the taps on not put the plug in to stop the draining and wonder after 10 minutes why its empty. 

So a grown man has to take a selfie with a sign saying PUT ME IN THE GAME

Boss Hogg you were taking the piss weren't you? I didn't set my camera up so couldn't If I wanted to progress without taking a photo but I never saw where it saId 'Put me in the game' on a note.