poundforpound

How y’all looking now

40 posts in this topic

All you dickheads like de Lore who claimed the Messara report was the panacea for racing......you need a shovel to get that fucking omelette off your faces you naive gullible ignorant dickheads ?

Just asking, because I like to help people with special needs 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12240693

So Avondale club say's no sale. fair enough, I think the track is needed, but they propose to build a new Grandstand, why? no one attends a meeting unless it's a glamour meet of fashion and whatever.  Smaller model perhaps required? Unless they incorporate it with the birdcage area and needed facilities? I doubt anyone will be able to force a sale in any case.

Did they say they would build a new one or just knock the old eyesore down ?     As a member would be dead set against that folly, for the crowds they get now,  the member's stand and owners and trainers are open to all and  suffice.

I don't think the stance by the Avondale committee comes as any surprise to most as the Club made it's thoughts on the sale of the venue very clear once the Report was released.

The only way the Messara report was going to be the total solution to all of the Industry's problems was if it came with a magic wand.  The bottom line is the Industry is in a dire position compared to 30 years ago and needed to be re-evaluated. How do you think the Industry will be looking in 30 years time if drastic steps are not taken, it would be lucky to last another 10 years.

Messara likes helping people with special needs also, especially those who require direction, guidance and foresight. The only ignorant dickheads are the ones who for the last 10 years couldn't see what was coming. A sad reflection on the current state of the NZ Racing Industry Administration when an Australian has to cross the ditch to try and put together a plan for recovery. No one wanted to put their hand up to be the bad guy and state the obvious that the Industry can't survive in its current format.     

The recovery plan was needed 10 years ago that's why the Industry is $#@#ed now.  Avondale should sell their land to Disneyland as they are living in a fantasy world. Look at the big picture, racing is just one small pixel in it.

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson

Virtually the jewel in the crown, being Auckland land,  will be interesting  too see how far it gets without the projected $ 200 million from the intended sale.   Now they are forced to admit what we all suspected , that they were on very shaky legal ground to begin with  in regard to grabbing club's  assets.   Can withdraw licences sure, but that is as far as it goes. 

On 6/15/2019 at 10:38 AM, poundforpound said:

All you dickheads like de Lore who claimed the Messara report was the panacea for racing......you need a shovel to get that fucking omelette off your faces you naive gullible ignorant dickheads ?

Just asking, because I like to help people with special needs 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12240693

has anyone ever suggested you have anger management issues?

Maybe it's something of the Nimby (Not In My Back Yard) complex for these clubs? Winston was advised when he was Racing Minister first time around  how to fix the industry and the advice was as follows: (1) Give some decent tax relief to the industry. (2) Reduce the number of racing clubs. (We had something like 80-odd at the time and South Africa had 12).  He did the first but failed to do the second because it wasn't going to be popular politically. And here we are again all these years having come full circle with the industry in the doldrums and Winston decides it's time to reduce the number of clubs.  It all very much looks like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted to me.

25 minutes ago, High Sparrow said:

Maybe it's something of the Nimby (Not In My Back Yard) complex for these clubs? Winston was advised when he was Racing Minister first time around  how to fix the industry and the advice was as follows: (1) Give some decent tax relief to the industry. (2) Reduce the number of racing clubs. (We had something like 80-odd at the time and South Africa had 12).  He did the first but failed to do the second because it wasn't going to be popular politically. And here we are again all these years having come full circle with the industry in the doldrums and Winston decides it's time to reduce the number of clubs.  It all very much looks like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted to me.

I think we have been down this road a few times before but anyway...why should clubs (most of which have been treated very poorly by the industry and in particular the governing body) have to sell up and invest in the Ponzi Scheme that is now NZracing for the sake of a few favoured clubs , to watch those funds be squandered by the same people that have taken racing in NZ to where it is now?

Anyone that takes the M report seriously with regards to the selling up of clubs assets needs to get some fresh air, there was absolutely no analysis done on venues it was yet another report to benefit a favoured few at the expense of many. I could see it generating some support if some decent analysis(with no emotion or typical NZracing style bias) with a plan for the future in mind was done , because if that was the case the recommendations of the M report as to which assets should be sold up or venues raced at would have been vastly different imo.

There are a number of racing clubs in NZ who have squandered away the better years of NZracing for their own selfish interests with no regard to the future that now want yet another leg up to continue to do the same for the foreseeable future.

I applaud the likes of Avondale for taking a stand , they have done nothing wrong and all they want to do is be a racing club but they are not part of the cool kids at the back of the NZ racing bus so they and some others are being exposed to  bullying and a total disregard for their efforts.

15 hours ago, Big Boned said:

They should do a land swap. Build a new course in North Harbour. Auckland will keep growing. Got our biggest city covered.

Why on the shore? All the horses come from south of the bridge plus Auckland traffic would make it more hassle than it's worth.

Hello Mr P4P.

Look here, I am desperate to see racing (which I absolutely love) thrive. It is absolutely thriving for the studs of NZ it seems to me as i attend yearling parades and note the size of these places. Some are 2000 Acres of the finest Waikato , others 1200 acres etc . That's many multiples of 10's of millions of $ in value. So are they doing things right? How are they so wealthy when my horse runs for 10000 $. ---and wins are as scarce as hens teeth too i might add!!.

Now I know little, so put down your simple but serious 10 points to turn NZ racing into the Dubai of the South. I am genuinely interested. Many thanks.

4 hours ago, High Sparrow said:

NIMBYism was what I thought as well... "We have to do something, but we can't close MY local track!!!".

34 minutes ago, Huey said:

Yeah wasn't Te Rapa supposed to sell up a while ago and contribute to a new facility near cambridge?

What's happening with that Cambridge AWT , is it under construction if so does anyone know dates of  first test meeting  ? Never ever are  those 3 AWT  going to get built . Riccarton got no show for one .

I notice the Winter Cup is 100k this year  , it was 100k last year so the stakes increasing don't look too promising at this stage . 

It's going to be a long process, at least we had four races to bet on today before they pulled the pin .

On 6/15/2019 at 2:35 PM, crustyngrizzly said:

Should happen then,but if Avondales stance is echoed by other clubs then Winnie will have problems.

Someone is going to have to bite the bullet

Why should it happen because some Aussie comes over, takes a cursory glance and recommends it?  You are first to go on about a "Nanny State" Crusty

45 minutes ago, bloke said:

Why should it happen because some Aussie comes over, takes a cursory glance and recommends it?  You are first to go on about a "Nanny State" Crusty

I said''it should happen then'' in the context of the Messara report being carried out.

Do i agree with it....50/50

Whatever side you are on,something definetly has to change.