RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ruby

Showgate's Dunedin Cup on Trademe

Where is the Racing Hall of Fame/Museum?

Isn’t everything still packed away in a container or two somewhere, probably deteriorating, especially anything in the form of paintings, photos and books?

A disgrace just like the current idiots in charge of a once great sport/industry!

owner trainer Gordon Thomson from Mosgiel of Show Gate had no children that I'm aware of. i think he remained a single man his entire life, I could be corrected here. I remember him as a quiet man, famous for his carrying a roll of notes with a rubber band holding it together. had some very good horses Middy, NZ cup winner, Sandy all the talent but unsound. Had a top line of brood mares in the south Is which he bred from. Sad to see the cup online, but times go past. Dunedin club should have a look here.

2 hours ago, Insider said:

Where is the Racing Hall of Fame/Museum?

Isn’t everything still packed away in a container or two somewhere, probably deteriorating, especially anything in the form of paintings, photos and books?

A disgrace just like the current idiots in charge of a once great sport/industry!

Liz - there are probably more New Zealanders interested in macrame now! 

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Doesn’t look to be too much Gold in that Cup ! Only sentimental value for some racing enthusiast I would have thought. After all, it’s only the Dunedin Cup !

Only the dunedin cup, I have had a runner in one, and would have loved to win it, lucky you if you have won it before.

20 hours ago, arjay said:

owner trainer Gordon Thomson from Mosgiel of Show Gate had no children that I'm aware of. i think he remained a single man his entire life, I could be corrected here. I remember him as a quiet man, famous for his carrying a roll of notes with a rubber band holding it together. had some very good horses Middy, NZ cup winner, Sandy all the talent but unsound. Had a top line of brood mares in the south Is which he bred from. Sad to see the cup online, but times go past. Dunedin club should have a look here.

It’s an old habit that “rubber band” trick. I still put a rubber band around my roll of notes but I’ve got two problems now. Firstly, they don’t make $1 notes anymore and it’s hard to keep coins together with a rubber band! Secondly, they don’t make rubber bands small enough now for my roll of notes!