RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Thatz David

8 hours ago, Rusty said:

The "animal welfare-lets ban racing brigade" do not need any more ammunition that what they currently have. 

This one and other no-hoper horses "running" around getting a hiding with whips and a severe beating by more competitive (better) horses is just adding more fuel to the fire for the lobbyists. 

I am still waiting for someone from the "leave poor Thatz David alone and gee isn't his trainer great" group to answer my two part question; 

Why does Victoria have a rule whereby horses that reach a certain age are retired and what is the point of this rule? 

They can't, or choose not to answer it.

Either because they don't want to face up to the facts, or they actually have no clue about anything. 

Plenty of no hopers going around as you called them, take them out of fields struggling for numbers already, what will we be left with, I certainly wouldn't put David in the Category,  regardless of his form at that or even if he was retired, think he has won about 16 or races,close to 300k in stakes, be a champ in my eyes if I owned him, but  we do tend to forget a lot of race winners, who may also get a so called beating as you say, or even the 2yr olds who have there brains fried when not mentally or physically ready for racing, and where do most end up,so the anti racing brigade don't only have a 13yr old fella to protest about.

58 minutes ago, Shad said:

Plenty of no hopers going around as you called them, take them out of fields struggling for numbers already, what will we be left with, I certainly wouldn't put David in the Category,  regardless of his form at that or even if he was retired, think he has won about 16 or races,close to 300k in stakes, be a champ in my eyes if I owned him, but  we do tend to forget a lot of race winners, who may also get a so called beating as you say, or even the 2yr olds who have there brains fried when not mentally or physically ready for racing, and where do most end up,so the anti racing brigade don't only have a 13yr old fella to protest about.

Your right on it there , that's another aspect they want gone racing 2 year olds .

Imho California will be the benchmark case , if it goes there and its a very outside  chance the way it's going but a chance non the less it will invigorate the likes of Peta. Santa Anita in a no win situation now . If Del Mar goes well , SA will be looked at as what the hells wrong with your track close it down, if it goes badly at Del Mar they will say what the hells wrong with racing close the lot down.Its becoming quite militant there .

To be fair, I've never been a fan of 2yrold racing, but that's just my opinion,  I have an interest in a modestly bred rising 5yr old, sire leaves stayers, dam won over ground, he has been well feed, broken in and hopefully be mentally and physically developed, if we get to the races the rest will be up to him. You know the odds.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Having watched an exciting free- going jumper win numerous races then lose form, I have felt for a while Thenamesbond is steadily heading towards the same category as TD. Just my opinion though.

Jockey pulled up and looked after him so credit there .

On 6/18/2019 at 8:59 PM, Shad said:

To be fair, I've never been a fan of 2yrold racing, but that's just my opinion,  I have an interest in a modestly bred rising 5yr old, sire leaves stayers, dam won over ground, he has been well feed, broken in and hopefully be mentally and physically developed, if we get to the races the rest will be up to him. You know the odds.

Hope he's by Tavistock..has already left a good hurdler called Gobstopper LOLOL

On 6/17/2019 at 6:19 PM, Red Rum said:

Has stable got any other horses going round at moment to pick up the baton or is TD the only one racing ?

Red Rum Anne Davies has Thatz Daisy running in Race 4 at Wanganui tomorrow. Six unplaced starts so far but will appreciate the Heavy 11 on her home track.

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Red Rum Anne Davies has Thatz Daisy running in Race 4 at Wanganui tomorrow. Six unplaced starts so far but will appreciate the Heavy 11 on her home track.

Might throw couple of coins on ew for insurance just in case . 

On 6/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, bloke said:

He is a NZ Cup Winner and full brother to Werther, Hong Kong Horse Of The year

I think another full sister finished hard in the first Sandown today. Called “Toffee Tongue” (good name being out of Bagalollies), it ran a very close 3rd. Looks alright given it was a first starter.

5 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

They should do a novelty race , a snail , a tortoise , and Thatz Daisy . 1.20 fav would be the tortoise I reckon  , the snail might have a show with decent run though.

• 13-Thatz Daisy-Ronald Stam(47.6L)

A decent days jump racing in Oz and NZ today . Couple things I cannot work out . Thenamesbond looked like it had concrete in its legs again on back of a trial win , pulled up. No mention in stewerds , did they ask connections why it performed poorly off the trial win . Galaxy Star I think it's called in 2200 race . Runs poorly on debut  ,  trainer gets told it needs to trial to satisfaction before next run and is promptly retired . Now its likely   devoid of ability but it seems harsh after 1 one it's back to trials and other horses chug around the arse end regularly with no action and in Bonds case no mention. 

Sometimes I wonder with maidens that perform very poorly and are not competitive, whether they are actually ready to go to the races, to be fair horses must be showing they can run the sectionals to be a least be competitive, admittedly track conditions and other factors on the day can also influence how they perform, have the days of timing sectionals at the track been forgotten by some, if the horse can't be competitive it's a waste of time to the owners trainers, and the punter.

16YO horse defies age to win race...

https://www.punters.com.au/news/watch%3a-16yo-horse-wins-race_181810/

Age is just a number for some, as 16-year-old gelding See Double You showed overnight.

Competing in the Lee Dolan Memorial Handicap Hurdle over 5057m at Roscommon in Ireland, the 'old boy' got the job done at start No.63 - winning by 1L and paying $9.

The Ronan McNally-trained jumper took care of horses comfortably his junior, with Pump Road (7YO) and Humps And Bumps (6YO) filling the minor placings.

Foaled on May 17, 2003, See Double You was a relatively late starter, making his debut as a five-year-old,  before posting an 8L win at Colakilty at his fifth start in May 2008.

In an unusual quirk, six of his eight career wins took place after he ticked into double-digits, including winning first-up as a 15-year-old and winning as a 13YO when ridden by his now-trainer/owner, ex-jockey McNally.

20 minutes ago, Catalano said:

16YO horse defies age to win race...

https://www.punters.com.au/news/watch%3a-16yo-horse-wins-race_181810/

Age is just a number for some, as 16-year-old gelding See Double You showed overnight.

Competing in the Lee Dolan Memorial Handicap Hurdle over 5057m at Roscommon in Ireland, the 'old boy' got the job done at start No.63 - winning by 1L and paying $9.

The Ronan McNally-trained jumper took care of horses comfortably his junior, with Pump Road (7YO) and Humps And Bumps (6YO) filling the minor placings.

Foaled on May 17, 2003, See Double You was a relatively late starter, making his debut as a five-year-old,  before posting an 8L win at Colakilty at his fifth start in May 2008.

In an unusual quirk, six of his eight career wins took place after he ticked into double-digits, including winning first-up as a 15-year-old and winning as a 13YO when ridden by his now-trainer/owner, ex-jockey McNally.

Jock is only few months older than horse.  Of course the big difference between See You Double and Thatz David is odo has bit less on clock, about 100 races less.I see it won at Hexham last September , that track is the king of gut buster tracks , called off at times because of high winds , it up hill a long long way out so that horse is a tough old bugger.

Youngsters compared with Sonny Somers.

12 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Incoherent a 12 year old gelding won today at Roeburne in WA over 1100m in 1.0466.

Not bad for an oldie.

Certainly a tough old  bugger , had a watch of it last night on record  . That was an awful dust cloud they had to run through , worst I've seen in Australia . It on my reverse bucket list that place , barren wasteland by looks of it.