RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Boss Hogg

The good old days

Remember the good old days about six months ago when on a Saturday morning you sprung out of bed and skipped down the hall to the kitchen giving the missus a cuddle and a kiss .Sitting down at the table opening your laptop and spending a couple of hours going thru all the fields .

You get your bacon and eggs while you put your bets together ew bets done multis done doubles done pick6 done ahh life was easy.Outside the kitchen window the birds are cherping in your favorite bottle brush tree boy they sound great .Giving the missus a little kiss goodbye you wonder down to the pub to compare and discuss your bets with your mates .Happy hour is on so a nice jug of Speights and a few bets life it doesnt get much better for an old digger.

Fast forward six months Saturday morning you wake up knowing you have a mission you look down the hall it seems longer and narrower you finally reach the kitchen giving the missus a knowing nod. You circle the table and open laptop to tab,yeap click on buffering click buffering scratching click scroll,scroll on to feilds ,network down please click to restart.Click buffering scroll on and on .

Breakfast arrives, it is muesli, seems that recently my blood pressure has risen sharply and wife says its good for me I can hear those f##*en birds squawking in the bottle brush tree must get the chainsaw out and chop that tree down.Not sure what bets I"ve on decide to watch an episode of Chernobyl to put me into a happier frame of mind to go to pub.

Walking into pub which has changed hands two nice young chaps who have turned it into a craft beer bar,the tab is gone as takings were down and a Kiosk was put in which doesnt work because of technical problems, Im no technician but I think the axe sticking out of the screen after Bluey couldnt get his money out might be the problem.I walk over to the boys table with my handle that looks like horse piss and whiskey chaser.No one is saying much just mumbling about dont think their bets are on ,network down click on and try again .Its not good seeing grown men crying so decide to go home to watch big races from Wellington..Wife is watching boxset of Married and the First one in the sack on the big tv so watch on small tv in kitchen the big race was so close but no photo finish what were the numbers ?Waiting for judges call ,noooo Sweeeeenys burbling on no call Ahhhhh were did it all go wrong I sit with my head in my hands. Thats all I've got to say about that.

1 hour ago, Boss Hogg said:

Remember the good old days about six months ago when on a Saturday morning you sprung out of bed and skipped down the hall to the kitchen giving the missus a cuddle and a kiss .Sitting down at the table opening your laptop and spending a couple of hours going thru all the fields .

You get your bacon and eggs while you put your bets together ew bets done multis done doubles done pick6 done ahh life was easy.Outside the kitchen window the birds are cherping in your favorite bottle brush tree boy they sound great .Giving the missus a little kiss goodbye you wonder down to the pub to compare and discuss your bets with your mates .Happy hour is on so a nice jug of Speights and a few bets life it doesnt get much better for an old digger.

Fast forward six months Saturday morning you wake up knowing you have a mission you look down the hall it seems longer and narrower you finally reach the kitchen giving the missus a knowing nod. You circle the table and open laptop to tab,yeap click on buffering click buffering scratching click scroll,scroll on to feilds ,network down please click to restart.Click buffering scroll on and on .

Breakfast arrives, it is muesli, seems that recently my blood pressure has risen sharply and wife says its good for me I can hear those f##*en birds squawking in the bottle brush tree must get the chainsaw out and chop that tree down.Not sure what bets I"ve on decide to watch an episode of Chernobyl to put me into a happier frame of mind to go to pub.

Walking into pub which has changed hands two nice young chaps who have turned it into a craft beer bar,the tab is gone as takings were down and a Kiosk was put in which doesnt work because of technical problems, Im no technician but I think the axe sticking out of the screen after Bluey couldnt get his money out might be the problem.I walk over to the boys table with my handle that looks like horse piss and whiskey chaser.No one is saying much just mumbling about dont think their bets are on ,network down click on and try again .Its not good seeing grown men crying so decide to go home to watch big races from Wellington..Wife is watching boxset of Married and the First one in the sack on the big tv so watch on small tv in kitchen the big race was so close but no photo finish what were the numbers ?Waiting for judges call ,noooo Sweeeeenys burbling on no call Ahhhhh were did it all go wrong I sit with my head in my hands. Thats all I've got to say about that.

It's better to do the kiss and cuddle before you get up BH....and I've got a spare rope if you need it.....:rcfe-like:

Jesus Christ Boss Hogg you know how to turn someones Sunday into a state of depression yes the good old days, at least we witnessed and enjoyed them.

Muesli for breakfast that the wife says is good for you, get that on tape that's grounds for divorce if you will ever need any reasons. Do yourself a favour feed that crap to the birds and fry up some bacon,eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and chips. Enjoy life blood pressure is like an age just a number which we want to forget when over 50.

I watched this thinking of racing past and had to get my hanky out, the last time i did that was when I was a kid at the movies and watched Bambi's mother get shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqBWLeP9f4#action=share

8 hours ago, gubellini said:

Boss Hogg I am going to nominate you for a Pulitzer Prize!

Gubes, well done on your win with your horse Porshabelle in the first race at Waipa today. Showed more toe than a Roman soldier again and managed to hold them out today. Congrats. :rcfe-like:

Phar Lap Fan; I'm sure you had your tongue in your cheek with your second sentence; BUT everything I have seen from the TAB over the past four years suggests that what Phar Lap Fan jokingly referred to is their actual aim.  That, to me, is quite distressing.  It would take me four pages of closely typed A4 paper to explain that.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:53 PM, rdytdy said:

Gubes, well done on your win with your horse Porshabelle in the first race at Waipa today. Showed more toe than a Roman soldier again and managed to hold them out today. Congrats. :rcfe-like:

Thanks very much Ted. Yes great ride by Trudy Thornton.