eljay

Inca

53 posts in this topic

Further deferred - is it surprising?     Hell no!     What do they charge?       $200 plus an hour?      Any kid that says he wants to be a fireman or an astronaut when he grows up is a misguided fool -  law is the big word these days!!          :rcf-rich-1:

5 hours ago, eljay said:

Further deferred - is it surprising?     Hell no!     What do they charge?       $200 plus an hour?      Any kid that says he wants to be a fireman or an astronaut when he grows up is a misguided fool -  law is the big word these days!!          :rcf-rich-1:

More like a min of $500 + gst an hour for this type of thing .

7 hours ago, eljay said:

Pretty sure some legal bills upto and including first appearance were north of 15K

13 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Disclosure is still filtering through so it seems most likely prosecutors.

Would these deferments be happening if they had evidence in spades, as some have suggested ?

1 hour ago, lamour said:

Would these deferments be happening if they had evidence in spades, as some have suggested ?

I am sure they don't lack quantity. The quality will be the issue and they might have been confident someone would jump ship well before now.

The cops must be running scared. So much money and time spent and they can't even produce enough evidence to present a case at court. Heads should roll after this debacle. The sad thing is that peoples names and reputations have been unfairly dragged through the muck and the image of Harness Racing has suffered irreperable damage

18 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Disclosure is still filtering through so it seems most likely prosecutors.

Not what was said on Peter Earley's show on Wednesday.

43 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

You’re all wrong according to my impeccable sources 

You mean no hearing on 12th August?  Has it been delayed again?

13 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Yes, or so I was advised today and I’m in the loop

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised given the number of delays already.  Makes me wonder if it will ever advance to the trial stage.

2 minutes ago, lamour said:

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised given the number of delays already.  Makes me wonder if it will ever advance to the trial stage.

Some are progressing ......Plod is screwing the scrum and changing the charges on others, presumably because they’re weak and almost certainly won’t get a conviction. 

I promise you, when this is over I’ll publish some of the evidence here and show you exactly how fucking think the RIU is, Grimstone may as well be carved out of wood he’s so fucking thick, and the appalling advice they’re giving Plod as the equally stupid Police try to retro fit charges that “might” stick based on how you interpret the evidence .....

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

......Plod is screwing the scrum and changing the charges on others, 

Isn't that what some of us have been predicting from the start? Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Still.if there is no evidence of any guilt, as you keep telling us, then those involved will no doubt continue to plead not guilty to the fresh charges.

9 hours ago, what a post said:

Isn't that what some of us have been predicting from the start? Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Still.if there is no evidence of any guilt, as you keep telling us, then those involved will no doubt continue to plead not guilty to the fresh charges.

Not sure I’ve said that, I’ve only read 500 pages of evidence, I’m reliably informed there’s about 5000 pages out there across all those charged.

I do know that many charges are orchestrated, that’s a fact and that will be proved in court in good time.

I am currently on the sidelines as an extended victim, this is what we are learning. Deferred has many meanings. Gathering evidence and most of all giving the person charged every opportunity to plead guilty. It turns out that a not guilty plea means hundreds of hours of negotiation between the prosecutor, the defence barrister and the person charged.  A deferment gives the person charged this opportunity, no matter the cost to victims.