RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Inca

Further deferred - is it surprising?     Hell no!     What do they charge?       $200 plus an hour?      Any kid that says he wants to be a fireman or an astronaut when he grows up is a misguided fool -  law is the big word these days!!          :rcf-rich-1:

5 hours ago, eljay said:

Further deferred - is it surprising?     Hell no!     What do they charge?       $200 plus an hour?      Any kid that says he wants to be a fireman or an astronaut when he grows up is a misguided fool -  law is the big word these days!!          :rcf-rich-1:

More like a min of $500 + gst an hour for this type of thing .

7 hours ago, eljay said:

Pretty sure some legal bills upto and including first appearance were north of 15K

1 hour ago, lamour said:

Would these deferments be happening if they had evidence in spades, as some have suggested ?

I am sure they don't lack quantity. The quality will be the issue and they might have been confident someone would jump ship well before now.

The cops must be running scared. So much money and time spent and they can't even produce enough evidence to present a case at court. Heads should roll after this debacle. The sad thing is that peoples names and reputations have been unfairly dragged through the muck and the image of Harness Racing has suffered irreperable damage

13 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Yes, or so I was advised today and I’m in the loop

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised given the number of delays already.  Makes me wonder if it will ever advance to the trial stage.

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

......Plod is screwing the scrum and changing the charges on others, 

Isn't that what some of us have been predicting from the start? Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Still.if there is no evidence of any guilt, as you keep telling us, then those involved will no doubt continue to plead not guilty to the fresh charges.

I am currently on the sidelines as an extended victim, this is what we are learning. Deferred has many meanings. Gathering evidence and most of all giving the person charged every opportunity to plead guilty. It turns out that a not guilty plea means hundreds of hours of negotiation between the prosecutor, the defence barrister and the person charged.  A deferment gives the person charged this opportunity, no matter the cost to victims.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

If your industry and drivers / trainers association had any guts you’d all strike if any person found not guilty in a court of Law, or has all charges dropped, is charged again in front of the JCA.....and the sooner you get organized to strike until Grimstone and Cruickshank are gone the better, they’re a blight on the industry 

Or those within the industry could reflect on how this all came about. Reflect on how past similar behavior in previous decades has led those currently involved to believe there are no consequences. Reflect on what is right and wrong, what examples they want to set for the current crop of young people trying to make a living within the industry.

Instead of directing your frustration towards authorities who enforce the rules, use that frustration to put in place an ongoing, plan ,once this is all over, to support those currently charged which would address the financial and mental health  issues that all would suffer from to varying degrees. There has to be support networks established for each and everyone of those charged,. You have to have a plan b if some charges are proven.

I hope once these cases  have been finalized that you use your undoubted skills and focus on how  you can help those involved, which I do believe is your goal. It can't be all about revenge.

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Lost a few bob on the punt have we ......bitter and twisted shit you’re talking ....

I've spoken to your doctor and I asked him if you suffered from insanity. He told me No,you seem to enjoy it.