MrBigStuff

Race caller rumours

27 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Cyril Rioli said:

Teaz stated in The Informant a while ago that he wasn’t keen to keep travelling to Otago for too much longer

You can hardly blame him. Must be bloody expensive flying in and out of Dunedin all the time, and he gets to call some pretty ordinary stuff most the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No openings on the big circuit Dave all have been freshly filled over the last 3 years or so : may be a circuit caller in provincial NSW.

One day he will land VRC  or Sydney but probably 10 years away, but will get there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

It is amazing how the SI was ever lucky enough to attract someone like Mark. I suppose we could always try to lure that lad back from HK, who has done quite well for someone who wasn't good enough for us previously.

Why would he want to come back...he is doing great up there....In NZ they didn't give a shot at all...their loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

It is amazing how the SI was ever lucky enough to attract someone like Mark. I suppose we could always try to lure that lad back from HK, who has done quite well for someone who wasn't good enough for us previously.

 

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Why would he want to come back...he is doing great up there....In NZ they didn't give a shot at all...their loss.

Exactly! When he’s probably earning close to $200k kiwi why would you take a step backwards from a position like he is in?

From what I have heard on the tv he seems to be doing exceptionally well so good on him.

Hope Mark Mac isn’t leaving!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

It is amazing how the SI was ever lucky enough to attract someone like Mark. I suppose we could always try to lure that lad back from HK, who has done quite well for someone who wasn't good enough for us previously.

You’re not serious are you? Why on earth would he want to leave the HKJC for NZ? Why go backwards when you’ve made the forward move? Next thing you’ll be suggesting Chris Waller return to Awapuni ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, puha said:

Give Matt Cross the gig. Great voice young and plenty of enthusiasm.

Easily would rate Matt Cross No.1 in New Zealand. Should really be successor to George Simon but I get the impression powers that be and George keeping the seat warm for Tom Wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Easily would rate Matt Cross No.1 in New Zealand. Should really be successor to George Simon but I get the impression powers that be and George keeping the seat warm for Tom Wood.

Would he want to return? No disrespect to Ellerslie but I’m picking commentating at Happy Valley & Sha Tin is more of a draw card 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Would he want to return? No disrespect to Ellerslie but I’m picking commentating at Happy Valley & Sha Tin is more of a draw card 

In between the tear gas drops.:rcf-sick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GOM said:

Jason T's father Basil died Tuesday. Commiserations to you and yours Jason, I am sure the racecafe familys' thoughts are with you

I seem to recall Basil training a few out of Te Awamutu and his wife use to to ride them trackwork.

From memory Basil was a  scrap merchant dealer in the days of big demand from overseas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Mark Mac came from Australia originally, so it wouldn't be a total surprise if he went back. Alpine Fault being due and all....:rolleyes:

 

Edited by Pegasus 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now