RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

Race caller rumours

33 minutes ago, Cyril Rioli said:

Teaz stated in The Informant a while ago that he wasn’t keen to keep travelling to Otago for too much longer

You can hardly blame him. Must be bloody expensive flying in and out of Dunedin all the time, and he gets to call some pretty ordinary stuff most the time.

No openings on the big circuit Dave all have been freshly filled over the last 3 years or so : may be a circuit caller in provincial NSW.

One day he will land VRC  or Sydney but probably 10 years away, but will get there

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

It is amazing how the SI was ever lucky enough to attract someone like Mark. I suppose we could always try to lure that lad back from HK, who has done quite well for someone who wasn't good enough for us previously.

Why would he want to come back...he is doing great up there....In NZ they didn't give a shot at all...their loss.

3 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

It is amazing how the SI was ever lucky enough to attract someone like Mark. I suppose we could always try to lure that lad back from HK, who has done quite well for someone who wasn't good enough for us previously.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Why would he want to come back...he is doing great up there....In NZ they didn't give a shot at all...their loss.

Exactly! When he’s probably earning close to $200k kiwi why would you take a step backwards from a position like he is in?

From what I have heard on the tv he seems to be doing exceptionally well so good on him.

Hope Mark Mac isn’t leaving!

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

You’re not serious are you? Why on earth would he want to leave the HKJC for NZ? Why go backwards when you’ve made the forward move? Next thing you’ll be suggesting Chris Waller return to Awapuni ? 

16 minutes ago, puha said:

Give Matt Cross the gig. Great voice young and plenty of enthusiasm.

Easily would rate Matt Cross No.1 in New Zealand. Should really be successor to George Simon but I get the impression powers that be and George keeping the seat warm for Tom Wood.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Easily would rate Matt Cross No.1 in New Zealand. Should really be successor to George Simon but I get the impression powers that be and George keeping the seat warm for Tom Wood.

Would he want to return? No disrespect to Ellerslie but I’m picking commentating at Happy Valley & Sha Tin is more of a draw card 

37 minutes ago, GOM said:

Jason T's father Basil died Tuesday. Commiserations to you and yours Jason, I am sure the racecafe familys' thoughts are with you

I seem to recall Basil training a few out of Te Awamutu and his wife use to to ride them trackwork.

From memory Basil was a  scrap merchant dealer in the days of big demand from overseas.

Hats off to Jason Teaz calling the greyhound meeting on Tues , only hours out from finding out his Dad had just passed away. Hercurlean effort.

Basil was a real character and I stand to be corrected but I reckon every horse Basil and Helen took to the races was a winner.

RIP Basil