RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

RIP Lord Arthur

Yes you go into a Group One with a contender and come home without your horse. Must be shattering 

A mate of mine had the Fav in the Brisbane Cup when it was a Group One and it didn’t finish the course and was put down. Hard to stomach when others have caused the problem. 

4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Was he poleaxed or was it something to do with weary bones after a long campaign? Was there a sign after his dismal previous run something wasn't right? Just questions. If another jockey

was responsible then OUT.

Long campaign...he was only having his tenth race day start in the race, there will twelve others in the race who had had more and four who had the same number as Lord Arthur.  

You obviously didn't watch the race otherwise you would have seen the carnage that caused him to fall. :rcf-sad-10: 

58 minutes ago, barryb said:

So what do you reckon Bazza? Depressing watch for sure, you had a weakening horse moving out a touch another trying to find a gap directly inside and Tommy Berry coming across from his outside which ultimately turned things for the worse.I see Corey Brown underwent spinal surgery as a result of the fall . Awful

5 hours ago, Gruff said:

So what do you reckon Bazza? Depressing watch for sure, you had a weakening horse moving out a touch another trying to find a gap directly inside and Tommy Berry coming across from his outside which ultimately turned things for the worse.I see Corey Brown underwent spinal surgery as a result of the fall . Awful

It looked like typical tight aggressive Aussie group1 Racing, however Berry did move in significantly when not clear and his actions had catastrophic consequences, do the consequences change the penalty I guess is the question?. If it does then he should get an extended break as a deterrent to others.

Iooked quite similar to the Campari / comeback tiger interference at Ellerslie, the difference being there wasn’t the horse weakening in front creating less room.Collectively these three factors together created the tragedy where Brown had now where to go, and removing one may of seen just your typical interference. I say Typical because for the most part Horses that seem to swoop and get the early ascendency tend to lay in,Super impose in the Cox plate is another that springs to mind ,in saying that the way Tommy was jumping up and down on his mount he would of been hard pressed to keep it straight? Severity will boil down to What Corey Brown has to say one would guess?

Can you reprimand a rider when his horse runs out under pressure? Matt Mcgillivray looks as much a victim as Corey Brown ,even though he did shift out  trying to find a gap the crowding only occurred after Tim Clark’s horse came across, so Tommy is going to be the other loser in all this unfortunately . Tough game, easy to point the finger but if the players changed you may have still ended up with a similar negative result

29 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Can you reprimand a rider when his horse runs out under pressure? Matt Mcgillivray looks as much a victim as Corey Brown ,even though he did shift out  trying to find a gap the crowding only occurred after Tim Clark’s horse came across, so Tommy is going to be the other loser in all this unfortunately . Tough game, easy to point the finger but if the players changed you may have still ended up with a similar negative result

No Gruff the ones who are paying are the owners of LA and Corey Brown...so someone is at fault...and yes they deserve to have the book thrown at them.Not nice to go into a race and come out of without a very promising horse ...JMO

9 hours ago, Pegasus 9 said:

Corey Brown told he is very very lucky to be walking again and may have 12 months out possibly.  How long will the jockeys who caused this get?

He’s given his fair share of dangerous situations for fellow riders, so for me, it’s a classic case of Karma. I wish him a speedy recovery all the same.