RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

Only

Tonight I saw the interview with Acting CEO of Alexandra Park.

IMO it is disgraceful accounting to go from 30 million profit to an expected loss of 20 million (after selling outside properties)

Yes there maybe a Government intervention to keep going in long run but why?

I personally wasn't impressed with naming someone with rumour mongering when what he has said is just information he has been told and reported it as is.( I follow on Twitter as I do the interviewer)

I'm a member of Forbury Park and unfortunately due to having to work Thursday evenings I'm rarely out there but I believe if the NZRB want harness racing in Dunedin we have to get some new dates....Saturday day or night or Sunday. NZ meetings must get Australian benefits if we race Saturday evenings as at  the moment they'd be uncommingled.

There debt is bad enough but nothing to that of ATC.

Regards,

Craig F.

24 minutes ago, craigosz said:

Tonight I saw the interview with Acting CEO of Alexandra Park.

IMO it is disgraceful accounting to go from 30 million profit to an expected loss of 20 million (after selling outside properties)

Yes there maybe a Government intervention to keep going in long run but why?

I personally wasn't impressed with naming someone with rumour mongering when what he has said is just information he has been told and reported it as is.( I follow on Twitter as I do the interviewer)

I'm a member of Forbury Park and unfortunately due to having to work Thursday evenings I'm rarely out there but I believe if the NZRB want harness racing in Dunedin we have to get some new dates....Saturday day or night or Sunday. NZ meetings must get Australian benefits if we race Saturday evenings as at  the moment they'd be uncommingled.

There debt is bad enough but nothing to that of ATC.

Regards,

Craig F.

Getting worse Craig. Problem was the previous CEO seemed more interested in running a trendy lifestyle village than a racing club. Plenty of rumours about how this development got started, who was involved and why, but whatever the truth they were clearly out of their depth in this industry and we are seeing the results of that play out now.

Always amazes me that Racing Clubs seem to employ people with no idea or experience about the industry and I see Forbury have done it again recently. I spoke to a few of the people like Woody and Co when I was down there years ago and gave them some ideas to move things forward, but nothing seemed to change, hence the current situation.

Dave you're so right with regards to Forbury 

One of my mates was on the committee for a year was relatively new to harness racing but had had quite a bit of success in ownership & was a successful farmer.........he put a few ideas to the committee and quite frankly was told to F/O.

When I was last out there I grabbed a sausage and bread in the members area and the eyes staring at me was like who the fk are you!!

I've most probably been going there longer than most.

19 hours ago, craigosz said:

Dave you're so right with regards to Forbury 

One of my mates was on the committee for a year was relatively new to harness racing but had had quite a bit of success in ownership & was a successful farmer.........he put a few ideas to the committee and quite frankly was told to F/O.

When I was last out there I grabbed a sausage and bread in the members area and the eyes staring at me was like who the fk are you!!

I've most probably been going there longer than most.

Can relate to that Craig...went there one night with John Carlyle and a few others and the Members area was like a mausoleum, and the food was both basic and tasteless....fortunately it ran out early on. The appeal of membership was hard to work out.......:rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, Value Bell said:

Ohokaman, Are you still in contact with John? I worked with John at the Evening Star newspaper in 1966 & 67. Roger Soroka was also working with us. Roger trained a few winners for himself.

Worked with John at Cadbury VB, haven't seen him for some time. Presume he is still living in Mosgiel.

53 minutes ago, craigosz said:

He was President of Otago Greyhound RC fpr sometime not sure if he still is.

The firm I  work for  use to print the Cadbury wrappers and John was the contact man.

Still is I think Craig. He was Marketing Services Manager for 30 odd years at Cadbury. We wasted our time down there.