RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a Racecafe Quiz. I thought I would relate it to South Island Racing, just to test people's knowledge of Southern Racing before it closes down for good.

Ten quick, really easy questions. See who is first to get them all correct.

1. Name the South Island's premier group race for 2yos.

2. Name the SI's major 2yo race over 1,400m.

3. Name the SI's feature race for 2yo fillies.

4. Name the feature 2yo race on either Dunedin Gold Cup day or Invercargill Cup day.

5. Name the SI's premier black type race open to all 3yos over 1,200m

6. Name the SI's premier black type race open to all 3yos over 2,000m or further.

7. Name the feature jumps race at Riccarton outside of Grand National Week.

8. Name the feature WFA race open to both sexes in Canterbury.

9. Timaru has 7 or 8 meetings a year, including the $50,000 Timaru Cup, list the total number of Saturday meetings at Timaru and the total number of feature meetings at Timaru with the $22,500 minimum

10. Three of the greatest horses to come out of the SI are Phar Lap. Grey Way and Showgate. List all of the feature races named after those three champions in the SI.

Hopefully this isn't too hard for those with a working knowledge of the SI. All current too, no historical questions. See how long it takes everyone.

21 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I get the point but having a crack at the industry down here gets us nowhere ....  I could just as easily point out problems up North

Quite right Col....it is generally considered that the CD is in an even more miserable state than we are...

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I thought it might be a good idea to have a Racecafe Quiz. I thought I would relate it to South Island Racing, just to test people's knowledge of Southern Racing before it closes down for good.

1. Name the South Island's premier group race for 2yos.

2. Name the SI's major 2yo race over 1,400m.

3. Name the SI's feature race for 2yo fillies.

4. Name the feature 2yo race on either Dunedin Gold Cup day or Invercargill Cup day.

5. Name the SI's premier black type race open to all 3yos over 1,200m

6. Name the SI's premier black type race open to all 3yos over 2,000m or further.

7. Name the feature jumps race at Riccarton outside of Grand National Week.

8. Name the feature WFA race open to both sexes in Canterbury.

9. Timaru has 7 or 8 meetings a year, including the $50,000 Timaru Cup, list the total number of Saturday meetings at Timaru and the total number of feature meetings at Timaru with the $22,500 minimum

10. Three of the greatest horses to come out of the SI are Phar Lap. Grey Way and Showgate. List all of the feature races named after those three champions in the SI.

Hopefully this isn't too hard for those with a working knowledge of the SI. All current too, no historical questions. See how long it takes everyone.

Dodecahedron will have a crack 'cause the Cubemeister is a tad busy.....

1 . Peterson Bracelet ?

2 . Hmmm...

3 . See 1 Above

4 . Hmmm...

5 . Guineas (Cubes was there !)

6. Warstep or somesuch ?

7 . Trick Question

8 . Mrs Cubes actually has a story about this...

9 . Not many

10 . Not many

And if any ''Cafer out there in Racecafeland gives a flyiny toss , we own an unraced 2yo right here in sunny Canterbury , SI , NZ.....

47 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

Quite right Col....it is generally considered that the CD is in an even more miserable state than we are...

There seems plenty of horses in Canterbury  by looking at entries , admittedly at lower end of ability scale but still plenty of horses .That at least gives some hope for future although people must get fed up waiting endlessly to get a run  while still paying bills .

8 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

1. Name the South Island's premier group race for 2yos. Speights 2yo

2. Name the SI's major 2yo race over 1,400m. Speights 2yo 1400m

3. Name the SI's feature race for 2yo fillies. Speights 2yo Fillies Feature

4. Name the feature 2yo race on either Dunedin Gold Cup day or Invercargill Cup day. Speights cup day 2yo

5. Name the SI's premier black type race open to all 3yos over 1,200m Speights 3yo 1200m

6. Name the SI's premier black type race open to all 3yos over 2,000m or further. Speights 3yo 2000m

7. Name the feature jumps race at Riccarton outside of Grand National Week. Speights Steeplechase

8. Name the feature WFA race open to both sexes in Canterbury. Speights Canterbury WFA

9. Timaru has 7 or 8 meetings a year, including the $50,000 Timaru Cup, list the total number of Saturday meetings at Timaru and the total number of feature meetings at Timaru with the $22,500 minimum too many Speights ;)

10. Three of the greatest horses to come out of the SI are Phar Lap. Grey Way and Showgate. List all of the feature races named after those three champions in the SI. Speights Phar Lap, Speights Grey Way and Speights Showgate