RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

TAB MONEY BACK MADNESS PROMO

I'd like to see this promotion used more often...say at all meetings and maybe add the last two races as well. This may get punters investing all day! :rcf-in-love:
Currently an online only maximum $30 Win bet cashback is refunded if your selection finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th on the first two nominated races of a meeting selected by the TAB.

Maybe increase this to $50.?

This I'm sure can only increase turnover for the TAB.
I for one know this promo has increased my turnover! I have never placed as many bets in a 6 week period ever as I have this past month and half! :rcf-shocked-5:
Well Done TAB I'm guessing this was your intention. :rcf-thinking-1:

Good to see a TAB initiative working for once! :rcfe-like:

Same I’ve been betting on first 2 races at each meeting on a Saturday to try and build a kitty for the rest of the day .Dont mind if I lose as I’ve bern given a decent chance to either win or break even .Also bet on all cricket games so far for similar reasons .

I'm not clear on what you are saying Puha. Are you saying you are betting on the first two races at each meeting?  ie 2 meetings then betting on four races? 

I believe you only get one shot at it Puha and that being the first particular race that qualifies that you have a bet on. If for example your first bet placed was Ellerslie R2 then that is the race that is applied to your account. After that bet any other bets placed on the bonus races named don't qualify for a refund of up to $30.00.       

42 minutes ago, Basil brush said:

Ted ,Ithink it means you can only back one horse in each race.I have been paid out on several races.

I read it the same way as Ted but will have to have another read. 

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

I'm not clear on what you are saying Puha. Are you saying you are betting on the first two races at each meeting?  ie 2 meetings then betting on four races? 

I believe you only get one shot at it Puha and that being the first particular race that qualifies that you have a bet on. If for example your first bet placed was Ellerslie R2 then that is the race that is applied to your account. After that bet any other bets placed on the bonus races named don't qualify for a refund of up to $30.00.       

No you can bet on all qualifying races  which are advertised and your first on that particular race is the one that is relevant up to the $30 stake .So on Saturday just been you could of had 6 $30 bets on the 3 meetings that were used.The Jewels,Doomben and Ellerslie .

21 minutes ago, puha said:

No you can bet on all qualifying races  which are advertised and your first on that particular race is the one that is relevant up to the $30 stake .So on Saturday just been you could of had 6 $30 bets on the 3 meetings that were used.The Jewels,Doomben and Ellerslie .

Correct. 

It clearly stated in the advert the word "and", when mentioning race 1 AND 2 on selected meetings. 

Great concept (although nothing new) and pretty generous for this lot! 

Just have to be careful, as it goes on your first win bet (tote or FF) placed, for each dedicated race. 

44 minutes ago, puha said:

Cheers. I had listened to it being discussed on one of Des's Sunday shows and callers were saying they were only getting one refund. Hence I have been pretty particular which race to place my first bet in. :)

Yip all races advertised, have been paid out on multiples, my turnover at the TAB had gone up tenfold.    Usually take any winnings and reinvest as well, so a winner for the TAB.

Although i reckon I might have hit a record this past weekend, in the 8 available races, i only got one horse in the top 4.

THIS WEEKS NOMINATED RACES: PLACE A MAXIMUM $30 WIN BET (FIXED or TOTE) AND GET A FULL REFUND IF YOUR SELECTION RUNS 2ND, 3RD or 4TH. :wub:

Money Back Madness Thoroughbred Offer

Place a Win bet on Race 1 or Race 2 at selected Thoroughbred meetings this week and if your runner finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th we'll give you your money back (up to $30). See below for T&Cs.

Friday 7 June
2:50pm: Race 1 at Swan Hill Races
3:20pm: Race 2 at Swan Hill Races

Saturday 8 June
12:12pm: Race 1 at Te Rapa Races
12:45pm: Race 2 at Te Rapa Races

11:55am: Race 1 at Trentham Races
12:28pm: Race 2 at Trentham Races

1:10pm: Race 1 at Eagle Farm Races
1:45pm: Race 2 at Eagle Farm Races

Money Back Madness Harness Offer

Place a Win bet on Race 1 or Race 2 at selected Harness meetings this week and if your runner finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th we'll give you your money back (up to $30). See below for T&Cs.

Thursday 6 June
5:39pm: Race 1 at Cambridge Harness
6:04pm: Race 2 at Cambridge Harness

Friday 7 June
6:03pm: Race 1 at Alexandra Park Harness
6:29pm: Race 2 at Alexandra Park Harness

Money Back Madness Greyhound Offer

Place a Win bet on Race 1 or Race 2 at selected Greyhound meetings this week and if your runner finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th we'll give you your money back (up to $30). See below for T&Cs.

Thursday 6 June
4:18pm: Race 1 at Addington Dogs
4:35pm: Race 2 at Addington Dogs

Friday 7 June
4:55pm: Race 1 at Wanganui Dogs
5:16pm: Race 2 at Wanganui Dogs

Money Back Madness Terms And Conditions

Racing Money Back Refund Promotion

1. Place a Tote Win or Final Field Win bet (a “Win Bet”) through your TAB Account on Race 1 or Race 2 at Cambridge Harness, or Race 1 or Race 2 at Addington Dogs on Thursday 6 June, Race 1 or Race 2 at Alexandra Park Harness, Race 1 or Race 2 at Wanganui Dogs, or Race 1 or Race 2 at Swan Hill Races on Friday 7 June, Race 1 or Race 2 at Te Rapa Races, Race 1 or Race 2 at Trentham Races, or Race 1 or Race 2 at Eagle Farm Races on Saturday 8 June 2019 (a “Qualifying Race”) and if your bet finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th, the TAB will refund your bet (a “Promotion Refund”), up to a maximum of $30 (the “Maximum Amount”). Promotion Refunds will be determined by the confirmed result (following any protest).
  2. This Promotion applies to an Account Holder's first Win Bet (as recorded against the TAB's computer) on a Qualifying Race only (a “Qualifying Bet”). Subsequent bets on the Qualifying Race will not be considered a Qualifying Bet and will not eligible for the Promotion. An Account Holder may only receive one (1) Promotion Refund (if any) for each Qualifying Race.
  3. Where an Account Holder’s first Win bet is included in an Each Way bet, the Qualifying Bet will be determined by taking the Win portion of the bet as if it was a single Win Bet.
  4. Only Qualifying Bets placed through the Account Holder's TAB Account will be eligible for this Promotion. Bets placed via a manned terminal or self-service terminal will not be eligible.  
  5. Multi bets, All-Up/Poker Bets, Bonus Bets, bets that are Cashed Out and bets placed through Filebet, are not eligible for this Promotion.
  6. If an Account Holder is eligible for a Promotion Refund (because their Qualifying Bet has finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th in a Qualifying Race), TAB will pay the Promotion Refund in the amount of the Qualifying Bet or in the amount of the Maximum Amount, whichever is the lower. No Promotion Refund will exceed the Maximum Amount. Promotion Refunds will be paid to the Account Holder’s TAB account within 24 hours of the completion of the Qualifying Race.
  7. TAB may, without limitation, withdraw an Account Holder's eligibility for this Promotion at any time, cancel this Promotion without notice, or amend these terms and conditions without notice.
  8. An excluded customer of the NZRB (being a customer who has self-excluded from the NZRB’s products, as well as any customer who has been excluded by the NZRB) is also not eligible for this Promotion.
  9. All Qualifying Bets, and bets made with Promotion Refunds, are subject to TAB betting rules.
  10. Promotion only available on Thursday 6 June, Friday 7 June and Saturday 8 June 2019.

I wonder how much effect these promotions have on TABs. I usually don't bet online as I rather go into the TAB and bet in there. But last couple of weeks I have been betting online instead. I wonder how many others have done the same. Also been enjoying being able to withdraw winnings straight into bank account. 

Maybe this is what they want, TAB's to close. 

I am a bit interested how these promotions are treated accounting wise.

Do they impact on the sports profits, racing profits or overall profits.

Speaking of accounting is it reasonable to assume the delay in website corrections has something to do with the accounting period these expenses are charged to?

I got a text message yesterday to tell me they had loaded my TAB account with a $20 bonus bet to use by tomorrow but how do I use it, it hasn't been credited to my account so is there some other place where I need to go or do I need to deposit funds to receive the bonus?   

Hi Maria,if you place a bet it should be at the bottom of the bet slip.You click on bonus bet and it will be there.They take the bonus bet amount out of the return.Hope this helps