RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nasrullah

2019 New Season stallions final!

2019 New Season stallions

Roaring Lion by Kitten's Joy 

Timeform Rated 130.  Service Fee $35,000 +GST

Staphanos by Deep Impact

Timeform Rated 123.   Service fee $7,000+GST

Summer Passage by Snitzel

Timeform Rated 117. Service Fee $8,000+GST

Jon Snow by Ifraaj

Timeform Rated 117. Service fee $6,000+GST

Embellish by Savabeel

Timeform Rated 107. Service fee $5,000+GST

Howard Be Thy Name by Redoute's Choice

Timeform 106. Service fee $5,000+GST

Ardrossan by Redoute's Choice

Timeform Rated 99. Service fee $8,000+GST

•  
  •  

10 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Staphanos by Deep Impact

Timeform Rated 123.   Service fee $7,000+GST

LOOKS THE BEST VALUE OF THE NEW SIRES? :rcf-thinking-1:

Embellish best value for mine, bloodlines that are proven to work in NZ, do the Timeform ratings matter that much when selecting a mating? 

Will be interesting to see how Deep Impact works down under looks to be a sireline you need to wait for?

8 hours ago, Huey said:

Embellish best value for mine, bloodlines that are proven to work in NZ, do the Timeform ratings matter that much when selecting a mating? 

Will be interesting to see how Deep Impact works down under looks to be a sireline you need to wait for?

While I agree with Huey a stallion can come out of anywhere I see a high Timeform as an insurance policy on a few fronts and agree with Baz on value..

1. A 120+ Timeform is a serious racehorse and you hope they pass on that ability. An example of the leading top 20 sires on the current Australian sires list. My quick calculation is that 19 of the top 20 were Timeform 120+ as racehorses. Possibly only I Am Invincible under Timeform 120. 

2. If you are breeding to sell then the ability of that stallion as a racehorse will be a factor in which level sale the progeny are accepted in.

Plus market perception and demand will only grow with the Deep Impact's Saxon Warrior to Coolmore Australia and Real Steel, Mikki Isle to Messara at Arrowfield. 

In Japan Deep Impact had 47 individual 2yo winners last season alone. That is alot of 2yo winners.

I see Deep Impact has sired the quinella in the Derby and Oaks this year so you know he is a classic sire.

1 hour ago, Nasrullah said:

While I agree with Huey a stallion can come out of anywhere I see a high Timeform as an insurance policy on a few fronts and agree with Baz on value..

1. A 120+ Timeform is a serious racehorse and you hope they pass on that ability. An example of the leading top 20 sires on the current Australian sires list. My quick calculation is that 19 of the top 20 were Timeform 120+ as racehorses. Possibly only I Am Invincible under Timeform 120. 

2. If you are breeding to sell then the ability of that stallion as a racehorse will be a factor in which level sale the progeny are accepted in.

Plus market perception and demand will only grow with the Deep Impact's Saxon Warrior to Coolmore Australia and Real Steel, Mikki Isle to Messara at Arrowfield. 

In Japan Deep Impact had 47 individual 2yo winners last season alone. That is alot of 2yo winners.

I see Deep Impact has sired the quinella in the Derby and Oaks this year so you know he is a classic sire.

1. Fair enough but there are just countless examples of that insurance policy not doing its job and the opposite occurring. Zacinto and Per Incanto not sure if they had particularly high TF ratings but are doing a pretty good job locally. 

2. Do you think the Deep Impact line will be competitive 2yos in Aus.? By this I mean competitive in Melbourne and Sydney before the end of April? I just see the Aus 2yo as a completely different type to that racing anywhere else including what we produce here locally.

44 minutes ago, Huey said:

1. Fair enough but there are just countless examples of that insurance policy not doing its job and the opposite occurring. Zacinto and Per Incanto not sure if they had particularly high TF ratings but are doing a pretty good job locally. 

2. Do you think the Deep Impact line will be competitive 2yos in Aus.? By this I mean competitive in Melbourne and Sydney before the end of April? I just see the Aus 2yo as a completely different type to that racing anywhere else including what we produce here locally.

Zacinto Timeform 126.

Will look up Per Incanto but my understanding was he was a freak in Italy but the form there is hard to grade. Then he went to England after Shadwell paid huge money for him and got sick.

Agree with you that Deep Impact's are not Aussie 2yo types. They a 3yo 1400+ types. 

You sure? US Navy Flag to Villachi? If that's right then yeah. He's a good horse. Little bit quirky and a bit of a kid but he seriously had herbs in the closet. Not many two year olds win the Middle Park over 1200 and then win the Dewhurst. Can't be done anymore because they changed the pattern. That he won the July Cup (1200) at three after being set for the 2000 Gns in Ireland and France is all the more meritorious.

Good move Kevin and the team.