RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
army

Useless TAB

Well if the TAB want our money and want to make money they shouldn't close the tacd and say on their site that the race is running when there still 2 minutes to ho

I am talking about NZ races not Aussie races. 

No evidence of it from what I have seen today, you still using a 486 or a blackberry?

Judging by the spelling mistakes, more than a few sav blancs have been consumed as well.

Gets rather tiring constant bagging of the TAB for punters own incompetence.

One reason can be that you've rewound your MySky for some reason, and haven't fast forwarded it again. That'll make the race close (on the website) before it runs (on your TV). I'm sure I'm not the only person to of done that? Can save money sometimes too ha!

12 hours ago, barryb said:

No evidence of it from what I have seen today, you still using a 486 or a blackberry?

Judging by the spelling mistakes, more than a few sav blancs have been consumed as well.

How much is your salary at the TAB?

I have recently changed from Sky TV to Vodafone TV. There is even more of a significant delay watching Trackside "live" on Vodafone TV than Sky TV. Looks to be about a 40 second delay. Bring back free-to-air "Action TV" I say. 

2 hours ago, NextPlease said:

How much is your salary at the TAB?

I have no connection to them.

Some of us don't cope well with change or technology, slow or outdated PC's or phones along with limited skills is often the culprit rather than the TAB. Thats not to say they have not made a serious hash of the new site and alienated their customer base which is madness. Any other organisation and heads would have rolled as they should in this case.

Most private companies would have apologised, put their hand up and said we f--ked up, sorry, please be loyal to us and we will look after you.

18 hours ago, barryb said:

How rude are you. There no need for that sort of comment. A. I am UE qualified. B. I dont drink wine. C. I have just had an eye operation but more importantly tou need to learn to not be so rude and attack people because you aren't anymore important than anyone else. Just for your imformation I was using my phone and it is a Samsung 

3 hours ago, barryb said:

I have no connection to them.

Some of us don't cope well with change or technology, slow or outdated PC's or phones along with limited skills is often the culprit rather than the TAB. Thats not to say they have not made a serious hash of the new site and alienated their customer base which is madness. Any other organisation and heads would have rolled as they should in this case.

Most private companies would have apologised, put their hand up and said we f--ked up, sorry, please be loyal to us and we will look after you.

As if your shit dont stink. Ooh dont you think you are do superior

35 minutes ago, army said:

How rude are you. There no need for that sort of comment. A. I am UE qualified. B. I dont drink wine. C. I have just had an eye operation but more importantly tou need to learn to not be so rude and attack people because you aren't anymore important than anyone else. Just for your imformation I was using my phone and it is a Samsung 

ok fair enough, but its perfectly fine for you to dump on faceless organisation like the TAB?

35 minutes ago, army said:

As if your shit dont stink. Ooh dont you think you are do superior

Not sure how you get that reference, but I am getting a clear impression you are a struggler with technology.

Rather than reading posts abusing each other, I would like to know whether my technical problem is widespread.

Does anyone else have the same problem with the site as my IPad? It’s like some compatibility issue,

I use the Ipad for Qld Tab site also with no problem.

My wife’s Ipad has not had the problem so it gets a good workout on Sat afternoons from me!

When I click on the tile for a bet (from the list of runners) it responds

Your betslip is currently empty Click a price to add a selection

and shows the working circular display on the tile until I close the site. Very hard to get a bet on with that, are others having this problem?

No I haven’t contacted the TAB Helpdesk yet.

Can I suggest Barryb as a third party observer of this conversation that your words come across as a bit on the  condescending side and might not win friends and influence people on this site when you are effectively taking a blaming and bagging tone with those that raise  legitimate concerns about a site you acknowledge has been found wanting time and time again over several months now. This new level of ineptness from the TAB really takes the cake in my opinion.  You.are of course absolutely entitled to your opinion as are others here but perhaps it could be couched in less inflammatory tones in future because what’s the point in getting people’s backs up by trying to shoot the messenger. We may disagree with each other and that’s fine but let’s keep the good manners intact eh.

2 hours ago, barryb said:

Do the following Peter & it should solve your problem.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265

Thanks for the help Barry, a simple clear of the browsing history has indeed solved the issue for me. A bit like shut down and start again, and the wife can have her IPad back !

Can’t blame the new website, it must be so hard to get anything working with all the different devices and browsers out there, but mainly all the old farts like me with their limited IT skills.

18 minutes ago, Peter R S said:

Can’t blame the new website, it must be so hard to get anything working with all the different devices and browsers out there, but mainly all the old farts like me with their limited IT skills.

Yes offcourse can't blame the new website. Getting paid $50M must be hard fixing the web website whilst skiing and dining in St Moritz.

1 hour ago, Peter R S said:

Thanks for the help Barry, a simple clear of the browsing history has indeed solved the issue for me. A bit like shut down and start again, and the wife can have her IPad back !

Good outcome Peter, no one minds helping those whom this sort of thing doesn’t come naturally if they ask right.Would be like me trying to build something, wouldn’t have a clue where to start and then blame the tools.

Tried to deposit money into my account Saturday with Visa but wouldnt accept. Tried to put it in at my local Cosi Club T.A.B and computer tells them to ring TAB. dId it on Internet banking and money only went in to my account late this morning. Anyone else have problems depositing?

55 minutes ago, Keneperu said:

What really annoys me now is sometimes no barrier draws shortened  horse names etcetc. They are closing TABs and want everyone to have a phone account but they cant get the basics right

Yep I am with you there, I went to have a bet on Friday and couldn't see the barrier draw so didn't bother betting. Happened a couple of times on Saturday as well. 

I have left the horse betting alone for a while, looks like I will carry on with just sports betting. 

Pleased I am not the only one re this. Harness draws easy to work out but big fields at the galloping  meets are  any ones guess. I could buy a Turf Digest I guess  but shouldnt have to.

Simple thing but don't think things will change.

Note they havent had any surveys out of late!