RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
joblow

Cricket World Cup - A million to one

Last night's performance by the national cricket team was all the evidence we needed, to show that they are no show at all in the upcoming tournament.

Our bowling attack of Mills, Southee and Oram will be canon fodder for the better teams and some of the minnows also as they trundle down their 125km / h rubbish.

The only hope we had was a decent spinner but Vetorri, McCallum and Woodcock couldn't turn a loose door handle.

So the good teams will score 300+ against us, a total we will be incapable of chasing down. Only hope we might have is if the million dollar man Taylor fakes an injury and How gets the 28 day squitters after a good vindaloo and Nicol and Vincent are called in to replace them. However given the blind pews on the selection panel there is no hope of that.

So we all need to look forward to an early home coming party for the worst national cricket team in living memory.

Only hope we might have is if the million dollar man Taylor fakes an injury and How gets the 28 day squitters after a good vindaloo and Nicol and Vincent are called in to replace them.

There is one other way, joblow...

All it needs is for the Pakistani heavies to 'suggest' to certain teams that beating those Black Cr*ps might be injurious to their health...

It doesn't take too much dosh at million-to-one odds to build quite a nest egg...

Soz for that peal of laughter just then, folks...

The following are the returns for a 1 unit bet on New Zealand to win the 2011 Cricket World Cup with a variety of (mainly) UK-based bookmakers:

21 21 21 21 19 21 21 21 21 21 21 19 21 17 24 25

The following is the return for a 1 unit bet on New Zealand to win the 2011 Cricket World Cup with the NZ TAB:

'You know the odds, now don't expect us to give you them'

So Murray - am I reading those odds correctly that the UK bookies have New Zealand at approximately 21,212 billion, billion, billion to 1 to win the cup?

Seems about right to me. Actually on second thoughts probably a little short - change the billions to trillions and it might just about be right.

This team is a disgrace and I feel sorry for two greats in John Wright and Alan Donald that they have anything to do with them

Despite the fact that they suck - I am gonna put a tenner on them cause I am a damn SUCKER for anyone in a black shirt.

The English 7s coach went out and bought an orange strip for them after losing to Portugal because they didnt deserve to wear their national colours!!

We should ban the Black Caps from wearing Black - and who knows....?

Last night's performance by the national cricket team was all the evidence we needed, to show that they are no show at all in the upcoming tournament.

Our bowling attack of Mills, Southee and Oram will be canon fodder for the better teams and some of the minnows also as they trundle down their 125km / h rubbish.

The only hope we had was a decent spinner but Vetorri, McCallum and Woodcock couldn't turn a loose door handle.

So the good teams will score 300+ against us, a total we will be incapable of chasing down. Only hope we might have is if the million dollar man Taylor fakes an injury and How gets the 28 day squitters after a good vindaloo and Nicol and Vincent are called in to replace them. However given the blind pews on the selection panel there is no hope of that.

So we all need to look forward to an early home coming party for the worst national cricket team in living memory.

Fair point. I know it was a "warm up game" but the way they lacked motivation and heart against India highlighted a few things for me. Sending Nicol would be a disaster as he's not up to international level. Yeah he got a ton in a final but Christ it wasnt pretty and he had a life or two. Might put a lazy fiver on the Pakis.

Despite the fact that they suck - I am gonna put a tenner on them cause I am a damn SUCKER for anyone in a black shirt.

Ditto Kiah although maybe we should have waited for their current odds i.e. "21,212 billion, billion, billion to 1 to win the cup"

For the life of me I don't know why they (NZ Sucklectors) never persevered with that young kid who made a cameo appearance against the Paki's in the 20/20's. Only sign of real Kiwi pace I have seen for several years. I suppose we shall have to wait until he has had @ 8-10 years of domestic cricket....be @ 30 years old and be battle hardened for

an International callup.....sigh!

I suppose we shall have to wait until he has had @ 8-10 years of domestic cricket....be @ 30 years old and be battle hardened for an International callup.....sigh!

Mmmm...

No-one (not even optimistic Kiah) really thinks this current New Zealand team is going to star...

Given that World Cups come about every four years - its HERE next time, right? - you'd almost have been tempted to blood a new, young team.

Sure, they might get embarrassed in a game or two (hell, the present mob aren't being so embarrassed?) but in four years time they'll have had the experience and would by then know each other pretty well, style-wise.

The present team 'know' each other so well that, if the TAB offers such an option, I will put a lazy tenner on Run Out being the first method of dismissal each time we (attempt to) bat, ha...

Good too see them start the tournament off on the right foot..tho to be fair,the result was hardly surprising..in regards to them demolishing the Kenyans.Good too see the bowlers bowling good lines..hopefully the can continue to bowl like that against the better teams..namely the Aussies,who they play against on Friday.

Good too see them start the tournament off on the right foot..tho to be fair,the result was hardly surprising..in regards to them demolishing the Kenyans.Good too see the bowlers bowling good lines..hopefully the can continue to bowl like that against the better teams..namely the Aussies,who they play against on Friday.

Mardy a 10 wicket win was inevitable although a 250 run win would have been more "beneficial". Missed the start...who won the toss anyway? If it was us we should have batted 1st....can't beat time in the middle and I can think of 1 or 3 who need that at the mo.

Mardy a 10 wicket win was inevitable although a 250 run win would have been more "beneficial". Missed the start...who won the toss anyway? If it was us we should have batted 1st....can't beat time in the middle and I can think of 1 or 3 who need that at the mo.

Ziggy...Kenya won the toss and decided to bat.