RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
The White Poodle

Questionable Handling..

Race one at Cambridge today The handler of the 8 dog needs  putting out to pasture as far as  boxing dogs go. Watch the replay and see how she struggled to box the dog and actually kneed the dog upwards assisting it to flip right over. This is not the first time at all she has needed assistance to box and maybe the Stewards  could look into this. 

7 hours ago, The White Poodle said:

Race one at Cambridge today The handler of the 8 dog needs  putting out to pasture as far as  boxing dogs go. Watch the replay and see how she struggled to box the dog and actually kneed the dog upwards assisting it to flip right over. This is not the first time at all she has needed assistance to box and maybe the Stewards  could look into this. 

67FEF966-469A-4CC4-9D8D-C9841648D41C.png

Totally agree, almost brutal handling, & as you say not the first time from this trainer.

I had a bet in the race and was pretty pissed off, it’s not fair on the other dogs already in the boxes while this malarkey is going on due to incompetent handling. 

Boxing first , fair call, but surely this Handler/Trainer should not be allowed to box the dog. The kneeing of dogs to box away is the sign of  a physical problem maybe but in no way does it allow full control of the dog. This is a regular habit Shirley has and maybe some other handlers could offer to help her out.?

In fairness the trainer in question has been around the dog racing circuit for a very long time and has also overcome injuries that many may not of recovered from as well as she has. Maybe handlers/trainers that are more capable and physically fit could offer to help, my guess would be that she doesn’t want to ask for help. Some younger newcomers could benefit from her knowledge might I add. It’s a tad harsh crucifying someone whose obviously still got a passion for the sport but physically  struggles with the odd over eager dog. I’ve seen a few battle scars, ie black eyes on trainers far stronger than she is as a result of temperamental hounds. Keep doing what you love and training winners Shirley.