RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

jewels fields

So what's it like down ChCh this mornin? cos it aint too bad up here (Auks) at mo, pretty wild overnight but fairly quiet n no rain for now, fingers & toes etc crossed for the Jewells :rcfe-happy-2: how long will they wait before deciding on a postponement etc....

Cheers Iraklis

14 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

So what's it like down ChCh this mornin? cos it aint too bad up here (Auks) at mo, pretty wild overnight but fairly quiet n no rain for now, fingers & toes etc crossed for the Jewells :rcfe-happy-2: how long will they wait before deciding on a postponement etc....

Cheers Iraklis

Surely the won't postpone?? I know it isn't going to be the same as a nice winters day, but I doubt they would be able to reschedule it on such short notice??

5 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Its absolutely pouring down here at the moment. I am a couple of miles from the track but there has been really heavy rain off and on all night

Me too Col....sure is persisting down.

The rain radar on met service suggests a huge rain bomb over Christchurch but some relief likely by 12 noon..

I guess the main issue is the condition of track for horse and drivers , as the surrounds should be pretty much rain -proof .

Covered barn ,concrete jungle and indoor rooms.

So assuming the track not washed away ,there should be racing conditions after noon when the bomb moves on .

Racing in June in South Island was always going to be a challenge with the weather so contingencies must have been considered.

theres no where to move to so all depends on what the water done to the track.

As I type it's the coldest and wettest its been since rain started about 6pm last night.

Maybe the storm before the calm !

Just now, tasman man 11 said:

Me too Col....sure is persisting down.

The rain radar on met service suggests a huge rain bomb over Christchurch but some relief likely by 12 noon..

I guess the main issue is the condition of track for horse and drivers , as the surrounds should be pretty much rain -proof .

Covered barn ,concrete jungle and indoor rooms.

So assuming the track not washed away ,there should be racing conditions after noon when the bomb moves on .

Racing in June in South Island was always going to be a challenge with the weather so contingencies must have been considered.

theres no where to move to so all depends on what the water done to the track.

As I type it's the coldest and wettest its been since rain started about 6pm last night.

Maybe the storm before the calm !

Rain has probably left Ashburton by now for a sunny day.

3 minutes ago, One more lap said:

Good point - nicely made. While Addington is my home track I think it's a shame.

Mind you can you imagine the marquees etc at Ashburton after this storm ????

13 minutes ago, One more lap said:

Probably ,but the entrances and surrounds are 3 feet under water and the puddles on the track make the place unusable !

Plus the current outlook for there is worse !

All this talk of the state of the track is of interest but to my mind the effect on the horses to have to race in these conditions should be the first consideration. There is a wind chill factor of minus 4 and the heavy rain is mixed with hail which combined with winds of 50 or 60 K's makes it impossible for horses to compete on a fair and equal basis

On HRNZ website they are sayin racin will commence as scheduled 12.15pm, how safe would track surface be for horses & drivers racin on it is where my thoughts are....I'm sure they'll really take a good look at surface etc before they do commence.....

Cheers Iraklis

27 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

On HRNZ website they are sayin racin will commence as scheduled 12.15pm, how safe would track surface be for horses & drivers racin on it is where my thoughts are....I'm sure they'll really take a good look at surface etc before they do commence.....

Cheers Iraklis

Well they should worry about the poor horse and driver and as for the public, there won’t be anyone there.

How do they work out who gets into the jewels fields? I see there were ballots who were much higher rated than horses in the fields, and maidens that had done nothing getting starts. Last night a 3yo trotting filly from Rangiora killed them at Alex Park. Why would they go there rather than just pop down the road for more money?

3 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

How do they work out who gets into the jewels fields? I see there were ballots who were much higher rated than horses in the fields, and maidens that had done nothing getting starts. Last night a 3yo trotting filly from Rangiora killed them at Alex Park. Why would they go there rather than just pop down the road for more money?

Top 12 money earners for a season gets a start in the jewels 

50 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Seems like it was a good day for the club despite the weather, its a great concept that makes the Gallop fraternity jealous.

Good to see the best horses in the country win most of the races...congrats all concerned.

Good horses and some very good drivers showing a lot of talent, still like the mile racing though, they are race times we like to see

The only punt for the club is the weather. Were it gallops it would have been canned. I had a work day interrupted so watched the whole thing from my lounge

Bloody good coverage, bloody good racing, bloody good that there was a roughy placed in every race. I have no problem with any of the commentators. You have to keep the banter going and if you dont agree with their assessment then follow your own logic. That's what punting is all about although I never had a bet all day. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it. Got a share in something lining up tomorrow so saving it for that.

15 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Seems like it was a good day for the club despite the weather, its a great concept that makes the Gallop fraternity jealous.

Good to see the best horses in the country win most of the races...congrats all concerned.

Seriously !!! .. you can tell by the lack of enthusiasm on this thread how exciting it was.

Honesty and respect for harness racing would be at an all time low.

5 hours ago, Everton said:

Seriously !!! .. you can tell by the lack of enthusiasm on this thread how exciting it was.

Honesty and respect for harness racing would be at an all time low.

Whatever... you can knock the big boys as much as you want but it seemed like a bloody GOOD day...JMO.