RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Amati Nidol

To be or not to be ... Unruly

As a casual (yet committed) observer it must be time for the stewards to order Jerry Garcia is removed from the Unruly list.

It is hard to raise this question. I do not mean to call into question the trainers integrity in doing so. 
The cynical side of me is wondering whether he is kept on the unruly as it is easier to run second from there regularly, rather than potentially drawing a nice position on the front line, stepping handy and winning, Thus going up in grade and putting the weekly cheques in jeopardy. 

There is no doubt starting off the unruly is similar to adding a 10m handicap.  Its  only not that big a disadvantage if a small front line,  I guess it all comes down to whether it helps the horse get away better.  Some trotters don't seem to go away if they have someone behind them at the start.,maybe  that's the reason jerry Garcia is still on unruly. I do agree it is a major handicap to its winning chances,  You've only got to watch its racing pattern to see that.

In my opinion another thing about horses staring off unruly like jerry Garcia is the runs take more out of them.  

4 hours ago, tim vince said:

Correct like  a handicap.st Michel in the draw almost always  misses away.unruly generally ok.better for everyone

There are also quite a few trotters that seem to go away far better from the outside of the unruly,instead of say the inside or middle of the unruly line.

Its got to be a psychological thing for horses that do that. Majestic hurricane is one of those that seems very claustrophobic.  Maybe its the same for st Michel. 

I've pointed out previously the confusing thing is in the north island your starter has been sending any horse playing up pre start to the outside of the unruly horses. In the south island the Canterbury starter has been sending them to the inside of the unruly horses. Surely there should be some consistency amongst starters.One of them is wrong, not sure which one.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:21 PM, what a post said:

There is no doubt starting off the unruly is similar to adding a 10m handicap.  Its  only not that big a disadvantage if a small front line,  I guess it all comes down to whether it helps the horse get away better.  Some trotters don't seem to go away if they have someone behind them at the start.,maybe  that's the reason jerry Garcia is still on unruly. I do agree it is a major handicap to its winning chances,  You've only got to watch its racing pattern to see that.

In my opinion another thing about horses staring off unruly like jerry Garcia is the runs take more out of them.  

Your 10m handicap is quite generous.

Often, depending on the size of the field, it is closer to 20m.

1 hour ago, westview said:

Just spoken to one of the owners, Jerry is on the unruly because of the trainer request.  They have tried in the past putting him back in the draw but he was disrupting the field, wouldn't it be great if a few other trainers did the same.

thanks for that. Jerry Garcia has always been a favorite of mine because of how courageous he can be at the finish of a race.