RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Game of Thrones.

This morning all i have heard on various radio shows,including USA,is people moaning and groaning about the ending of Game of Thrones.

People giving it a D minus and worse.

It was a show about tits and dragons what sort of ending did they want.

Maybe they wanted an American drama ending where the ending is known before the show even begins or even better maybe they wanted an ending like The Sopranos and Seinfield.

I just hope that no Shortland Street fans are disappointed because they put up with disapointment every episode.

Fantastic series though Crusty, and people have really got involved with it, hence the variation in comment.

George R Martin did not write an ending, so these two guys have had to manufacture one and it was never going to please everyone.

Turned out a bit "Happy Families" in the end with the Starks doing the best. Sansa got to be Queen after doing bugger all.

Poor old Jon Snow, after doing everyone a favour by knocking off the mad bitch Denaerys, gets banished to be a wildling somewhere..

:rolleyes:

A little disappointing - I wrote this earlier...

On this day in history, 2019, millions of Game of Thrones fans awoke and their first thought was ‘what the hell was that all about?’

A talk-fest finale, with a sugary ending, a decade in the making?

I cooked some gourmet chicken sausages (chicken, feta, and pumpkin) on the BBQ, I had my potato chips (diet starts tomorrow), and we settled down to watch the television event of the year.

The destination was acceptable enough, but the means of transportation was like flying economy to London via Vladivostok with no drinks service.

I mean, Jon ‘I cannot tell a lie’ Snow pulls off the perfect crime, the left-over dragon gives him a bit of a char just to let him know he’s not very happy, melts the Iron Throne, collects Dany and fly’s off.

No body, no witnesses…

I’d be like ‘yeah, she just decided to go, says her work is finished and all that’.

Or, take Aria aside ‘we have a bit of a problem, and I was hoping you could do that face-changing thing and send the Unsullied on a bit of a mission… a long mission’

But no, next scene, Jon’s in the slammer facing execution having obviously confessed to the whole thing – who would do that!? Oh yeah, Jon Snow.

And Grey Worm, the Unsullied Commander, who is all ‘he must be executed, nothing else is acceptable!’ is then convinced that letting Jon go and live with his mates up north is commensurate with a head lopping – what a push-over!

And then Bran, who let’s face it, actually didn’t do anything in the entire series except fall (fell, pushed – potato, potarto) out of a tower, and be human bait for the King of the Dead – hardly qualifications to rule.

And while we’re on rulers, the King of the Dead seemed like quite an even-tempered guy.

Sure he had quite a flat management structure, but I didn’t see any despotic behaviour, and it looked like he welcomed diversity in his team – giants, wildlings, humans, dragons. He also seemed to run quite a tight economy, what with everyone being dead and not actually requiring food, shelter, infrastructure etc – the Army of the Dead would have had quite a high ESG (environmental, social, governance) score, so yeah, a discussion about pros and cons prior to resorting to swords and dragons might have been a bit more constructive.

Yes, quite how they knew Jon had killed her, given the lack of evidence, was never explained.

Should have got a medal, saved the lot of them from that demented tart...!

Don't belittle Brann too much, he knew/saw a lot and I always suspected he would be there at the end. Vision always a positive...;)

The splitting of the North gave Sansa the Queen title she always wanted but never deserved, while little Arya decides to swan off into the sunset to find out " what is West of Westeros".....anyone feel a sequel brewing there..... ???

12 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yes, quite how they knew Jon had killed her, given the lack of evidence, was never explained.

Should have got a medal, saved the lot of them from that demented tart...!

Don't belittle Brann too much, he knew/saw a lot and I always suspected he would be there at the end. Vision always a positive...;)

The splitting of the North gave Sansa the Queen title she always wanted but never deserved, while little Arya decides to swan off into the sunset to find out " what is West of Westeros".....anyone feel a sequel brewing there..... ???

Already a prequel called ''BLOODMOON'' is filming.

Will be interesting to see how many of the actors go on to bigger and better things.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

doing everyone a favour by knocking off the mad bitch Denaerys,

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned*

*scorned = leaving the seat up, letting her get hangry, putting a bowl away in the wrong cupboard, not putting all 27 pillows on the bed in the right order :)

1 hour ago, Catalano said:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned*

*scorned = leaving the seat up, letting her get hangry, putting a bowl away in the wrong cupboard, not putting all 27 pillows on the bed in the right order :)

Not wrong there Cat.....this is the reaction at ours if dinner is late......:rolleyes:

IMG_3962.JPG

2 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Will be interesting to see how many of the actors go on to bigger and better things.

Some strange acting choices being mooted there Crusty....one good thing is George Martin is co producing and Weiss/ Benioff are nowhere. Will no doubt please plenty.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:47 PM, crustyngrizzly said:

Yeah Crusty - like Dianna Rigg - I wonder if she'll go on to bigger and better things - maybe an Avengers remake

On 5/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, Catalano said:

And then Bran, who let’s face it, actually didn’t do anything in the entire series except fall (fell, pushed – potato, potarto) out of a tower, and be human bait for the King of the Dead – hardly qualifications to rule.

t

Bran didn't have to do anything. Once he got to that tree, north of the Wall and got his third eye he knew exactly what was going to occur. He just couldn't say, cause it would have been a plot spoiler.

However this begs a few questions going forward in Westros- especially for the Kings Council. If their new King can see everything in the future; won't they just ask him to tell them, in order to save alot of pissing around.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:19 PM, Ohokaman said:

Some strange acting choices being mooted there Crusty....one good thing is George Martin is co producing and Weiss/ Benioff are nowhere. Will no doubt please plenty.

Good - cause Weiss and Benioff were seriously found wanting in the final series. They just lapsed back into Hollywood smaltz. Jamie and Brianne getting together  or Gendry and Arya getting together - did either of those have to happen? Super sneaky Varys and Tyrion becoming dumb buggers overnight. Really? Westros ends up an (Americanised ) democracy - makes me puke. In the sequel they should have a bloke called Ser Donald of Trump get elected as King on the back of promises to rebuild the Wall, due to a perceived threat from the North. Then it'd all be back on  - Lies, conniving, cronyism, off with their heads etc etc.

3 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Its only'''tits and arse'' as actor Ian McShane said when questioning the popularity of Game and Thones.

Looking forward to seeing McShane in a wrap up of Deadwood coming soon on Netflix.

Tits and Dragons was what he said Crusty.....rather condescendingly I thought. It's much more complicated than that.

The Deadwood Movie should be interesting. If only to see Hearst get his, and to see how pissed Jane gets......:rcf-laughing-1: