RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nasrullah

2019 New Season stallions

2019 New Season stallions

Roaring Lion by Kitten's Joy 

Timeform Rated 130.  Service Fee $35,000 +GST

Staphanos by Deep Impact

Timeform Rated 123.   Service fee $7,000+GST

Summer Passage by Snitzel

Timeform Rated 117. Service Fee $8,000+GST

Embellish by Savabeel

Timeform Rated 107. Service fee $5,000+GST

Howard Be Thy Name by Redoute's Choice

Timeform 106. Service fee $5,000+GST

Ardrossan by Redoute's Choice

Timeform Rated 99. Service fee $8,000+GST

Thanks Ruby. He was owned by Eric Watson ( former Westbury Stud owner) and has been on the market for a couple of years. I had seen him advertised on a number of Aussie online sales sites including the Inglis Online Auction recently.

Could be an interesting stallion for down south. Good breeding and a popular family. Everything out of the mare has sold well. Had a purple patch of form a few years ago in SA before his form tailed off thereafter. Here's hoping he does well down there.

It will be interesting to see if a NZ stud has a go at this stallion on Tuesday at the MM sale

https://magicmillions.online/viewLot/240/1895

The Taj Mahal  4 wins , 2 @ Grp 2 level  by Galileo and a full brother to Gleneagles.

Also selling  Good Project --by Not a Single Doubt

Merovee --by Frankel out of More Strawberries.

The last two are Chris Waller horses.

I think it is fair to assume all three would have been offered to Australian studs before being entered in to the sale. So it will interesting to see what happens

I will not pretend to understand stallion valuations --- The Taj Mahal sold for A$560,000. That seems quite cheap to me, given Gleneagles has started off quite in the NH.

Maybe in this fickle business it was the fact that he did not win a Grp 1 race. I hope he stays in Australasia as it will be interesting to follow his progress.

The other two sold for $50k  --Good Project and $20K--  Merovee ---looks like both going to China.

19 hours ago, elvis said:

Other than Ardrossan? Where are all the mares coming from. I’m selling mine . Had enough for now. Stallions way over priced Imo!

I think you make a good point, particularly in this country most breeders I've spoken to are asking where is the value and will probably do what youre doing.

a few stallions Derryn,Complacent,Embellish,Nadeem,Telperion ,Wrote and possibly Sweynesse(though you'd expect his fee will probably rise) offer some hope.

So if you had a mare where she had 5 foals, 2 to the races, 1 has won 6, placed 7 and the other has won 5 and placed 4, both just missed black type, would you be Breeding.? Of the others, 1 is an un raced 4yr old, a 2 year old who is showing something and the other a weanling. 

21 minutes ago, ADM said:

So if you had a mare where she had 5 foals, 2 to the races, 1 has won 6, placed 7 and the other has won 5 and placed 4, both just missed black type, would you be Breeding.? Of the others, 1 is an un raced 4yr old, a 2 year old who is showing something and the other a weanling. 

I would be breeding to her for sure. That is pretty impressive.

Do you sell them as weanlings or yearlings?

1 hour ago, ADM said:

All comes down to your circumstances does't it , of course you'd be breeding if you could find a suitable mating at value.

We try to sell as yearlings, the problem as noted by Huey is finding a value commercial stallion as she seems to like producing fillies and then we get hammered at the sales. 

4 hours ago, ADM said:

We try to sell as yearlings, the problem as noted by Huey is finding a value commercial stallion as she seems to like producing fillies and then we get hammered at the sales. 

Fillies can be hard.

Some stallions do have a chance where you will see their service fee rise quickly and nice to be aboard just before they explode!.

There is value in the $5,000 to $8,000 range and I don't think they are over priced.

The family has been very good to us but the cost to return is just getting a bit hard to take. The other problem is finding a commercial stallion under 16.1 hands, have found danehill cross works, no Zabeel  and under $15k