RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Ballydoyle / Epsom

Ballydoyle are sweeping all the Derby Trials in UK and Ireland past week or so.Stable  1/3 to win Derby filling most  the top places in betting . 

Anthony Van Dyke 8/1 best priced is  a half brother to Bounding and won at Lingfield Saturday  which is very close to Epsom in characteristics . For Spring in Australia I think a couple down the order at Ballydoyle might be worth keeping eye on .Norway and Mohawk. Just far enough off pace to not make cut but close enough to still be very good . Wouldn't be surprised if they turned up in Melbourne .

12 hours ago, Huey said:

How good is this Sir Dragonet?

I see on RP he doesn't look to be entered for the Derby for some reason, is the Chester Vase not a good form race for the Derby?

Chester very different course to most in UK Ire . Vase has produced Henbit , Shergar , Ruler of the World and Wings of Eagles was placed . Some average winners too like all the Derby Trials.  Sir Dragonet got class all over pedigree and sure to get supplemented . They always happy to run  multiple runners at Epsom.

Dante run this week always good and this year looks real good .

Ex Lingfield Derby Trial winner Nevis runs this week at Timaru. He's been around the houses that one . 

On 5/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, Huey said:

How good is this Sir Dragonet?

I see on RP he doesn't look to be entered for the Derby for some reason, is the Chester Vase not a good form race for the Derby?

Personally Huey,I think he is a very exciting prospect.Ballydoyle have used Chester over the years as one of their lead up races for Epsom.Winners and placegetters in the Vase have feared well enough in The Derby but the Dante is the usual  yard stick.

By all accounts(and this shows in the odds for each start)he was and is still pretty green and hadn't shown much on the gallop at Ballydoyle.He still needs to be supplemented for The Derby and am guessing that decision won't be  made until after the Dante on Thursday.

I think they (Ballydoyle)have 3 or 4 strong contenders ,I'm still not convinced the fav will get to The Derby,it will be interesting to see how the Gosden runner pulls up after the Dante.Outside the Ballydoyle runners,I only see 3 other runners  with chances

Not many horses unraced as juveniles win Derby , not sure numbers who have ..Likes of Oath and Golden Horn had blow outs  in backend maidens and got run under belt .Ballydoyle had Ruler of World in 2013 maiden win, Chester Vase then Derby , 2019 Sir Dragonet maiden win , Chester Vase maybe Derby ?. With Persian King looking dominant in France  maybe they  go all in and attack Epsom with even bigger numbers this year.

59 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Personally Huey,I think he is a very exciting prospect.Ballydoyle have used Chester over the years as one of their lead up races for Epsom.Winners and placegetters in the Vase have feared well enough in The Derby but the Dante is the usual  yard stick.

By all accounts(and this shows in the odds for each start)he was and is still pretty green and hadn't shown much on the gallop at Ballydoyle.He still needs to be supplemented for The Derby and am guessing that decision won't be  made until after the Dante on Thursday.

I think they (Ballydoyle)have 3 or 4 strong contenders ,I'm still not convinced the fav will get to The Derby,it will be interesting to see how the Gosden runner pulls up after the Dante.Outside the Ballydoyle runners,I only see 3 other runners  with chances

We should've been all over this today Swoopy! :rcf-rich::rcf-laughing-2:
image.png.ddc0b0d03939fdfb33bb720f1e645b05.png

Favourite Too Darn Hot out of The Derby after today's Dante.This really opens up the market for The Derby!

Red Rum,I see your Ispolini is taking on Stadivarius in the Gp2 on day 3 at York .

Also Persian King going for the Prix Du Jockey Club over 10 furlongs (10f would be his limit)as his next mission.

12 hours ago, Swoopa said:

Favourite Too Darn Hot out of The Derby after today's Dante.This really opens up the market for The Derby!

Red Rum,I see your Ispolini is taking on Stadivarius in the Gp2 on day 3 at York .

Also Persian King going for the Prix Du Jockey Club over 10 furlongs (10f would be his limit)as his next 

Ispolini gets 3lb and only 4 lbs  behind Stadivarius according to handicapper . He might have edge on fitness so if he is  going to beat him tonights the night .

Lucius Tiberius in race after an odd one . Godolphin got him for 320000 guineas at Newmarket HIT sales  from Ballydoyle at end of 3 year old season, gelded him and he's just gone ok in two runs . 

First Eleven , Kingmans half brother by Frankel  won well first day , was on 104 ,lightly raced could be improver.Heading to Ebor according to RP.

85k to put Telecaster back in Derby , they pulled him out in Spring, oops .

Sir Dragonet going for the French Derby,I presume they are going there to get a slight ease in the ground as (imo)his front leg action does come down a little heavy!He is still untapped and could win this quite easily.

1 hour ago, Swoopa said:

Sir Dragonet going for the French Derby,I presume they are going there to get a slight ease in the ground as (imo)his front leg action does come down a little heavy!He is still untapped and could win this quite easily.

:rcf-embarrassed-4:Sorry folks got ahead of myself there!O'Brien leaving the decision  until the last minute now.I still think he will go where the forgiving ground is.

14 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

:rcf-embarrassed-4:Sorry folks got ahead of myself there!O'Brien leaving the decision  until the last minute now.I still think he will go where the forgiving ground is.

John Gosden's Private Secretary 41s Ladbrokes 1/4 odds the place at moment. Dettori up in last trial at Goodwood this Friday . By Kingman half to Michelangelo,  3rd in   Leger before he went to Waterhouse but went no good in couple and  bled. , Another half brother stayed 2 miles plus distances and grandam was classy.Couple nice seconds as 2 year old one behind a horse that looks pretty handy and two solid wins this year in novice and 10 furlongs Sandown handicap. He's my ew longshot.He will shorten up if couple not supplemented and he goes ok this week.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:23 PM, Swoopa said:

Sir Dragonet hasn't been handling the Ballydoyle Corner so probably going to French Derby

Cheers Berri,(yes well tried at Ballydoyle)he looks pretty green and with the melting pot of Derby day and the Downs track can trip up many young horses.Time will tell at acceptance time but the Prix Du Jockey Club looks more his race,although he has to take on the gritty Fabre runner Persian King.

I'm down to 4 horses in The Derby and 3 in The Oaks.

Cheers