RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

UMC still at it

Ho hum, another race  another pointless victory in 1.53 for u may collect 11111 . the picket fence continues as do the knockers. .maybe more are joining the enthusiasts for a horse from the wrong side of the tracks.He does not appear to be in top gear yet so roll on november .

15 minutes ago, john legend said:

Ho hum, another race  another pointless victory in 1.53 for u may collect 11111 . the picket fence continues as do the knockers. .maybe more are joining the enthusiasts for a horse from the wrong side of the tracks.He does not appear to be in top gear yet so roll on november .

Not sure if you are in jest, I hope so 

If not how is it pointless, I would have thought every victory anywhere by any horse is worth cheering for by the connections. In this case the more wins UMC has the quicker he goes thru the grades the sooner he can take on the best at Adders Hardly pointless in fact the opposite.

He's certainly a horse with a big future ahead of him. Apparently the soundness issues aren't an issue at the moment either. I'm sure Tank won't mind the freezing mornings on the beach this winter!!

Another horse appeared at Winton on Saturday too that appears to be cut from much the same cloth as U May Collect. The name Wild West is one you're going to hear plenty about. He is very much U May Collect-ish in the way he goes.

Unfortunately he'll probably be sold before long so Southlanders might only get to see him in the flesh for a short while.

8 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Unfortunately he'll probably be sold before long so Southlanders might only get to see him in the flesh for a short while.

He is apparently being closely monitored  bit If he has a history of tendon trouble he might not be such an easy sell.

9 hours ago, john legend said:

What knockers? All I ever read and hear is people who love the horse.

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

He is apparently being closely monitored  bit If he has a history of tendon trouble he might not be such an easy sell.

That comment was about the new kid on the block Wild West. He has "excitement machine" written all over him too. Apparently some big offers were on the table well before he raced. I'd imagine they'll be in a bidding frenzy after the weekends performance!

As for U May Collect, don't worry about him being hard to sell. He simply isn't for sale!

1 hour ago, Toblerone said:

What knockers? All I ever read and hear is people who love the horse.

I'm a big UMC fan.

But yes, somehow there are quite a few people that are, maybe not knocking UMC, but at the very least dismissing his performances and not wanting to give him too much credit.

THEIR arguments are mainly based around the class of horse that he is beating up. I can see where they are coming from but my argument is one can only win. More importantly than that, it is the fashion that he is winning. He looks to have a massive stride and when the button is pushed, there's plenty of horse power there. I don't think he could currently beat Thefixer, Spankem or Turn It Up. But I think he would give them something to think about for sure and there wouldn't be another horse (in NZ) that he should be scared of. 

My thinking is, because he will be a 6-year old in November, his target has to be the Cup this year. If he was a 3 or 4 yr old now, you could set your sights a little lower, but time isn't really on his side. Having said that he has now had only 5 race day starts, so he still has fresh (but previously buggered) legs with little milage in them. 

I wish the connections every success. Good luck! 

On 5/13/2019 at 6:18 PM, JackSprat said:

That comment was about the new kid on the block Wild West. He has "excitement machine" written all over him too. Apparently some big offers were on the table well before he raced. I'd imagine they'll be in a bidding frenzy after the weekends performance!

As for U May Collect, don't worry about him being hard to sell. He simply isn't for sale!

Wildwest sold for 6 figure sum subject to Vet according to trainer

U May Collect, I hope like fury he stays sound, and keeps on his winnin ways, and maybe just maybe hullo NZ Cup :rcfe-happy-2: reckon the guns will have their work cutout, and at very least he could prove a fricken headache for em all, it's like right now he's runnin for the fun of it, come Nov they'll know he's in it for sure, fingers crossed for him.....to his connections, enjoy enjoy enjoy guys he's doin yuhs proud....

Cheers Iraklis

Oh cheez, did he (UMCullect) break a sweat :rcfe-happy-2: corr they havin a lot of fun with him, good on em too.....his stand start manners are good, bodes well for NZ Cup, geez I hope he makes it much much luck to him and his team......

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Some interesting driving moves by the opposition didn't  plan.out either.

Greg

Dead right mate. 

You can't pull out like Brad Williamson did on his horse, for then (a) not to improve your position, and (b) not to impede another horse's ability to progress.

It was a blatent breach of rule 869 (4).

UMC started making his run. Brad turns his head to see this, pulls out in front of him and never improved one bit. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Brad Williamson. He is a good driver. Maybe he was driving to instructions. Or maybe he thought he could improve his horse's position, but there was nothing there when he asked for it to go (I am assuming he asked for it to go. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, but didn't see any evidence of it eg. A tap with the whip/reigns). It ran last anyway, so maybe the horse wasn't right, but it sure wasn't a good look.

Thank God the right result eventuated anyway.

Rusty mate, UMCullect is carryin way to many guns for that lot (no disrespect to the other horses), time he had a shot in the big game :rcfe-happy-2: do you think they might start bringin him up to Addy or Auks anyone heard any whispers yet?

Cheers Iraklis

The listed Uncut Gems event for four-year-old and older pacers at Addington on June 14 will be U May Cullect’s next target.

Incredibly, the five-year-old should strip an even better horse for the 2600m feature.

“We had had a bit of a problem with greasy heel and the tides had been against us for the last two weeks.”

“So, we couldn’t follow our usual routine with him.”

“This run should top him off nicely for the Uncut Gems.”

7 hours ago, Rusty said:

Dead right mate. 

You can't pull out like Brad Williamson did on his horse, for then (a) not to improve your position, and (b) not to impede another horse's ability to progress.

It was a blatent breach of rule 869 (4).

UMC started making his run. Brad turns his head to see this, pulls out in front of him and never improved one bit. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Brad Williamson. He is a good driver. Maybe he was driving to instructions. Or maybe he thought he could improve his horse's position, but there was nothing there when he asked for it to go (I am assuming he asked for it to go. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, but didn't see any evidence of it eg. A tap with the whip/reigns). It ran last anyway, so maybe the horse wasn't right, but it sure wasn't a good look.

Thank God the right result eventuated anyway.

I didn't see it as team driving. Just more an example of average tactics on a horse known as a sit sprinter,who under performed anyway.

Brad Williamson is a very good front running driver, however when driving in the field he can be inconsistent and often you wonder about his tactical approach in some races.   Who knows what he was thinking in the u may collect race,,but he has had plenty of other head scratchers so I don't think too much should be read into that drive.

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Rusty mate, UMCullect is carryin way to many guns for that lot (no disrespect to the other horses), time he had a shot in the big game :rcfe-happy-2: do you think they might start bringin him up to Addy or Auks anyone heard any whispers yet?

Cheers Iraklis

What KH said, with the Addington race on Friday week. 

I highly doubt he would be heading to Auckland anytime prior to NZ Cup week. 

I wouldn't make a trainer's armpit, but I'm hoping UMC has a bit of a break after his next start and sets his sights firmly on the Cup. 

The Hannon, Ashburton Flying Stakes, Maurice Holmes Vase, New Brighton Cup, possibly Kaikoura Cup, plenty of options there, it's all pretty exciting. 

Interestingly enough, there seems to be fewer people about now that are knocking his ability/potential. Let's just pray that UMC stays sound. Wish his connections all the very best. 

He seems to thrive well on the racin, but yeh in light of his prior leg issues easy does it for now I spose :rcf-thinking-1: gawd it would be great to see him at The Park who knows summit may attract his connections this way, Auck Cup maybe, hell hes got it all ahead of him really, how excitin for them all, this is what it's all about ay guys :rcfe-happy-2: I'm lovin it......

Cheers Iraklis

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

gawd it would be great to see him at The Park who knows summit may attract his connections this way, Auck Cup maybe, hell hes got it all ahead of him really, how excitin for them all, this is what it's all about ay guys

Safely and competitively through cup week surely he would target the interdoms.

Yes Kotare, Inters (slap me silly) I forgot about the Inters, oh wow, and yes JL, a mouth waterin match up with TurnItUp :rcfe-like: an Thefixer etc ooh corr now we're talkin.....boy we got heaps to look forward to, hot dang!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Somehow I doubt that the Interdominion format is going to fit in with the program of spaced races that U May Collect's connections are following. A couple of hand picked races over Cup week maybe - 4 races crammed together in an Interdominion campaign is never going to happen.

Seems that those who doubted this horses potential a couple of months ago are well and truly on the bandwagon now!