RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

UMC still at it

yes Westview.it s the manner of his wins which excites most of us. Many horses string 2 or 3 wins togetherand the owners and friends can get naturally optimistic they may have a buuding champion.However having watched 1000s of very promising horses it is rare to see one like UMC HE IS SPECIAL  and after 6 from 6 any distance/any comp/stand/mobile He just appears a pacer who while still learning to race  has untapped potential.A big plus is the owner will not sell "at any price"Lets hope he can get the general public intersted in harness racing as only champions can do.

this friday night Addington will be first big test against Classy Brigade and triple eight. BUT.... same result expected There is no stopping the freaky friday horse .Number 7 coming up (alright I am getting carried away.... but it feels goooood !!)

6 hours ago, john legend said:

this friday night Addington will be first big test against Classy Brigade and triple eight. BUT.... same result expected There is no stopping the freaky friday horse .Number 7 coming up (alright I am getting carried away.... but it feels goooood !!)

Are you Iraklis in disguise?

22 hours ago, john legend said:

just like to add for the punters 7 is often lucky and here we have horse no. 7 in the 7 th race going for his 7 th win.at his 7th start. Now that makes sense U will collect... ($700 ew.):rcfe-like:

That theory probably means he will run 7th :rcf-cool:

the experienced drivers John Dunn and David Butcher held UMC in a pocket so would not have much time to get up speed .but just too much  talent ... To beat Classie brigade and triple eight a real big step considering their earnings.245000 and 150000 respectively, and a slow track a 1.56 mr ,outstanding.But lets hope next few wins not as close.whew.!:rcf-happy-7:

Initially I didn't think he looked quite as sharp as he has been in his earlier races ....  but ..... running  a 1.56mr over 2600 on a wet track, after working for the first 400m to find the front, and seeing the sprint lane for the first time, at just you're 7th race start, can do that to you!

He did what only good horses can do last night - he found a way to win even when he looked beaten.

Absolute excitement machine who can only come back even better after a freshen up now!

Into $7 now for the NZ Cup after only 7 starts!

5 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Initially I didn't think he looked quite as sharp as he has been in his earlier races ....  but ..... running  a 1.56mr over 2600 on a wet track, after working for the first 400m to find the front, and seeing the sprint lane for the first time, at just you're 7th race start, can do that to you!

He did what only good horses can do last night - he found a way to win even when he looked beaten.

Absolute excitement machine who can only come back even better after a freshen up now!

Into $7 now for the NZ Cup after only 7 starts!

As good as he is I think $7.00 for him is way to short. A lot of water to go under the bridge before November.  Great to see a smaller stable get a good horse though.

2 hours ago, lamour said:

As good as he is I think $7.00 for him is way to short. A lot of water to go under the bridge before November.  Great to see a smaller stable get a good horse though.

Dead right.

I wouldn't take anything less than $12 for any horse this far out for the Cup, which is looking like there are going to be several horses, almost a dozen maybe, that you wouldn't be surprised if any one of them won it. I'm hoping UMC takes it out though! 

gold advert for harness racing making  national news (well done Jess or whoever responsible ,Tom?)I wonder if I heard correctly that UMC aiming to try to win Cup and to be only 2nd horse from soutlland to do it in last 100 years .the other being Lunar Chance in 1975. However the great wonder horse Cardigan Bay was born in Edendale in 1956 winning the nz cup in 1963 (from 54 yards.) Surely no one has forgotten the great Cardigan Bay ?

42 minutes ago, john legend said:

gold advert for harness racing making  national news (well done Jess or whoever responsible ,Tom?)I wonder if I heard correctly that UMC aiming to try to win Cup and to be only 2nd horse from soutlland to do it in last 100 years .the other being Lunar Chance in 1975. However the great wonder horse Cardigan Bay was born in Edendale in 1956 winning the nz cup in 1963 (from 54 yards.) Surely no one has forgotten the great Cardigan Bay ?

Trusty Scot after Lunar Chance 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, JackSprat said:

Another horse appeared at Winton on Saturday too that appears to be cut from much the same cloth as U May Collect. The name Wild West is one you're going to hear plenty about. He is very much U May Collect-ish in the way he goes.

Unfortunately he'll probably be sold before long so Southlanders might only get to see him in the flesh for a short while.

Yep. Gone to Perth. 

1 hour ago, john legend said:

thanks Patiti, I do appreciate that he was purchased out of Southland by Audrey Dean and moved north, but did Cardigan Bay start his racing career in Southland ? (and if so would he have been a southlander cup winner?)

Yes, had his first few starts for the Todd’s in Southland 

20 hours ago, lamour said:
On 6/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, JackSprat said:

Initially I didn't think he looked quite as sharp as he has been in his earlier races ....  but ..... 

He didn't look quite as sharp JS because he didn't get matters all his own way this time and never had to work like that before. This was one step up and he's made that move but from now it'll be like going from Super Rugby to the ABs - a whole new ballgame. Can't fault 7 from 7 but this far out from the Cup he'd want to be 20s at least before I'd touch him. Good to have a new star on the horizon though.

UMC "carlos" is on his way back.. Kirstin Barclay is looking to Winton for start of season for him 8.9.19 then the big boys in the Hannon at Oamaru. looking forward to see if he measures up this season as the Cup may become realistic after the Hannon.(for Iraklis....wowee can"t wait):rcf-happy-7: