RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chiknsmack

Harpoon Harry

Anyone know anything about this dog, on debut in the first at Palmy tomorrow? There's no qualifying trial details on either the TAB or GRNZ websites. I thought maybe he qualified on Friday and so info hadn't been updated, but wouldn't he have been nominated for the race last Tuesday? Are you allowed to nom non-qualified dogs? Or do you not actually need a qualifying trial to be allowed to race? (I'm a punter and former licensed owner who never actually owned a dog, so I don't know all the ins and outs).

It's a maiden, the field is Bigtime Stella vs Harpoon Harry vs not much else, and Stella's no star by the looks of it so I probably won't be betting. But it'd be nice to know how Harry goes, if anyone's willing to share any mail.

13 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

If you have own a dog you will know you have to qualify

17 hours ago, chiknsmack said:

(I'm a punter and former licensed owner who never actually owned a dog, so I don't know all the ins and outs).

13 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

You can not nominate the computer system will not let any dog into a field that isnt qualified 

And the dog has qualified 

Thanks. The info is up now on GRNZ. He won in 23.99 over 410m at Palmy last Monday. I'd have him clear second pick on that (at $3.50, with Bigtime Stella $2) so I've had something on him at $9.

21 hours ago, chiknsmack said:

Thanks. The info is up now on GRNZ. He won in 23.99 over 410m at Palmy last Monday. I'd have him clear second pick on that (at $3.50, with Bigtime Stella $2) so I've had something on him at $9.

Nice effort yesterday, trainer is an absolute gentleman - all the best!

On 5/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, The White Poodle said:

Yep an absolute gentleman and the Best Licensed Persons rep we have ever had Howrude?  His performance on the Board for us all  has been excellent, All the Best!.. 

I wouldn't contest that at all haha