RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

(The) Bostonian (NZ)

It’s G1 level performance that determines the best horse performances. So far, The Bostonian has won two G1 in a row in Oz. Finishing 5th at Otaki has no relevance. TB has gone to another level - something a horse has to do coming from NZ to Australia (Just ask Danzdanzdance.) If TB wins the Stradbroke then he wins HOTY. If he doesn’t then MB might get the nod (most likely) or a dead heat. Either way, it will be great if TB can do it !

34 minutes ago, Trump said:

It’s G1 level performance that determines the best horse performances. So far, The Bostonian has won two G1 in a row in Oz. Finishing 5th at Otaki has no relevance. TB has gone to another level - something a horse has to do coming from NZ to Australia (Just ask Danzdanzdance.) If TB wins the Stradbroke then he wins HOTY. If he doesn’t then MB might get the nod (most likely) or a dead heat. Either way, it will be great if TB can do it !

Now you are being ridiculous...If he happens to win the Straddy...which is a big if he may have some claims to being considered...if not NO chance...IMHO.

8 hours ago, Trump said:

Yes, Danzdanzdance struggled in Oz, but against the best of the best in Oz - Winx and Avilius and He's Eminent come to mind) ... unlike TB, who has beaten Ozborne Bulls and bugger all else so far. Would like to know how many previous Gr 1 winners were in the Doomben 10,000 and Kingsford Smith races. Would hazard a guess and say: ZERO. 

6 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Would like to know how many previous Gr 1 winners were in the Doomben 10,000 and Kingsford Smith races. Would hazard a guess and say: ZERO. 

Nature Strip and Manuel in the 10,000 and Prompt Response in the Kingsford Smith. 

This is an interesting challenge and I wish Tony and the Archers the best of luck. But you need a truck load of it to get the loot. We raced a horse in the race many years back that could run 1600m in 1.32.29 (won the Easter in that time) who trailed for most of the run in the Straddie, then has a hiccup,  and Thorn Park strode home in a really good time off that very quick pace. If Cahill can get the same sit as the two runs so far, then he is a winning chance. But believe me, luck is significant in this race, the pony from New Plymouth being testimony to that effect.

All the best for the Boston connections

John 

1 hour ago, John Clydesdale said:

This is an interesting challenge and I wish Tony and the Archers the best of luck. But you need a truck load of it to get the loot. We raced a horse in the race many years back that could run 1600m in 1.32.29 (won the Easter in that time) who trailed for most of the run in the Straddie, then has a hiccup,  and Thorn Park strode home in a really good time off that very quick pace. If Cahill can get the same sit as the two runs so far, then he is a winning chance. But believe me, luck is significant in this race, the pony from New Plymouth being testimony to that effect.

John 

The pony from New Plymouth was quite a handy horse.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:30 PM, John Clydesdale said:

John 

If he hadn’t been nearly put over the running rail at the 250m peg when bolting thru on the rails, Sedecrem would have beaten Thorn Park. Cory Brown got 9 weeks and a $2k fine for causing the interference. Some consolation for the impeccable 6 month planning raid by Jillo! 

16 hours ago, mckenzie said:

Gee I Jane was another unlucky Stradbroke story. Drew the outside, sat deep and went down a neck to a 3yo carrying 48.5kg. 

proving We're Doomed's point re luck in the running. I guess that's the beauty of Handicaps,  cf WFA or Set Weights/Penalties...

Barrier draws and luck in running  are huge in races like the Stradbroke .. I backed Bostonian in both sprints so far, but won't be going to the well again if he draws outside barrier 9.

Looks like a big wet coming for fri/Sat in Brisbane. If track is slow/heavy, then I can see a Bostonian/Home of The Brave Quinella. Declares War for the Derby with an improved run from a fitter Lord Arthur.

4 hours ago, 100 1 said:

I don't follow the Aus form and not sure of track conditions but from what i saw last time  Endless Drama should be paying less than Bostonian. 

A good run by Endless Drama last start but really, it can’t beat Bostonian on the weights (IMHO). I’d rather be throwing ED in the multi along with Trekking, Home of the Brave and 3 or 4 lessor fancied good odds chances. 

9 minutes ago, Trump said:

A good run by Endless Drama last start but really, it can’t beat Bostonian on the weights (IMHO). I’d rather be throwing ED in the multi along with Trekking, Home of the Brave and 3 or 4 lessor fancied good odds chances. 

Ok  not sure what I am missing here.

Without seeing a replay ED went 1-2 length better than TB.

Across to last on the rail 12 lengths from the leader. Ran the fastest 400 of the day apparently. TB had another perfect run.

This time ED likely to get the better run plus is also 3kg better off hence my original statement.

Hope that helps.

What's the best site for Aus form/videos...wouldn't mind checking the race out.

1 minute ago, 100 1 said:

Ok  not sure what I am missing here.

Without seeing a replay ED went 1-2 length better than TB.

Across to last on the rail 12 lengths from the leader. Ran the fastest 400 of the day apparently. TB had another perfect run.

This time ED likely to get the better run plus is also 3kg better off hence my original statement.

Hope that helps.

What's the best site for Aus form/videos...wouldn't mind checking the race out.

I don't mind Endless Drama myself. A very underrated horse.

9 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

TB jock made up for his previous two good rides. 

An inspection of the ground from where TB started in the barriers showed the skid marks where the horse slid as it tried to accelerate out of the barriers. Hardly a fault of the jockey. Then blocked and checked in the running so all in all, a forget run.